Where's Bubba? Is he done?

No taker here, I'm sure you are correct.

Not Bubba related, but regarding Suzuki --- they should be absolutely embarrassed as a company regarding the lack of racers in the 250f class. Suzuki RMZ250f racers have scored a total of 10 points for the entire outdoor MX season! That was after they scored a total of 16 points total including both coasts of 250 SX.

Suzuki should be ashamed of themselves for the lack of support they are giving to the 250 class races. What makes it even more ridiculous is that all mag tests, etc have said the RMZ250 is a very good bike!

Im with you on this... They use to have the biggest team, you could not swing a dead cat in the pro pits without hitting 3 factory box vans. Heck, no one rides one in the amateurs except in the Vet classes since those are the guys that actually PAY for the bikes.
You would think the "smart" guys in Japan would figure it out and rebuild their lineup starting with a new 65 and mini. Maybe this give them an excuse to breath new life back into the 2 smokers. Or maybe they are just going to completely merge with Kawasaki.

They don't even offer an 85 anymore. they are definitely not building their brand with young buyers. Heck, look at the Battle numbers by brand, the yellow bikes are the smallest numbers. Remember back in the early 90s, seemed like half of the 600 riders at Kenworthys were on F&S Suzukis.

Actually, they reintroduced an 85 for 2015. Hopefully that js a sign of things to come for Suzuki.

New for Suzuki in 2015 is the all new....eeee.... some new.....aaaah. ok nothing new, 1996 KX80, now with yellow plastic... hey that's new.............. Introducing the ALL NEW 2015 RM85

New for Suzuki in 2015 is the all new....eeee.... some new.....aaaah. ok nothing new, 1996 KX80, now with yellow plastic... hey that's new.............. Introducing the ALL NEW 2015 RM85

It's actually a lot closer to Suzuki's own 1989 RM80...

After owning both a new KX 85 and KTM SX 85, no comparison at all. The KTM is MUCH faster, and much easier to ride. My son pulls every other brand on straight aways, and the motor is bone stock.

KTM's are the ducati's of the off-road. Therefore, I would like to own one! Just sat on a 2013 ktm 250 sx at the malvern battle race.. Felt like a supermini for grown men!!!

I've always been a big fan of the zooks till until the early to mid 2000's stretch of grenades they were selling, even the newer models seem to have issues. My buddy's fuel injected rmz450 has been down all year pretty much, one thing after another, everytime he fixes something he takes it out and something else goes. And it's all major stuff, head, cases, fuel pump, computer, stator. It's non stop, he's put more money in the thing in this year then it is worth by far. Maybe he just got a bad bike or maybe everyone off the line that year or two is the same. I don't know because he's the only one I know that is still standing behind Suzuki, gotta appreciate his dedication to his brand. Who designed the 4strokes durring that kawi/Suzuki partnership back then?

I've got a 13 rmz450. Just put the first top end in at 120 hours. Other than that oil changes and filter. Nary an issue. Every brand of the top 5 has a lemon or 2. In general they are all.great bikes and really don't have major issues. Just imagine (or remember for some of us) what it was like riding bikes from 30 years ago!

I think much in the same way hot rod junkies like working on old muscle cars, when you open the hood you see an engine vs. new faster cars all you see are things that look like the Predators head. Old bikes are just easier to work on and understand. When you got a lemon, you could figure out the main problem and fit it. Now it is a process of very expensive elimination.
Johnny as for the Orange vs. green plastic thing. Proof is in the results. 6 85cc / Super Mini classes = All Kaw wins.
I would have never guessed this but Suzuki had 5 top tens in the six classes. Yamaha had only 4, Husky 2 and Honda 1. (Kaw had 23 and KTM 25)
So Suzuki is not the only one who has given up on mini bikes.

Just imagine (or remember for some of us) what it was like riding bikes from 30 years ago!

No need to remember, I've got several in the garage!
My Suzuki 450s have been bulletproof. But so were the KTM and Honda 450s that I owned. At this point, I'd own and ride/race any of them.

Why have the Jap manufacturers just completely dropped the ball with minis? KTM is completely taking over.

I agree pit. The mini market is huge. KTM owns the 50s, your now seeing more KTMs than Cobras these days. We were lucky enough to be on 50s when the first of the great KTM 50s came out in 2010 and 2011. 65 class is totally owned by KTM. The KX 65 suspension wise is HORRIBLE. And in the 85 class, I don't care what the numbers are at Lorettas.....The KTM 85 is a much better bike stock. All those titles at Lorettas are team Green/PC bikes.

I thought Cobra would have developed an 85 by now. The 65 was killer when it first come out and I don't think they have done much with it since. Yes the KTM are the bike to go with and how KTM has built their lineup starting with the 50 is the way to go. Get them young and most tend to stay with a brand.
One would think the market is there, why have big companies like Yam, Suz, and Honda just given up on it? I guess years of dominance by the green plastic killed everyone else. Except Orange.

The Yamaha is a 12 year old design probably. Not a horrible bike, but needs updated for sure. A racer on a budget though, can get killer deals on brand new YZ 85s. Perfect for someone looking to get a new bike at a low price.

Since this is no longer a Bubba thread and turned into a bike discussion what's everyone's take on Geico Honda spending all that cash in the 250 class with piss poor results? I assume Geico Honda is Factory Honda in 250's and Tomac being the sole 450. They have like 6 riders now and all of them with "also ran" results. If old man Soichiro Honda was still alive he would be pulling his hair out with the results they are putting up.

I agree. Just goes to show you, some of these up and coming kids are great at SX (Anderson is a perfect example), but when it comes to true outdoor motocross, they are near fast enough, and don't have it. Martin, Webb, and Baggett prove that point.

Back