RV2 to race in Europe next year

RC4 is called the G.O.A.T. for good reason.

this is a nice web site - http://vault.racerxonline.com/2000/mx/intro

big bike titles

RC4 titles - MX - 2000, 2001, 2002 2003 2004 2005 and 2006
SX - 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006
RC4 link - http://vault.racerxonline.com/rider/ricky-carmichael/points

RV2 titles - MX - 2011,2013,
SX - 2011,2012,2013,2014
RV2 link - http://vault.racerxonline.com/rider/ryan-villopoto/points

JS7 titles - MX - 2008,
SX - 2007,2009,
JS7 link - http://vault.racerxonline.com/rider/james-stewart/points

I would say this should end the debate......

Ricky Carmichael, the Suzuki factory rider who had not lost an outdoor national since July 2003 holeshot the first moto of the first national of 2006 at Hangtown, seemed to trip over the chalk line and promptly crashed all by himself when he started out front! Carmichael, who had last lost an outdoor overall to Kevin Windham way back at Washougal '03, back when he was on a two-stroke Honda CR250 and Windhham was still getting used to his CRF450, went from first to last faster than you can say “holeshot bonus!” He battled back hard, all the way from last to third, but by the time he caught James Stewart, the leader on his factory Kawasaki, Carmichael was out of tear-offs. Together they caught Yamaha rider Chad Reed on the very last lap, and Stewart found his way around for what was the first 450 AMA Motocross moto win of his career, while Carmichael could not get past Reed.
The second moto marked history, because while Ricky just plain took off with the win, that third-place finish in the first moto, combined with Stewie's runner-up ride, gave Carmichael his first outdoor overall loss in nearly three years. It also gave Stewart, the all-time best 125cc rider AMA Motocross and AMA Supercross history, his first outdoor win on a big bike.

Rick Johnson
1984 250 mx
1986 250 mx
1986 250 sx
1987 250 mx
1987 500 mx
1988 500 mx
1988 250 sx

I think RC4 still has it eventho Rick Johnson did win both 250 and 500 mx in1987...that's beast

You also have to look at the strength of the field. A LOT of RC career the talent pool was kiddy end at best.
No question he dominated his time like VERY few if any, but as with the old BCS, you have to look at strength of schedule.

You also have to look at the strength of the field. A LOT of RC career the talent pool was kiddy end at best.
No question he dominated his time like VERY few if any, but as with the old BCS, you have to look at strength of schedule.
Idk man. I think stewert and Reed are more than most. And McGrath k dub. Sorry rc is still clearly the goat.

In a mud race. Reed did the same thing until his bike blew up in SX.

Its a never ending debate but how can you be the greatest of all time if you got your ass handed to you in one of two types of racing?
One minute you say the "GOAT" must be the best at all, the next mud races don't count. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they all have the same opportunity and he lapped everyone???

In a mud race. Reed did the same thing until his bike blew up in SX.

Its a never ending debate but how can you be the greatest of all time if you got your ass handed to you in one of two types of racing?

Please enlighten us all and explain exactly what type of bike racing RC has "had his ass handed to him" in. That possibly could be the single most ridiculous statement you have EVER made on here.

You guys are on crack, nobody has matched Rc's domination, maybe never will. Good competition? He beat Stewart straight up all five races in his last year of racing in 07' Rc on the way out Stewart in his prime. I don't think Villopoto could do it (meaning in that scenario). Hes going out racing overseas. Mcgrath went out in a floundering career. Even if someone eventually touches his outdoor wins, the perfect seasons were incredible. By the way I was a Johnson-Mcgrath fan in my younger days. Never like Ricky that much, but I respected what he could do.

Its probably worth the trip to the AMA museum, they have a bunch of Rickys bikes in there, and Emigs #1 125 from way back too.

Please enlighten us all and explain exactly what type of bike racing RC has "had his ass handed to him" in. That possibly could be the single most ridiculous statement you have EVER made on here.

