After Battle Review

nitrofish

PR Addict
That's it that is all you have to say after the big stink you made yesterday. I really don't appreciate the name calling and the threats to take us all of out. I don't feel these two classes should of been on the track together period but all the complaining coming from one of the slowest guys in the class is just crazy. I spoke with the guy who won the first moto of plus 40. Very respectful and was concerned of the safety of us and himself and he came upon a group of us. He even realized that we were in a battle as was he and he didn't want to hurt anyone or himself. Thanks to the plus 40 guys who understand we are racing just like them and didn't create all the drama that went on. These were the same guys that I heard a rumor were not going to leave on the second gate so we didn't have to get mixed in with each other. Goes to show these are the plus 40 guys that are dads and husbands that respect the ladies in their lives. As for the slow comment,how many of them girls caught you off the of the second gate John and passed you. I can assure you if we went first you would of only had to worry about making your way around 3 or 4 of the girls.
After watching Mr. 250 ride I think he may be better off on a quad. IMO.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
AND just FYI, I didn't make the call on the sign up dealio. My referee made a decision that sign up was closed, I had a lot going on, and I didn't have time to undermine the authority of the sign up crew nor the referee. Moving forward we will discuss how far can we wait? Is it a set time, or is it the first drop? Maybe this where pre-registration comes in, and if you sign up and pay, but you are not there, then oh well - DNS. Just thinking how we can better from this situation.

John250

PR Founding Father
Kelly, that is all I was going to say to keep the high road. But since your dragging me into it about being the slowest rider on the track, let me please set the record straight.

After moto one, Mosher asked me if I had said derogatory things about the women. I did not, and Jeff Pape, the class winner confirmed with Mosher that I was right next to him, and had NOT said what Mosher asked if I said. What I did do, was drop an F bomb when I shouldn't have, and said it was F-ing BS, that they were going to get someone hurt. I asked if Jeff or Chris, or some of the other super fast 40+ riders would be comfortable for their safety and the safety of the other women with them going first. It was a NO. I then had two Women rider fathers mouthing at me, and one tell me he would kick my ass, and I told him to get his fat ass back to his daughter.

Mike Blair then tried to explain to Kim Adams (referee) on the gate that is was against the rules, to be told by Kim, that he knew the rules, etc. etc........Like Blair was an idiot. That is when I and many others on the gate (Hershey, etc.) said it is a safety issue, period.

Kim Adams finally made the correct decision and moved 40+ to the first gate. I had ONE female pass me, and could care less! The point is, I am at the rear of the 40+ pack, and still jumping everything on the track, and that can not be said for the womens class. There are three or four that are fine, and some would be at risk of getting jumped on, period.

To give you a little more back ground on the situation. I tried to fix a SAFETY issue at 9:00am. There were 26 40+ and 15 women going to stagger. While 11 50+ riders rode off in their OWN gate in moto 3. I suggested to Connie to move the 15 girls to the 50+ moto. That the first half of the 40+ moto was super fast, and we had issues (including me passing lappers at Chilitown). I was told no. Too close to motos and could not make an announcement changing their moto.

I then spoke to Kim Adams, and with his normal attitude, he was correct and nothing was going to be changed. At the same time I was talking to him, a womens father was talking to him about the women going first. I guess he has more pull with Kim Adams.

At the end of the day, I suppose me, and the other 40+ riders that spoke up were correct. Because they finally gave you your own moto for moto 2, which is what should have happened in the first place, or ran your with 11 50+ riders.

Last edited:

Vet261

PR Addict
Maybe this where pre-registration comes in,

AMA uses XTRM for online signup for the AMA Vintage Nationals. I think it's monthly fee for the service.

https://www.xtrm.com/web/XTRMExternal/Promoter/XTRMPromoters.aspx

It's a little bit confusing to use the first time, but now that I've used it for several years it's a breeze (actually it looks like they've updated the system and it has a new look now). When I show up at an AMA Vintage National I just walk in and give them my name and they check me off a list and give me my practice stickers.

John250

PR Founding Father
After watching Mr. 250 ride I think he may be better off on a quad. IMO.

Seriously, your funny dude. Are you lined up on the 40+ gate? I am totally ok with my riding ability. The 40+ class at the battle races is moving pretty good.

Team MMR

PR Addict
AND just FYI, I didn't make the call on the sign up dealio. My referee made a decision that sign up was closed, I had a lot going on, and I didn't have time to undermine the authority of the sign up crew nor the referee. Moving forward we will discuss how far can we wait? Is it a set time, or is it the first drop? Maybe this where pre-registration comes in, and if you sign up and pay, but you are not there, then oh well - DNS. Just thinking how we can better from this situation.

i agree, but then what if something happens to the rider in practice the day before, or comes up and they cant make it. then you got a fight there, im not trying to argue with you JO. Just saying, there was a post saying sign up closed at 8:30 stick to it. Same with rules, no pit bike riding means no pit bike riding, that goes to EVERYONE!

