After Battle Review

Well said jordendkester10

I have never seen an adult throw a temper tantrum like you. You are no spokesman for the 40+ riders let alone motocross. You looked out for no one but to start trouble.

Did you not see Kim Adams (the AMA REFEREE) act like a 10 year-old spoiled brat when I ask him a simple civil question?? I would certainly say that his actions would be described as a full scale Temper Tantrum!!!

I was not on that end of the line and did not hear what was said down there but I can certainly say that I did not hear anyone screaming or saying someone was going to get taken out and I personally cant see John saying anything like that!! The only yelling Tantrum I saw was the one from the AMA REFEREE Kim Adams. John is a family man with a son who races and a teen age daughter and I just cannot see him talking that way to a young lady, another adult male yes but not to a young lady.

For what it is worth the FIRST WORDS OUT OF MY MOUTH when I heard we were going to be staggered was that there are 16 girls they DESERVE their own gate!

If this race is truly a battle of Ohio race and supposed to be the event(s) to attend for racers shouldn't it differentiate itself from regular races by giving appropriate classes their own gate if the count is over a threshold? I know time is a factor and all but I've been to kids soccer games that take all day and it's during the regular season. Something to think about in planning and continuing to make this a standout "event"

All I can say is WOW! That was a mess down there. I think that the women deserve their own race. As a male, I was scared for my life and manhood once the call was made to pull the women back....and yes, I was standing behind Ms. Jordan...and my jaw dropped (she would make a sailor proud)...LOL! On a positive note, this brings the safety issue to the forefront and now it will be dealt with accordingly, I hope.

The largest problem in Ohio Motocross is us...the largest reason to keep pressing forward to Victory is us. Victory is a well-balanced Race Day for ALL to enjoy and compete fairly.

If Ohio Motocross is going to be successful beyond what it is now...we each have to take personal responsibility for Ohio Motocross (whatever our role may be.)

I've known John from the D11 days. He has a daughter the same age as most of the womens class. I'm 100% sure he was concerned for the safety of the girls. He had the courage to voice his opinion and started at 9am to def ears. It did get out of hand in staging/gate because in his opinion these girls were still in danger. He does run a good pace and doesn't cross lines or take people out. He's being singled out but there were many dads concerned.

I'm glad nobody got hurt during the moto. I'm also glad this site exists so we can discuss this and get it resolved peacefully for the next event and not keep it all bottled up inside.

You are wrong on this one Mr. Day. You may know him but on this given Sunday he was not the person you described. I was the one talking to Kim Adams at 9am when jon250 rudely and loudly interrupted us discussing the gate. Kim told him to wait his turn twice before jon loudly said "You can't put women in the same moto as 40 plus . They suck. There slow." those were his exact words that came out of his mouth. That's when Kim stepped between jon and I as I started to tell jon my daughter would beat his ass on any track any moto anytime, and Kim told jon to get out of here. Now that's something you can ask Kim yourself. There was no mention of safety. You are 100% wrong.

After seeing and hearing him insult the daughters and wives on the line. I feel sorry for his. Yes Mr Day Lotts24 already addressed jon's name calling in her post. It happened whether you heard it or believe it or not. We are not all liars. The finger is pointing at him for a reason.

Sir, you are incorrect. I did say many of the women are slower, and would be a danger to some 40+ riders. I NEVER said they suck.....NEVER. Kim, never stepped in between, I turned and walk away and said "whatever", because after seeing Kim in action with the Supermini class at Chilitown, I knew there was no talking to him.......He is always right, and its his way.

For the record, I never called anyone a bitch or a whore either. I dropped two f bombs that it was BS. That is what I am guilty of and apologize to those that were offended by that. From there, I never made any comments directed towards any of the women. No threats of take out, etc. Not sure where it came from, not me. I have been in motocross for over 30 years. It was purely a safety issue.....that Kim obviously decided to make the correct call on.

Whoever #55 is on the Yamaha....she was the only one that passed me, good for her being that fast.....My man hood is still in tack. I am comfortable with my abilities and speed.

The whole situation is way blown out of hand, and at this point about 1/4 fact.

Last edited:
Really fun weekend of racing! Oh well, on the 40+ drama. I think the 50 riders may act a little more grown up lol

OMA is an amazing organization. You guys listened to the D11 complaints and watched D12 dissolve and actually turned Ohio racing around. And it's only getting better!

Does not section 1.3 of the AMA rule book state that if there are 5 or more entries that establishes a class, and more than 12 they get their own gate? Maybe Kim should clarify the rule for us.
I interpret that to mean that a class gets in own gate drop meaning that class is the only class on the line. It doesn't say they get their own moto.

