Giant helicopter over my head.

Tom, I agree. Jumping that table to table in that head wind was crazy. I have not rode in wind that bad in a while where it blew you around in air.

Tom, I agree. Jumping that table to table in that head wind was crazy. I have not rode in wind that bad in a while where it blew you around in air.
It is basically an Evil Knievel jump that takes no talent, just the balls to pin it and go for it. Hope no one gets jumped on.

Agree. It was a leap though. Many jumps are like that. Malverns table to table it similar. The wind was really back coming right at those tables though.

That helicoper did not bother me as much as someone walking in the crowd with a pitbull. I always steer the opposite way of that situation.

It is basically an Evil Knievel jump that takes no talent, just the balls to pin it and go for it. Hope no one gets jumped on.

Lol. Yep no talent to use the right throttle, correct in the air. It's how the old guys who can't assume that it's like one their old big jumps from 1985. Sure thing, just add balls, it will take care of itself......

I know everybody is pissed off about the 'copter flying close to the riders, but I can't kid ya--- the thing sounds really cool, and that video from Beans is amazing to say the least. Maybe somebody that knows how to fly one of those things should start a biz where you pay them to follow you around while you ride with the 'copter, and make you a bad ass video? --L*64

I know everybody is pissed off about the 'copter flying close to the riders, but I can't kid ya--- the thing sounds really cool, and that video from Beans is amazing to say the least. Maybe somebody that knows how to fly one of those things should start a biz where you pay them to follow you around while you ride with the 'copter, and make you a bad ass video? --L*64
just incase you missed it

takes ball for sure but it also takes talent to hit any 130 jump imo and it takes physical fitness to handle any crooked landings or over jumps.. plus the 30mph head wind..ha..takes more talent than most of us have.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/airdog/airdog-worlds-first-auto-follow-action-sports-dron

pretty soon you won't even need someone to fly it..

nypost.com/2013/09/05/man-decapitated-by-remote-controlled-toy-helicopter/

Scary. I agree the the drones are cool and safe, but the helicopter???

On a side note, I was watching a deer hunting show and they had footage from a drone moving down towards the truck and hanging deer. You could see the drone shadow. The views are new and really cool!

Lol. Yep no talent to use the right throttle, correct in the air. It's how the old guys who can't assume that it's like one their old big jumps from 1985. Sure thing, just add balls, it will take care of itself......
Your right... I forgot... Its all easier now. back in the '80's through 2000 when we all had stone tire and the bike was powered by steam...
Again, come on man. 100+ foot jumps have been around well before these fart bikes.
No talent required.

Wow, skip to 2:54. That was sick and some sick footage. I respect all jumps but the further out they go the greater the risk. Even missing subtle gaps at that height will send you home in a helicopter. Flat landing from those heights makes me cringe. Yes he downsided it but if you're the only guy doing it you're really guessing the speed which means you need to be able to deal with coming up short or long, or side wind, or getting squirrely of the takeoff, kickers, or you throw a rod up the face (yes that happened this year).

@chunky soup, Blah blah blah, I get you didn't see any the guys in lower classes that lack the good finesse, but have the balls, jumping it. 15-20 years ago there were jumps that the talentless daredevil kids could jump by pinning it. I don't see it that way anymore. Jumps like that one and the bigger jump at C town take experience, confidence, body position and throttle/brake control in the air to control the trajectory.

So when you were a pro racing Barney rubble style using your feet what was the longest biggest baddest jump on those dinosaur two smokes? And was the good year blimp there? And if so did you get iced by the blimp shadow and lay up on that jump?

Back