After Battle Review

i just didnt wanna start it off, only thing i wanna say is, WE ALL complain about the quad turnouts, but to turn away a few guys who were late to sign up, bc of waiting in line! is just plain rideculous, especially since they are at pretty much every OMA race, like i said pretty much! Dont get me wrong they shouldve been up earlier and there, but sh!t happens, they drove 2 hours to race, have the same green cash as everyone else, and they were denied, but the gentleman 2 people in front of them got to sign up just because he is a well known pro.

Let's clear it up:

1. What line? I came in at 5:30AM - no line at the gate and surely not a line at 6am when I opened signup.
2. 216 other entries made it through BC signup on Saturday before sign up was closed by the REFEREE - some from 4 or 6 hours away. For example, I had 3 guys tell me they just finished afternoon shift, jumped in their vehicles, had their rider/wife/monkey get driving to BC because SIGN UP OPENED AT 6AM and it was The BATTLE.. they weren't going to be late!
3. Sh!t Happens - YES, 614 riders who expected to start racing with my girls in the tower, ref on the track and all materials printed.. That is the Sh!t that happened. I don't care if you are riding a quad, bike or donkey; we were racing, sign up was closed.
4. I was at signup - If they had walked in when he walked in, they would have been signed up. We didn't post anything until the REFEREE closed signup - You know how I know that? The local pro was on the gate sheet that was posted for all 614 riders to view BEFORE those couple of riders were in the building.
5. It wasn't JO decision. He hired an AMA Referee and he made the decision to start racing.
6. Don't get me wrong, We appreciate the support that all riders give the OMA but it was time to race.

I love both Briar Cliff and Malvern's layouts. Both are fast tracks and I like that. Chilitown, in my opinion is a great facility, and the layout of the track this year is much better than in years past for sure. But the Whoop section needs to go. It is outdoor motocross, not SX. Change the whoops to a roller section like you used to have on the other straight or something, and it would be better. They are a little more restricted because of land on the layout.

In a perfect world, there would be a battle round in SW Ohio also. But unless Knox and I open up that track, I don't see that happening.
Didn't you mention something before about an old golf coarse with a bar to buy and start a track or was that someone else?

Let's clear it up:

1. What line? I came in at 5:30AM - no line at the gate and surely not a line at 6am when I opened signup.
2. 216 other entries made it through BC signup on Saturday before sign up was closed by the REFEREE - some from 4 or 6 hours away. For example, I had 3 guys tell me they just finished afternoon shift, jumped in their vehicles, had their rider/wife/monkey get driving to BC because SIGN UP OPENED AT 6AM and it was The BATTLE.. they weren't going to be late!
3. Sh!t Happens - YES, 614 riders who expected to start racing with my girls in the tower, ref on the track and all materials printed.. That is the Sh!t that happened. I don't care if you are riding a quad, bike or donkey; we were racing, sign up was closed.
4. I was at signup - If they had walked in when he walked in, they would have been signed up. We didn't post anything until the REFEREE closed signup - You know how I know that? The local pro was on the gate sheet that was posted for all 614 riders to view BEFORE those couple of riders were in the building.
5. It wasn't JO decision. He hired an AMA Referee and he made the decision to start racing.
6. Don't get me wrong, We appreciate the support that all riders give the OMA but it was time to race.

Can the donkey have one ear?

Let's clear it up:

Well said Connie. It sucks for those that had issues but at some point there has to be a cutoff. If not people would abuse the system just like the people running 4 practice sessions on Sunday at Malvern.

My son & I had a great time this weekend at the Cliff.Great memories. A bit of excitement at the gate 40 plus class & women class Lol

so they had issues on way down, get there, by time they make it in the gate from waiting in line, park, get up to sign up and wait behind some people who were asking questions. EVEN BEHIND SOMEONE WHO GOT TO SIGN UP, they get told they can not sign up. I get that sign up was closed so you could get the "show" on the road. But ive been at tracks before and they will let someone sign up anytime before the 1st moto starts, does it cause confusion and some communication between, yes. no need to get all worked up and have a attitude with someone. we are all entitled to speak our opinions are we not? Im not the one cares, im just simply saying, OMA complains about the quad turnout then when they show up they tell them sorry, you cant race because your a few minutes late. I think the OMA is going in the right direction just needs to keep true to the rule book and announcements that are made.

details on the "excitement at the gate 40 plus class and women class" please!

It was a double gate. They were going to drop women in front of the 40+. Some 40+ riders felt this was dangerous and a safety issue that needed to be corrected. The Referee finally decided to correct the situation, and drop 40 plus first.

I did enjoy the sawdust berms, fun to blast! Like I said, my only complaint was the track. No ruts make for no sepparation. Bad starts got me this weekend, and no matter how wide the track was, if me and someone entered a corner at 40 mph, there was no passing.