Like Connie said, she was told to change the stagger order from +40 first drop womens 2nd drop.....to womens first and +40 2nd drop.

MXFLY55-22 knows why that change was made. I was there on the concession trailer deck when he was below talking to Kim about it. His daughter could easily run top 5 in the +40 class. I dont know your reasons for wanting her in the first drop though. Him and Kim had a lengthy talk about it and he got Kim to change the drop order. That was the only mistake that made the difference for the day. Kim should have left the drop order the way it was end of story. There would have been no arguements on the gate and it would have been a nice safe normal staggered gate race like so many others that day. With us starting behind the womens class many of us would have been passing into them by the end of the first lap and they would have been in tighter groupings making it dangerous. At least with them dropping second we didnt catch as many and they werent grouped as tightly.

I didnt hear John250 say anything like was said about him so I have no comment on that because I wasnt near enough to him on the gate to hear what was said. I will say though that Kims attitude as a professional AMA ref was uncalled for not matter what riders are doing or saying. He is the ref, it is his job to stay calm and direct the event in a professional manner. His anger and comments were anything but professional.

On a side note MXFLY55-22's daughter passed me at the finish. I was that guy who stalled the my bike in the first turn and held up the 2nd gate drop 30 seconds! .... Sorry about that one! Lol

Like Connie said, she was told to change the stagger order from +40 first drop womens 2nd drop.....to womens first and +40 2nd drop.

MXFLY55-22 knows why that change was made. I was there on the concession trailer deck when he was below talking to Kim about it. His daughter could easily run top 5 in the +40 class. I dont know your reasons for wanting her in the first drop though. Him and Kim had a lengthy talk about it and he got Kim to change the drop order. That was the only mistake that made the difference for the day. Kim should have left the drop order the way it was end of story. There would have been no arguements on the gate and it would have been a nice safe normal staggered gate race like so many others that day. With us starting behind the womens class many of us would have been passing into them by the end of the first lap and they would have been in tighter groupings making it dangerous. At least with them dropping second we didnt catch as many and they werent grouped as tightly.

I didnt hear John250 say anything like was said about him so I have no comment on that because I wasnt near enough to him on the gate to hear what was said. I will say though that Kims attitude as a professional AMA ref was uncalled for not matter what riders are doing or saying. He is the ref, it is his job to stay calm and direct the event in a professional manner. His anger and comments were anything but professional.

On a side note MXFLY55-22's daughter passed me at the finish. I was that guy who stalled the my bike in the first turn and held up the 2nd gate drop 30 seconds! .... Sorry about that one! Lol

Yes it should have stayed the way I made it. Next time it will stay the way I make it.

Haha sorry about that!

Good to see a new member on here, its a shame that it took this drama to get you aboard.....sailor mouth and all!

Seriously, stick around and give us input, stories and complaints about your racing! We love to hear it all even though it doesnt always seem like it. Plus Kelly Lotts needs more support in her corner on here! Lol

Good to hear from you Jordan, thanks.

And also MXFLY55-22, Good to see you post again. Long time member but quiet usually. There is always drama in MX it seems. Its part of the sport. This incident seems to be particularly venomous in some respects. Sorry also that it took this to being you back on the board. The best thing that will come of this is a learning experience for everyone. Luckly for us many track owners frequent this site. I know all of the OMA ones do. So out of every bad incident something is heard and learned and hopefully better for us all and for Ohio MX. This years battle series is proof of that.

Maybe we can just end the +40/Womens drama here, I think nothing more can be said or gained from this point on. Lets just all be glad that the numbers are up in ALL the classes and these are just growing pains. It will all shake out as long as we as a group of adrenaline seeking racers keep striving for better, for more !

No problem...it got worse as I headed towards the exit...
Good to see a new member on here, its a shame that it took this drama to get you aboard.....sailor mouth and all!

Seriously, stick around and give us input, stories and complaints about your racing! We love to hear it all even though it doesnt always seem like it. Plus Kelly Lotts needs more support in her corner on here! Lol

Good to hear from you Jordan, thanks.

And also MXFLY55-22, Good to see you post again. Long time member but quiet usually. There is always drama in MX it seems. Its part of the sport. This incident seems to be particularly venomous in some respects. Sorry also that it took this to being you back on the board. The best thing that will come of this is a learning experience for everyone. Luckly for us many track owners frequent this site. I know all of the OMA ones do. So out of every bad incident something is heard and learned and hopefully better for us all and for Ohio MX. This years battle series is proof of that.