First, I'd like to say that it was crap that 16 women and 26 +40 riders didn't get their own moto, yet 11 +50 riders (and other classes) got their own. I am by no means dissing +50 riders, but that was unfair. Second, I went to sign up right after I got the running order and made a comment to the AMA ref about how I didn't think it was a good idea to put all of us in the same moto, he said "instead of changing the entire order after we already sold a bunch, we're just going to let the women go first." I didn't bother arguing because clearly he cared more about not having to adjust the running order. Third, when I got to staging and the women started getting called to the line I heard John in the back yelling at Jarrett about us giving us first gate drop. Not only yelling at him, but threatening to take out the women riders, calling us slow, calling us bitches, ect. Your wife must be proud, John. You really know how to respect a lady. How was that 20th place finish by the way? I COMPLETELY understood the +40 riders side, some of them are ex pro's and fast as hell, they don't need other riders getting in the way or need to fear landing on someone their whole moto. I felt bad for the guys who were nice and respectful to us girls, and actually cared about our safety and theirs, not just about looking big & bad and complaining simply because GIRLS were going first. Fourth, I don't think I've ever thrown as many F bombs as I did when we were forced off of the line to let the men go. Why weren't we just given our own moto? So much of that would have been prevented had we just gotten our own moto. Fifth, in what world is it safe to have 85's, 150's, 125's, 250's and 450's in the same moto, racing? It's not. Which was proven when a girl was T-boned by a +40 riders (who apologized, but still.) Our classes should have never been put together in the first place, I understand it was a mistake but more than 1 of us went to sign up to comment on it and nothing was done. Just seems to me that no matter how big the womens class is, they always avoid giving us our own moto. Just my thoughts.

FYI I just made my account today (Monday) at around 3:00 and it says it needs to be approved, so i'm not sure when this post will be viewable.

Last edited:

John250

PR Founding Father
I seriously thought there was a fight on the line though.

yeah for sure.....Kim Adams, your Referee, looked like he was about to blow a gasket and punch Mike in the helmet when he grabbed his rule book and told Mike he knew the rule book!!

mblair

PR Founding Father
"Go lay down Sissy Pants"??...HAHA, I will take that if you saw me ride over the weekend I cant argue that fact. As for a fight on the line. NO I am an adult which is MUCH more than I can say for your AMA referee! :)

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
In the end, I think we learned saving 16-20 minutes on the day is not worth the situation that we had happen. We will just have to move practice back to 7:30........

Kelly, that is all I was going to say to keep the high road. But since your dragging me into it about being the slowest rider on the track, let me please set the record straight.

After moto one, Mosher asked me if I had said derogatory things about the women. I did not, and Jeff Pape, the class winner confirmed with Mosher that I was right next to him, and had NOT said what Mosher asked if I said. What I did do, was drop an F bomb when I shouldn't have, and said it was F-ing BS, that they were going to get someone hurt. I asked if Jeff or Chris, or some of the other super fast 40+ riders would be comfortable for their safety and the safety of the other women with them going first. It was a NO. I then had two Women rider fathers mouthing at me, and one tell me he would kick my ass, and I told him to get his fat ass back to his daughter.

Mike Blair then tried to explain to Kim Adams (referee) on the gate that is was against the rules, to be told by Kim, that he knew the rules, etc. etc........Like Blair was an idiot. That is when I and many others on the gate (Hershey, etc.) said it is a safety issue, period.

Kim Adams finally made the correct decision and moved 40+ to the first gate. I had ONE female pass me, and could care less! The point is, I am at the rear of the 40+ pack, and still jumping everything on the track, and that can not be said for the womens class. There are three or four that are fine, and some would be at risk of getting jumped on, period.

To give you a little more back ground on the situation. I tried to fix a SAFETY issue at 9:00am. There were 26 40+ and 15 women going to stagger. While 11 50+ riders rode off in their OWN gate in moto 3. I suggested to Connie to move the 15 girls to the 50+ moto. That the first half of the 40+ moto was super fast, and we had issues (including me passing lappers at Chilitown). I was told no. Too close to motos and could not make an announcement changing their moto.

I then spoke to Kim Adams, and with his normal attitude, he was correct and nothing was going to be changed. At the same time I was talking to him, a womens father was talking to him about the women going first. I guess he has more pull with Kim Adams.

At the end of the day, I suppose me, and the other 40+ riders that spoke up were correct. Because they finally gave you your own moto for moto 2, which is what should have happened in the first place, or ran your with 11 50+ riders.

Spoken like a true politician

MXFLY55-22

PR Member
I would like to think that jon250 is ashamed and embarrassed by his comments and actions Sunday. But I doubt it. After learning he was a city council member it troubled me even more. Enough people heard jon250’s comments and threats to any girl that came near him on the track that it doesn’t matter to me who didn’t here him. You jon250 are a hazard on the track. You zigzag the track or were you trying to make good on your threat. Seriously, you would be at the back of the pack in the women’s class. I wasted enough time on jon250. Thank you to the 14 or more + 40 guys that came to my daughters and other women riders and apologized for the actions of jon250 and the few others.

Kim Adams told me he went to Connie about the plus 40 and Women gate and was told she would not change it. Only Connie can say if he did or not but my question is, why is the women’s class treated like a burden. 16 riders and they can’t get their own gate. I understand if there are only 8 or less women but on a big race like a state championship race that 16 show up at BC and 17 at Malvern you still can’t see the reason for their own gate. The women’s class has a broad range of skill level and yes a 85cc bike can run in the class. All the more reason to give them their own gate. I don’t need to hear that it’s about the time. Don’t take this as an attack at you Connie, I think your job is a tough one but it’s time that this is addressed.