Giant helicopter over my head.

There were a few guys in 25+ jumping it, And I think the B classes. Cant remember... you know, the age thing.
BIg jumps.. Well the stupid fast big double that Kenworthy had was always kinda sketchy. Steep face and ruts made it interesting. The uphill triple that Budds Creek had was pretty darn big (Just so happens to be where I broke bones in my back, leg sockets and pelvis in 4 places). Of course Red Bud had the leap but it also had a couple other bigger doubles that would break you in half if you came up short. The hardest landing was not a double at all. It was jumping out of the pit at Gatorback when it was super step and had a sharp lip on it. One of my years at the Mini O's, Bradshaw was jumping over 100 feet to flat ground... on an 80.
None of those took talent. It was just WFO and hold on. All you had to do was steer clear of anyone else so they did not cut you off on the face (Yes, that happened to me) or make sure you did not get landed on.
Josh Steel had a 130 footer in his practice track with a 180 corner less then 30 feet after the landing... That took talent... Hence the reason I only jumped it once.

And it was the Goodrich blimp at the time. That was later renamed Hindenburg

nypost.com/2013/09/05/man-decapitated-by-remote-controlled-toy-helicopter/

Scary. I agree the the drones are cool and safe, but the helicopter???

On a side note, I was watching a deer hunting show and they had footage from a drone moving down towards the truck and hanging deer. You could see the drone shadow. The views are new and really cool!

A drone is something flown automatically on a set flight plan that requires no input from a human.

A heli, quad, hexa, etc copter are what is being used a lot lately for aerial filming

A drone is something flown automatically on a set flight plan that requires no input from a human.

A heli, quad, hexa, etc copter are what is being used a lot lately for aerial filming

Not so, drones for military use can be controlled by humans. I have a friend in the military that applied for a position doing that. He said it was basically a video game in every sense. You flew the drone in and shot targets.

chunky soup...all those jumps take talent...wtf are you talking about?. maybe that's why you got hurt trying it.. you lacked the talent to know how to react when you come up short or over shoot. the talent comes into play when you get kicked wrong or something else goes wrong and you know what to do to basically not crash and or hurt yourself. also the big jump you speak of a Kenwothrys would called the widow maker.

Just my perceptions, but older jumps were just hit them hard and you get over. Today's jumps take more body position, throttle chop or blip, maybe the fourstroke engines???? I'm not trying to come off as some racer expert, Knox has obviously made it further in his racing career than I. But I have ridden both two stroke and fourstroke bikes at a Amateur pokeymon level. Just my thoughts.

Old dudes almost always think it was hard back in the day. Current riders almost always think it is much harder now. The jumps that I mentioned had nearly zero consequence to over jumping. You just had to hit it hard (And still that is all you have to do today). A jump that takes talent is something that you need to downside or just clip the top to scrub speed. Something like that takes bike, throttle and body control which IS a talent.
So did Robbie Knievel have more "talent" then his dad? He jumped further...
And oh yes, how could I forget the Widow Maker... Kenworthless had to name EVERYTHING... I guess "Stupid one lane jump that is impossible to pass anyone on unless they don't jump it" would not fit on the sign.
As far as my talent level resulting in my injury... Not sure how my talent could prevent someone from changing lines on the face of the jump but OK, I have never blamed anyone but myself.

But I did beat Jeff Ward, Jeff Stanton, JMB, Jeff Emig and several other once. They crashed, I did not... I am obviously more talented then all of them.

Wait, I kicked McGraths butt in the balance bike contest at Lorretta's one year and won the bike... Why do they call him the King? I have more talent.

Not so, drones for military use can be controlled by humans. I have a friend in the military that applied for a position doing that. He said it was basically a video game in every sense. You flew the drone in and shot targets.
My definition refers to the R/C neckbeard eternal virgin world. Not so much military world. Unless the guy was flying one of those around the track shooting at people.. thatd be interesting.

But I did beat Jeff Ward, Jeff Stanton, JMB, Jeff Emig and several other once. They crashed, I did not... I am obviously more talented then all of them.

Wait, I kicked McGraths butt in the balance bike contest at Lorretta's one year and won the bike... Why do they call him the King? I have more talent.

Yeah, but you haven't holeshotted Mike Alessi back in the day before laser gate. Georgie has.

Hey I was on the gate right next to Nick Wey at action sports way back in the day in 250B. If I remember right, he won that day.

My son, 10 years in the Army, just became a Trainer for UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Operators in the military - HE LOVES IT!

Broke my
There were a few guys in 25+ jumping it, And I think the B classes. Cant remember... you know, the age thing.
BIg jumps.. Well the stupid fast big double that Kenworthy had was always kinda sketchy. Steep face and ruts made it interesting. The uphill triple that Budds Creek had was pretty darn big (Just so happens to be where I broke bones in my back, leg sockets and pelvis in 4 places). Of course Red Bud had the leap but it also had a couple other bigger doubles that would break you in half if you came up short. The hardest landing was not a double at all. It was jumping out of the pit at Gatorback when it was super step and had a sharp lip on it. One of my years at the Mini O's, Bradshaw was jumping over 100 feet to flat ground... on an 80.
None of those took talent. It was just WFO and hold on. All you had to do was steer clear of anyone else so they did not cut you off on the face (Yes, that happened to me) or make sure you did not get landed on.
Josh Steel had a 130 footer in his practice track with a 180 corner less then 30 feet after the landing... That took talent... Hence the reason I only jumped it once.

And it was the Goodrich blimp at the time. That was later renamed Hindenburg
broke my frame jumping out of the gator pit on my Ktm 65. Ktm support truck swapped out my frame. For free. Ahh the good ole days of trackside Amatuer support.

Grenaded my Yamaha 105 motor a few years later and Yamaha tent rebuilt the entire motor. For free.

I think now a days they just take your credit card.

I'm quite intrigued with the copter footage. i kinda want one now!! Those have GOT to be the COOLEST vids I've ever seen! Whoever put them together really should be in biz. I've seen some remote helicopters, but not as big as the one described. It can't be any more dangerous than say.... getting married? Both will slice you apart! Hahaha!

BTW-- Did I miss some kind of pit bike race? Where's that Vienna track at? ---L*64

Back