Changes coming to the LL Vet classes?

My god people, here we go again with the class structure. It used to be us debating about poor little Johny not going to get an award, now we are talking about grown adults not having a class to ride that they can win in. Why penalize the guy that has work his ass off to get to the top of the sport that he loves by not letting him ride an event after he is retired, they are not pro's any longer. If it is not Reynard it will be some other rider that has worked hard that wins on that day. If Dungy shows up Sunday at Briarcliff will we talk about how unfair it is to the other riders because they had to work 40 hours this week. Be proud that you made the show at Loretta's.

So it's ok for a High school principal to bust his ass his entire life, crank out $120,000 for his principal years..... then retire. Cash-in on all his untaken sick days. (Mostly 20 years worth that add up to over $50,000-$100,000) Then he decides to come back at a discounted price because he loves the kids: AKA re-hired for $60,000/year. But he doesn't tell anyone he's cashing in on his full retirement monthly as well. So he just took a huge PAY INCREASE. Double dipping is ok?

Let Emig and Ferry and Dowd race each other. They still race for a living. Are they trying to make ends meet and race? Nope. Am I jealous, no? Should regular adults be able to race vet classes? I sure do remember lining up my dad at Loretta's when I was racing too. But then again he wasn't racing Bob Hannah I'm 1994 and 1995.

Yup, right in the supplemental rules. Jan 1 for youth, First day of National for vet, just as pit said.

Which must be only LL specific, cause this year at HP am day I asked them and they said no I will have to wait until I turn 25 to sign up for +25. So I would have to race college.

How about OMA JO, can I race +25 next year at the beginning, or I have to wait until after my bday?

If it's an AMA event, all you have to be is 25 by the time the Loretta's week comes along. you can qualify at 24, turn 25 July 19th-ish and be eligible.

No we wrote it as jan 1 for everyone, but u could advance yourself on your bday if you change your mind or want to switch. However once you move to the older class, you can't move back. Make sense ?

What is so hard about the fact that A means A ? If you moved to A class that is great! Be proud and ride against other A riders if you try and go to LL. The debate is about making A class structures at LL. Currently B riders need to compete against A riders in everything above the 30 B/C class. That includes local level A riders AND ex pro riders. So you would have it that local level A riders race B class riders just so you can feel like you can compete against B riders? Why did you move to the A class then? Its all relative. As an A rider you are complaining you dont want to ride against the same people B/C riders are. Wow.....
Don't misconstrue what I'm saying. You're arguing a hypothetical situation. The initial post up for debate was from DC himself reconstructing age classes to give exPROs a class to keep racing at Loretta's. NOT creating an A class.
My target class would stay the same(atleast in that topic), +25 with expros and and all vets. 30+ and up is where the rules will be changed.
If you want a B or C class so bad go line up in the displacement classes offered. And if there are VetA classes offered, that's exactly what I'd be lining up in as would the other A and pro riders.

Don't misconstrue what I'm saying. You're arguing a hypothetical situation. The initial post up for debate was from DC himself reconstructing age classes to give exPROs a class to keep racing at Loretta's. NOT creating an A class.
My target class would stay the same(atleast in that topic), +25 with expros and and all vets. 30+ and up is where the rules will be changed.
If you want a B or C class so bad go line up in the displacement classes offered. And if there are VetA classes offered, that's exactly what I'd be lining up in as would the other A and pro riders.

If thats the case then we are on the same page, thats all I have been saying. And just for the record I try in the +40 and +45 classes. Im not overly concerned about it. I could have a better chance in the +30 B/C class but have never tried. Im not sure Id even want to spend an entire week down there.

It looks like DC wants the +25, +35, + 45 and +50 classes to stay the same (with ex-pros). The +30 and +40 classes will change. If you had a pro license you can't run +30 and +40. So it will include A, B, and C riders. Just not ex-pros who had a pro license.

It looks like DC wants the +25, +35, + 45 and +50 classes to stay the same (with ex-pros). The +30 and +40 classes will change. If you had a pro license you can't run +30 and +40. So it will include A, B, and C riders. Just not ex-pros who had a pro license.
I'd be good with that. Not like I am looking to start winning championships. Just not get killed and/or last which both are still a possibility... ;)

Back