Maybe we can just end the +40/Womens drama here, I think nothing more can be said or gained from this point on. Lets just all be glad that the numbers are up in ALL the classes and these are just growing pains. It will all shake out as long as we as a group of adrenaline seeking racers keep striving for better, for more !
Well said. Thanks for the welcome :) I should change my user name to SailorMouth10 lol

MXFLY55-22 knows why that change was made. I was there on the concession trailer deck when he was below talking to Kim about it. His daughter could easily run top 5 in the +40 class. I dont know your reasons for wanting her in the first drop though. Him and Kim had a lengthy talk about it and he got Kim to change the drop order. That was the only mistake that made the difference for the day. Kim should have left the drop order the way it was end of story. There would have been no arguements on the gate and it would have been a nice safe normal staggered gate race like so many others that day.

Hershey do you even read the previous posts? I made it clear I talked to Kim at 9am. I made it clear what he told me. You will have to go back and read my post that involved Connie, I will not repeat myself. To say that I got Kim Adams to change the gate drop is an ignorant statement. You give me to much credit.
I believe he changed it because jon pissed him off. I left with the same answer as everyone else that tried to get separate motos. If you call 3 minutes or less a lengthy discussion, well I guess that's a matter of opinion.

One thing we all agree on is Kim Adam did a horrible job. Why I prefer 1st gate is simple. I trust the top ten to twelve riders to pass through the slower women with no fight. Like Mr. Day said they hold there line well and have no interest in fighting with anyone out of there class. On the other hand, if the women get the second gate and have to move through the slow plus 40 riders the fast women have a serious fight on there hand to get around them. They don't care if your in there class or not and some just don't want to be beat by a woman which I think is dangerous. Don't get me wrong I do see both sides. I just think mine out ways yours. My opinion.

If the reason for the +40 to get first gate drop was because of the crf150 being a small bike racing with big bikes then why is it ok to be in the same moto period. Your top 8 or so lapped though them so they are still exposed to the big bikes. For that matter why are they allowed in the women's class with big bikes. So it can't be about safety. With the plus 50 only having eleven riders and no problem with them on the first gate at Chillitown and Malvern I don't understand why it wasn't kept the same for BC. Of course it was Kim that told me there were no complaints at Malvern so maybe there were. That's a question for Connie.

With the plus 50 only having eleven riders and no problem with them on the first gate at Chillitown and Malvern I don't understand why it wasn't kept the same for BC. Of course it was Kim that told me there were no complaints at Malvern so maybe there were. That's a question for Connie.

I fielded a couple complaints at the Vern, and honestly we had run the women's class with 40+ in the past at BC, I really didn't see this issue coming. I though it would be good to switch it up, have some different people racing different people. However, the message has been received loud and clear. We are working on a better racing structure for next year as I type.

Hershey do you even read the previous posts? I made it clear I talked to Kim at 9am. I made it clear what he told me. You will have to go back and read my post that involved Connie, I will not repeat myself. To say that I got Kim Adams to change the gate drop is an ignorant statement. You give me to much credit.
I believe he changed it because jon pissed him off. I left with the same answer as everyone else that tried to get separate motos. If you call 3 minutes or less a lengthy discussion, well I guess that's a matter of opinion.

One thing we all agree on is Kim Adam did a horrible job. Why I prefer 1st gate is simple. I trust the top ten to twelve riders to pass through the slower women with no fight. Like Mr. Day said they hold there line well and have no interest in fighting with anyone out of there class. On the other hand, if the women get the second gate and have to move through the slow plus 40 riders the fast women have a serious fight on there hand to get around them. They don't care if your in there class or not and some just don't want to be beat by a woman which I think is dangerous. Don't get me wrong I do see both sides. I just think mine out ways yours. My opinion.

If the reason for the +40 to get first gate drop was because of the crf150 being a small bike racing with big bikes then why is it ok to be in the same moto period. Your top 8 or so lapped though them so they are still exposed to the big bikes. For that matter why are they allowed in the women's class with big bikes. So it can't be about safety. With the plus 50 only having eleven riders and no problem with them on the first gate at Chillitown and Malvern I don't understand why it wasn't kept the same for BC. Of course it was Kim that told me there were no complaints at Malvern so maybe there were. That's a question for Connie.

I wont argue about what I heard you say and the outcome of why Kim changed the order....

Like I said this topic can really only go down hill from here. You and a the others that made a scene about the issue have your beliefs and are sticking with them and thats fine. The rest of us really couldnt care any less about it. The issue has been heard and discussed, as noted above changes are being made to avoid the situation again. We can all be happy that we have this forum to vent concerns and know they will be heard.

Back