SX, McGrath clearly is the King of SX. RC couldnt match his win record. Not even close. JS7 has more wins than RC in SX too. I call that getting your ass handed to you in one type of racing.

JS7 has more 125 MX wins than RC,and JS did it in 3 seasons to RC in 5 seasons.

The only thing that RC dominated was 250 (now 450) MX. Nothing else.

People want to say he brought more to the sport.....
What about McGrath? He elevated the sport to a new level in his time. Drew massive crowds and still has involvement. He started a team like RC although it fell through. People still know what the NAC NAC is and you even see riders do it once in a while. RIcky Johnson started the whole "Bad Boy" movement and today is still involved with the top level pros.

Dont get me wrong, RC is on of my favorite all time riders but to call him the GOAT is not correct IMO. He was one of the "GOAT's" but not THE goat.

Last edited:
Lol ha right. Check the record books. Titles in 01,02,03,05,06 in SX and that does not count 125sx. Every rider out there wishes they could get thier as handed to them like that!!

Lol ha right. Check the record books. Titles in 01,02,03,05,06 in SX and that does not count 125sx. Every rider out there wishes they could get thier as handed to them like that!!

Well you need to check the record books

MC...93,94,95,96,98,99,00 and that doesnt include 125 for titles so RC falls 2 titles short.

I posted the overall race wins too.
RC falls way short with 59. JS had 62 and MC had 85. Take out the 125 wins and you have:
RC with 48 and MC with 72.

Where did you look?

SX, McGrath clearly is the King of SX. RC couldnt match his win record. Not even close. JS7 has more wins than RC in SX too. I call that getting your ass handed to you in one type of racing.

JS7 has more 125 MX wins than RC,and JS did it in 3 seasons to RC in 5 seasons.

The only thing that RC dominated was 250 (now 450) MX. Nothing else.

People want to say he brought more to the sport.....
What about McGrath? He elevated the sport to a new level in his time. Drew massive crowds and still has involvement. He started a team like RC although it fell through. People still know what the NAC NAC is and you even see riders do it once in a while. RIcky Johnson started the whole "Bad Boy" movement and today is still involved with the top level pros.

Dont get me wrong, RC is on of my favorite all time riders but to call him the GOAT is not correct IMO. He was one of the "GOAT's" but not THE goat.

Im sorry dude you are all wrong! RC has 5 SX titles in 6 years and the one year he didn't win he was out for surgery. RC elevated the need for fitness. MC just relied on pure talent. look up any rider on this website http://vault.racerxonline.com/2000/mx/intro .... no one comes close and like mavern mx said possibly will never be beat. Also RC did a 12 race outdoor good bye tour meaning he was retiring.. well he overalled 12 of them and JS7 was there for all 12 and got a few 1st moto wins but 0 overalls in the 12 that RC was there. he is the goat and you cant possibly deny it

Well you need to check the record books

MC...93,94,95,96,98,99,00 and that doesnt include 125 for titles so RC falls 2 titles short.

I posted the overall race wins too.
RC falls way short with 59. JS had 62 and MC had 85. Take out the 125 wins and you have:
RC with 48 and MC with 72.

Where did you look?
note the dates MC was winning till RC showed up. look at the average finish position. RC won almost every race he entered. take JS7 for example... his average would be a high number cause he has 0 consistency.

note the dates MC was winning till RC showed up

So your not going to admit that MC killed RC in SX????? MC had 7 wins in 8 seasons and the one year he was out with injury too. Whats your point? And yeah, MC was at the end of his career, MC beat RC when he started too. SO how am I wrong with the win list? I got them right where you did.

So your not going to admit that MC killed RC in SX????? MC had 7 wins in 8 seasons and the one year he was out with injury too. Whats your point? And yeah, MC was at the end of his career, MC beat RC when he started too. SO how am I wrong with the win list? I got them right where you did.
RC took the titles from him till he finally retied what are you talking about

MC can not posably be called the goat he got smoked outdoors. RC was the man in both. yes mc has a higher win # in sx but he got his ass handed to him out side. rc took the top from mc in sx and took the entire sport

Back