I think OMA needs to ban pitbikes honestly. Golf carts aren't bad, but all these kids ripping through the pits can get dangerous. If you're too lazy to walk from your trailer to the sign up building, you shouldn't be racing a dirt bike.

The whole staff did a great job this weekend tho, very smooth event!

Oh and details on the drama! Haha i guess the women were lined up ready to take off and they pulled them off the line to run the vet guys. Heard a lot of vet riders saying bad things about the girls, name calling, etc...

so they had issues on way down, get there, by time they make it in the gate from waiting in line, park, get up to sign up and wait behind some people who were asking questions. EVEN BEHIND SOMEONE WHO GOT TO SIGN UP, they get told they can not sign up. I get that sign up was closed so you could get the "show" on the road. But ive been at tracks before and they will let someone sign up anytime before the 1st moto starts, does it cause confusion and some communication between, yes. no need to get all worked up and have a attitude with someone. we are all entitled to speak our opinions are we not? Im not the one cares, im just simply saying, OMA complains about the quad turnout then when they show up they tell them sorry, you cant race because your a few minutes late. I think the OMA is going in the right direction just needs to keep true to the rule book and announcements that are made.

Jordan - I see both sides, its an extremely unfortunate situation. However bottom line, I got up at 4am on 5 hours sleep, sat on a dozer at 5am. Did I need too? No. However, if something went wrong, I would hopefully have enough time to get things done. I understand the riders frustrations, I'm sorry they had a rough day, but on the flip side, its not fair to other 300+ riders that either camped or went the extra mile to be here early. We had roughly 90 quads, it would have been cool to get over 100, but it sounds like luck wasn't on our side. I guess my questions is why not camp at the track? It would not have cost any more money at the gate. Again not pointing fingers, not trying to piss people off here.

Moto 24 was women Class 16 riders leaving the first gate drop then 40 plus 26 riders leaving 2nd gate drop.I counted 2 women on 85's & I 150. 40 plus does have a couple of Pro riders in the class so they suggested to have 40 plus separate moto or 1st gate drop.AMA ref came to the gate with Jeremy & 40 plus did go first gate drop.The guys were worried about safety not landing on anyone.The AMA Ref did tell the women if they had the chance to pass a 40 plus rider to do it.Which is fine. Lol

Jordan - I see both sides, its an extremely unfortunate situation. However bottom line, I got up at 4am on 5 hours sleep, sat on a dozer at 5am. Did I need too? No. However, if something went wrong, I would hopefully have enough time to get things done. I understand the riders frustrations, I'm sorry they had a rough day, but on the flip side, its not fair to other 300+ riders that either camped or went the extra mile to be here early. We had roughly 90 quads, it would have been cool to get over 100, but it sounds like luck wasn't on our side. I guess my questions is why not camp at the track? It would not have cost any more money at the gate. Again not pointing fingers, not trying to piss people off here.

i agree JO why not camp... but maybe they had other things going on that made it so they couldnt, and not everyone has a camper, toyhauler, or can afford a hotel on top of racing. Not everyone can have the luxury to camp at every track every weekend. Im not tryin to start trouble, just express my opinion. Like i said before u handled sunday very well. Every thing seemed to go smooth and seemes like it was a successful weekend so congrats again JO!

It was a double gate. They were going to drop women in front of the 40+. Some 40+ riders felt this was dangerous and a safety issue that needed to be corrected. The Referee finally decided to correct the situation, and drop 40 plus first.

That's it that is all you have to say after the big stink you made yesterday. I really don't appreciate the name calling and the threats to take us all of out. I don't feel these two classes should of been on the track together period but all the complaining coming from one of the slowest guys in the class is just crazy. I spoke with the guy who won the first moto of plus 40. Very respectful and was concerned of the safety of us and himself and he came upon a group of us. He even realized that we were in a battle as was he and he didn't want to hurt anyone or himself. Thanks to the plus 40 guys who understand we are racing just like them and didn't create all the drama that went on. These were the same guys that I heard a rumor were not going to leave on the second gate so we didn't have to get mixed in with each other. Goes to show these are the plus 40 guys that are dads and husbands that respect the ladies in their lives. As for the slow comment,how many of them girls caught you off the of the second gate John and passed you. I can assure you if we went first you would of only had to worry about making your way around 3 or 4 of the girls.

In a perfect world, there would be a battle round in SW Ohio also. But unless Knox and I open up that track, I don't see that happening.[/QUOTE]
Im working on it.

I missed the race and Im kicking myself big time. Wife had to work so I sat at home watching the kids and waited for the live streaming but could not get it to load... :rolleyes:
Even though I was only able to make one round this year, it is awesome to see the return of moto in the state. Hopefully the series will continue to grow.

Some people have to work on Saturday. Not making excuses but they had an issue on the way down. I think vehicle trouble and missed it by 2 minutes.

Back