4 Ezra Lusk Bainbridge, GA 245
5 Stephane Roncada France 232

1 Ricky Carmichael Havana, FL 367
2 Chad Reed Kurri Kurri, Australia 360
3 Ernesto Fonseca Costa Rica 225
4 Nicholas Wey DeWitt, MI 203
5 Tim Ferry Largo, FL 195
6 Heath Voss Prior Lake, MN 179

WOW, you two have taken this to a new level of pathetic...
You can not change someone mind on this subject. Just stop before someone says something stupid like RC made MC retire.... wait... too late...

Yeah that takes the cake for the DUMBEST statement ever on this site.

Move on, nothing to see here....

WOW, you two have taken this to a new level of pathetic...
You can not change someone mind on this subject. Just stop before someone says something stupid like RC made MC retire.... wait... too late...

Yeah that takes the cake for the DUMBEST statement ever on this site.

Move on, nothing to see here....
YOU ARE THE DUMEST STATMENT. LOOK AT THE RECORD. THEY DONT LIE

Oh, ok, since you put it like that... now I understand. o_O Calm down, don't spill your sour patch kids... nap time is almost here... It will be OK...

I just cant see how someone can look ar the record books and say rc shouldn't be called the goat. mc is the king of supercross no doubt.. but rc is close. the sport is more than sx its sx and mx. js7 has had a long time to get wins but also hasn't won but a few titles.
but your right nap time ttyl.....I better get back to work before I get fired.

Mc is the all time great in SX, no way to deny it and he deserves all the credit in the world. I just take exception To your idea that RC "got his ass handed to him in SX". He basically won a title every year he raced, MC just raced longer.

SX, McGrath clearly is the King of SX. RC couldnt match his win record. Not even close. JS7 has more wins than RC in SX too. I call that getting your ass handed to you in one type of racing.

JS7 has more 125 MX wins than RC,and JS did it in 3 seasons to RC in 5 seasons.

The only thing that RC dominated was 250 (now 450) MX. Nothing else.

People want to say he brought more to the sport.....
What about McGrath? He elevated the sport to a new level in his time. Drew massive crowds and still has involvement. He started a team like RC although it fell through. People still know what the NAC NAC is and you even see riders do it once in a while. RIcky Johnson started the whole "Bad Boy" movement and today is still involved with the top level pros.

Dont get me wrong, RC is on of my favorite all time riders but to call him the GOAT is not correct IMO. He was one of the "GOAT's" but not THE goat.

So name the race where Mcgrath DOMINATED RC in SX? He got beat some, but I don't recall McGrath ever owning RC. Period.

I don't understand why everyone compares the top pro's when they didn't enter their professional career at the same time. MC and RC are IMPOSSIBLE to truly compare apples to apples because they both peaked at different times. They both are in the record books as two of the greatest racers ever to swing a leg over a bike...do we really need to crap ourselves and fly off the handle when someone disagree's with your opinion? Oh wait this is Pit Racer...yes...yes we do.

For the record.....Typing in ALL CAPS AND NOT EVEN SPELLING WORDS CORRECTLY WHEN TRYING TO MAKE AN ARGUMENT JUST MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE AN IGNORANT CHILD.

Knox next time tell us to bring the popcorn before you start stirring...

I don't understand why everyone compares the top pro's when they didn't enter their professional career at the same time. MC and RC are IMPOSSIBLE to truly compare apples to apples because they both peaked at different times. They both are in the record books as two of the greatest racers ever to swing a leg over a bike...do we really need to crap ourselves and fly off the handle when someone disagree's with your opinion? Oh wait this is Pit Racer...yes...yes we do.

For the record.....Typing in ALL CAPS AND NOT EVEN SPELLING WORDS CORRECTLY WHEN TRYING TO MAKE AN ARGUMENT JUST MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE AN IGNORANT CHILD.

Knox next time tell us to bring the popcorn before you start stirring...

sorry dude I have to type fast and didn't pay attention in school. I never came off the handle. I love this subject.
just look at the points rc has the overall best record by far...and for the record when I typed all caps I missed one letter and I am a cnc programmer so I have my computer in caps most of the time cause G and M code uses caps.

Last edited:
Mc is the all time great in SX, no way to deny it and he deserves all the credit in the world. I just take exception To your idea that RC "got his ass handed to him in SX". He basically won a title every year he raced, MC just raced longer.

MC won 7 titles in 8 years, RC 5 in 6 seasons so MC had longer title wins streaks than RC in SX. And he beat him by 30 some races.....I call that getting your ass handed to you. But as many have always pointed out and Karl put it, the greats were never racing one another in their prime. Who had the greater talent to race against?

My only point is MC was the King of SX. RC is the GOAT in MX. MC cant hold a candle to RC's MX record but at the same time neither can RC to MC's SX record. Saying in my best "Dirtbikerdude" way...... Look at the record books. That fact cant be argued.

BTW JO......MC owned RC his first season in the 250SX class, your memory fails you !

An interview I've watched before with RC, said he didn't like the nickname GOAT. It started from Matt Walker calling him that, picked up from a dumb rap song (see below). He prefers RC.

As usual I'm apathetic in these (which guy is better) arguments, carry on.

The G.O.A.T - LL Cool J:

SX, McGrath clearly is the King of SX. RC couldnt match his win record. Not even close. JS7 has more wins than RC in SX too. I call that getting your ass handed to you in one type of racing.

JS7 has more 125 MX wins than RC,and JS did it in 3 seasons to RC in 5 seasons.

The only thing that RC dominated was 250 (now 450) MX. Nothing else.

People want to say he brought more to the sport.....
What about McGrath? He elevated the sport to a new level in his time. Drew massive crowds and still has involvement. He started a team like RC although it fell through. People still know what the NAC NAC is and you even see riders do it once in a while. RIcky Johnson started the whole "Bad Boy" movement and today is still involved with the top level pros.

Dont get me wrong, RC is on of my favorite all time riders but to call him the GOAT is not correct IMO. He was one of the "GOAT's" but not THE goat.
McGrath made two mistakes in his career that kept him from winning 2 more championships, if my memory serves me we'll. Didn't he attempt some crazy double during the 1996 outdoor championship, while leading in points, and injure his foot? Lost the title. And the second was him choosing to ride a Suzuki in 1997, which cost him the supercross title. I remember his bars snapping off at the Detroit round (I think, or Indy). Plus the bad luck of a flat at Charlotte.

McGrath made two mistakes in his career that kept him from winning 2 more championships, if my memory serves me we'll. Didn't he attempt some crazy double during the 1996 outdoor championship, while leading in points, and injure his foot? Lost the title. And the second was him choosing to ride a Suzuki in 1997, which cost him the supercross title. I remember his bars snapping off at the Detroit round (I think, or Indy). Plus the bad luck of a flat at Charlotte.

Yeah man.. MC had a bad year going to Suzuki

that's also about the same time the competition was getting better.

Back