RV2 to race in Europe next year

dirtbikerdude

PR Member
RC is the GOAT, except for SX, McGrath said that he was better than RC at SX.......talk amongst yourselves.......How many perfect seasons does Villopoto have?

I do agree that RC4 is the G.O.A.T. with out a doubt. I know RV2 has 0 perfect seasons. I still kind of feel if RC4 and RV2 went head to head both in prime...well it would be anyone's guess. I think RC4 did so good do to more hard work over talent. RV2 doesn't seem to be a super hard worker and relies on more natural talent.

don't get me wrong here RC4 and RV2 are both naturally talented to the max and I am more of a RC4 fan.

Last edited:

hershey

PR Elite
While I think RC is one of the greatest racers of all time he IS NOT the GOAT. McGrath decimates him in SX wins and even JS7 has more SX wins. So how can he possibly be the greatest of all time? Label him for outdoor MX somehow but not the GOAT. RV is way down the list.

Rider Total (450/250) Lites (250/125)
Jeremy McGRATH 85 72 13
James STEWART 62 44 18
Ricky CARMICHAEL 59 48 11
Chad REED 47 41 6
Ryan VILLOPOTO 35 24 11

dirtbikerdude

PR Member
While I think RC is one of the greatest racers of all time he IS NOT the GOAT. McGrath decimates him in SX wins and even JS7 has more SX wins. So how can he possibly be the greatest of all time? Label him for outdoor MX somehow but not the GOAT. RV is way down the list.

Rider Total (450/250) Lites (250/125)
Jeremy McGRATH 85 72 13
James STEWART 62 44 18
Ricky CARMICHAEL 59 48 11
Chad REED 47 41 6
Ryan VILLOPOTO 35 24 11

RC is without a doubt the G.O.A.T. !!

MC is the king of SX but had nothing out doors so that disqualifies him for the goat. also RC dethroned him in SX.

JS7 has lots of wins but has not been able to hold it together for an entire season other than the season when he no competition outside for a perfect season. to be the goat you need be constant.

RV2 is the closest contender imo because he is strongest outside and has proven to be the man in SX. also if he wins in the mxgp he could vary well be the goat if you ask me.

also RC went out on top. no one has done that before.

Last edited:

hershey

PR Elite
How can you say that? He had almost 30 less wins than Mcgrath and even Stewart has more sx wins. They are 2 different animals, if it werent for outdoor mx RC wouldnt be the top dog. Now if the points included MX and SX combined for the year then I would be on board with the GOAT title.

dirtbikerdude

PR Member
How can you say that? He had almost 30 less wins than Mcgrath and even Stewart has more sx wins. They are 2 different animals, if it werent for outdoor mx RC wouldnt be the top dog. Now if the points included MX and SX combined for the year then I would be on board with the GOAT title.

RC4 has proven to be good at both.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Aaaaah, the evergreen topic of who is better... Again, everyone thinks the new guys are better. How quick we forget our history.
Prime vs. Prime here is my top 5

1. Rick Johnson
2. McGrath
3. RC
4. Bob Hannah
5. Jeff Ward

Woody

PR Addict
RC is hands down the G.O.A.T. It's so much more than the numbers. Passion, determination, performance, personality, involvement within the sport, and so on.

Same deal with Dale Earnhardt. Petty has more wins, Jimmie Johnson may end up with 10 championships, but there will only be one man that stands (stood) above the rest.

Vet261

PR Addict
Anyone notice that in RV's PR about going to Europe he said next year is his last year of racing?

“I am ready for the final chapter of my career, and in my final year of racing I am looking to accomplish something no one else has achieved,” said Villopoto. “I’ve never been one to look at the record books so when an opportunity like this comes around, to race against the best in the world and represent the U.S.A., I have to see it through. It will be a major change of pace, but I am extremely excited about the opportunity and also to be joined by a former champion like Tyla. He knows what is needed to succeed on the world championship stage and I know I can learn a lot from him.”

John250

PR Founding Father
RV got his numbers in a MUCH shorter time period. Figure how many wins RV has in the time he has been racing, and then figure the others in the same amount of time from the beginning of their careers. So numbers wise, sure RV has much less, but he has not race near as long as those others above him, and if he did......who knows.

sturd

PR Addict
Anyone notice that in RV's PR about going to Europe he said next year is his last year of racing?
“I’ve never been one to look at the record books so when an opportunity like this comes around, to race against the best in the world"

He thinks (or at least his publicist says) that he's looking forward to racing the best in the world and learning from his
team mate that has been there. If he means that, and I have to assume he does, then his attitude is where it needs
to be to beat the euros at their own game.

He's got his work cut out for him.

n.volk

PR Member
If I recall, didn't RC win 24 or something like that straight motos outdoors? Don't really see anyone else doing that for a long time. And for rv1..why leave here, I thought the best riders came to the U.S. to race?

hershey

PR Elite
If I recall, didn't RC win 24 or something like that straight motos outdoors? Don't really see anyone else doing that for a long time. And for rv1..why leave here, I thought the best riders came to the U.S. to race?

JS7 had a perfect season also

hershey

PR Elite
Oh, and the GOAT lapped the entire field once at Millville!

In a mud race. Reed did the same thing until his bike blew up in SX.

Its a never ending debate but how can you be the greatest of all time if you got your ass handed to you in one of two types of racing?