OMA Banquet Hall Challenge!

Dont forget, must be able to post advertisements/sponsors on bathroom walls!
And toilet seats. (Pronounced: terlit)

Try portraying the OMA to be some type of hillbilly motorized dirt riding group. Otherwise the venues might try to charge you the premium fee.

Example: hi I'd like to book the hall for a party.
Hall: $800.

Other example:
Hi I'd like to book the hall for my wedding
Hall: AHA WEDDINg?!? $4500. Plus surcharge after surcharge.

Can't let these people know we spend $8000+ on race bikes and drag around toy haulers. They'll want more money. Tell em we play the bango and drink Busch light.

Mite I suggest the promoters get together and rent an Arena for one of dim dare Arena races. Hold a race Saturday and then have a banquet the next day. BAM. its a money maker and gives another reason to attend. That's called two birds with one arena.
Where ever and when ever it is, make sure we invite sponsors. They can display their wares and get to hear each champ thank them.

Deer creek lodge has indoor pool bar restaurant banquet rooms and indoor plumbing
Did you look it up? It only seats up to 450 people!!!! We had almost double that last year.

Seriously, I can google search. o_O The whole point of putting up the 'criteria' is for you guys to look into the places, and if it meets all that we need, then post it, and we'll look into it further. That's the challenge! Please don't just say: Billy Bob's Crab Shack has banquets! If you look it up, most of the places tell you about their facility.
There has to be a place that someone has been to that they think would be a good place for the banquet. Come on guys, think!!!

Note: the better price we get on the hall, the more swag we can get to give away!!!!! ;)

Last year the biggest problem we found wasn't getting it soon enough, it was getting it large enough for a decent rate.

My sister runs a very large catering business in Columbus and is working on a location for me. Deadline?

None really. We were just trying to get somewhere secured. So, if you can find a place, let us know! We're still looking too! Thanks!

Keep searching everyone.. There is someone out there, that knows someone, that knows of a great place! We could have easily just said "HERE", paid $2000 for the room and $1.00 per chair and gave you less swag.. but that is not us... We want you to help us find the greatest facility because all of you deserve it! I have learned one thing from working with JO and Jason - "Think Out of the BOX"...

Kurt, that is exactly where I was thinking. I have worked trade shows there, and they can make the rooms as big as you need them. Parking...probably not free. Catering......probably have to use the expo center. But it is central and plenty big enough. Probably not too cheap.

Their are quite a few places around central ohio with 1000+ capacity. None list the prices though, doubt if there is a set price.

Clark County Fairgrounds in Springfield has a banquet center called the Champions Center... Duh, perfect. It only holds 900. I am working on a price.

Forget this place. I have called 5 people and still can not get a price. (It run by the snobby horse people so no big surprise)
I am waiting for more info about two other locations that would be a good fit.

Back