After Battle Review

1395562295083.gif

Awesome job JO and crew I had a blast this weekend. I raced all three rounds and it is great to see Ohio mx back on the map. I may be what people call a pro practicer? but I don't like sitting around all day and not getting much seat time. But you know what, at events this great I really don't care. I left with a smile on my face and was so amped it was ridiculous. Did I like getting home at 10:30 at night from Malvern, no but I know Jason is already working on correcting that.
I know some people are disappointed the track did not have more ruts and I bet JO was too and I'm sure he will address it. I believe he stated in an earlier post he wanted ruts on the inside and loam outside. I do think it was way better and safer than last year. I just spoke with a friend and he made a great point that all three tracks had different conditions and that made each one challenging in their own way. And isn't that what you want in a series like this. Anyway I'm old and suck in the ruts, LOl. Last year I felt like I was riding around and just trying to survive (again I'm old) but this year I was able to charge UH except for the second +50 moto. Bill Leake and I almost both threw it away multiple times. Watering the track and then a quad race did not make for great conditions but that's racing.

I raced +40 & +50 and don't want to beat a dead horse but the women deserve their own class. But second to that I thought the best alternative was at Chilli Town !st moto one gate drop and let them sort themselves out. I think I ride at a pretty good pace but Kaylynn Kotlar blew by me at Chilli Town like I was standing still. That girl is bad A#$. I was talking to someone in staging and said remember a few years ago at the Cliff on a practice day there would be maybe two girls there and now look at this. I think it's awesome. More riders is a good thing, the sport is growing.

Pit riding is out of control and yes I brought a pitbike because I knew I would be parked way out. I ride in 1st gear and am respectful of others. I too was almost taken out. I was turning into my area and a kid with a girl on the back came flying by me on the inside and it almost got very ugly. No they were not wearing helmets. Their friend behind them looked back and said he was sorry because he new the kid made a bone head move. I grew up riding my xr75 at Honda Hills all freaking day, mostly in the woods but I know where their coming from but something needs to be done.

My only complaint is that the series is over. I know there are more Oma races left and no I probably won't hit any of them and for that I'm sorry.
I only race 4 or 5 times a year anymore and I like attending these big events and that's what you have created with this series. CONGRATULATIONS
Thanks again to Jo, Jason and Chilli Town.

Waiting patently for the results to be posted... You know I have to analyze the heck out of them...
I am deeply saddened that you did not make it this past weekend, I do however look forward to the stat guy sorting all this out. Homework for you... Take a peek at each race aftermath posts and give us a top 3 of positives and negatives.

Some where in all this muck, I forgot to say what an awesome weekend I had. I also had an awesome weekend at Malvern and next year I will not miss Chili. Thanks to all who make it a success. Finally got enough rest to start nursing all the black and blue marks that I got from being roosted and a minor wreck.
Racing was outstanding.

I have to say...I am disturbed. (my ex wife could elaborate lol) A group of normal every day individuals take the sad state of MX in Ohio and hold an event that blows all other area events out of the water. But what do I read here...? Mostly complaints from a minority. About 50% of this thread is complaints instead of thanking the promoter for a great job. And not just complaints...the issue has to beat and beat and beat to death until someone eventually shuts a thread off. WHAT THE HECK IN THE WORLD IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE? We have gone from having a seriously sad state of affairs in Ohio MX to having 3 events that overall KICK TAIL and take names. And being the GREAT people they are...they ask how they can improve. Did the AMA ever do this? lol Sure there will always be problems but overall these events were fantastic. Thank them, don't complain.

Maybe Chilitown, Malvern, and the Cliff should take a bow for turning around the state of MX in Ohio. Great Job guys! You guys deserve an award for all your efforts. Bravo

I agree, what a blast this series was. Racing may of the same guys (one in particular) hard every single moto at three distinctively different tracks. Racing memories not soon forgotten.

I'm also pretty impressed looking at the results how many people made all 3 rounds. This truely has become a must attend series..

I have to say...I am disturbed. (my ex wife could elaborate lol) A group of normal every day individuals take the sad state of MX in Ohio and hold an event that blows all other area events out of the water. But what do I read here...? Mostly complaints from a minority. About 50% of this thread is complaints instead of thanking the promoter for a great job. And not just complaints...the issue has to beat and beat and beat to death until someone eventually shuts a thread off. WHAT THE HECK IN THE WORLD IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE? We have gone from having a seriously sad state of affairs in Ohio MX to having 3 events that overall KICK TAIL and take names. And being the GREAT people they are...they ask how they can improve. Did the AMA ever do this? lol Sure there will always be problems but overall these events were fantastic. Thank them, don't complain.

Maybe Chilitown, Malvern, and the Cliff should take a bow for turning around the state of MX in Ohio. Great Job guys! You guys deserve an award for all your efforts. Bravo
Great Post. I was saying in staging for +40 you wait awesome event and the message boards will be lit up with crap about the womens and +40 debacle.

Well said. I'm an outsider looking in and from reading the posts in the Battle threads it sounds like there were murderous hoards of helmetless,wild eyed children roaming the grounds on pitbikes looking for people to run down, people running unmuffled, big block Ford powered generators everywhere and, worst of all, everyone and their brother gathering in staging just to hang out and smoke cigarettes. Feel free to flame away, but that's how it reads to me.

Anyway, how was the racing?

Congratulations to the tracks and promoters, volunteers and everybody else who busted their butts to put these events on. I'm going to try to make all of the Battle races next year, it sounds like a helluva great event that's just going to get better.

Kevin

Everyone shut up it's motocross get over it you're all going to disagree. No point in Arguing. Jeremy you're always going to have people complain you are a track owner, don't have to argue back with them. you should probably just let it go because you should be more professional than them. I think you all should just shut up and be happy that you get to ride a dirt bike again. Let it go and have fun with your family and friends nothing is over going to be perfect so just quit complaining just because you didn't get your way. We are all a family together stop trying to argue and bring other people down because the track was prepped inncorrectly or because classes were grouped together just get over it. Have fun on your dirtbike like you're supposed to. Never know when your last day could be

Back