4th Annual Monster Moto Mayhem Oct 18th-19th @CTMX

Oh great! I will have to beat you Guys to sign up, although I think someone numbered 65 gets preferential sign up treatment? Lol.

The particular person you are referring to is not normally #65. He used his sons number plates so it will be 4 again with the number 65.

Oh great! I will have to beat you Guys to sign up, although I think someone numbered 65 gets preferential sign up treatment? Lol.

Settle Down Fishy.... My brain works like this:

Chuck signed up as 65 - good
Allen signed up as 65 - standard protocol - he is 65x
Matt signed up as 65 - really? WTH? - okay he is 65/
Jason signs up as 65 - WHAT? Who is messing with me? CRAP.. okay.. we already have a YZ as 65/.. okay 65yz

Had my girls not chimed in.. I would have told him to be 651, but that looks like 251 or the 261 that was in the class.. and it goes on and on and on... lol

THE ABOVE is only ONE example of 20 plus number changes we had !!!! When I was calling people, I thought my head was going to pop off...

Jason signs up as 65 - WHAT? Who is messing with me? CRAP.. okay.. we already have a YZ as 65/.. okay 65yz

Had my girls not chimed in.. I would have told him to be 651, but that looks like 251 or the 261 that was in the class.. and it goes on and on and on... lol

THE ABOVE is only ONE example of 20 plus number changes we had !!!! When I was calling people, I thought my head was going to pop off...

This might warrant going back to picking their OMA numbers to that everyone has a pre assigned race number......right Connie??

That actually hurt my little brain a bit!

Great weekend. Agree on the pit riding rules... helmets for 16 and under should be mandatory and kids driving 4x4 side by sides is just asking for something bad to happen. Baja Acres requires helmets for all kids on pit bikes and once communicated and enforced... it's really not a big deal.

That's a good point, some of the newer people don't know this, * Disclaimer of the day #1, (*I'm not trying to bully or belittle people with this knowledge), but you do have the right to race the last three of your AMA or OMA membership number. If you are in a dispute over racing numbers at signup, you can produce your membership card, and if you are in fact in dispute over your racing, you will not have to slash your number if it matches the last three of your membership number.

This will all disappear once transponders become the mainstream in the next ten years..........

If we run OMA numbers John250 is going to knock me over for mine. I have card number 14-0259.
haha, funny.

I ran into this long ago with my football number turned MX number of 55. Ran into a guy back in the early 2000's racing in D-11 that every week, either I or him would have to slash our number. We ended up making it a competition as to who would sign up first. I had an advantage in the more northern tracks as he lived in KY. Finally, I got tired of it and made my career # 55k. Haven't had an issue since. What does the 'k' stand for? I dunno, what ever you want it to. Kawasaki, Kim, $55,000, Kojak, Kinundrum, Kiddy pool, kan't get a start...

the letter in flat track numbers represents your state. 'f' is for Ohio. you don't have to run them at the amateur level but we wanted to. When you step up to the pro ranks they run the letter in the pro singles class. Once you qualify for a grand national main in the expert class you lose your letter.

This might warrant going back to picking their OMA numbers to that everyone has a pre assigned race number......right Connie??
Class champs should
the letter in flat track numbers represents your state. 'f' is for Ohio. you don't have to run them at the amateur level but we wanted to. When you step up to the pro ranks they run the letter in the pro singles class. Once you qualify for a grand national main in the expert class you lose your letter.

F for Ohio, that makes sense! Lol. I'm going to change to 365.

This is kind of a comical statement. Due to the fact if you look in the 2014 OMA rulebook, it was already addressed. See below:

There is absolutely NO PIT RIDING at any of the OMA tracks. (Penalty to the rider, including disqualification, may result if this rule isn’t followed by every member of the family, pit crew, or guests.) However, pit vehicles can be used to access restrooms, shower houses and any areas further than 500’ from pit areas, provided the driver/rider is 16 years or older, and can do so responsibly and slowly. All other uses will be deemed as pit riding will result further action by the OMA.

All you had to do was enforce your own rules, and it would have been handled. So you really expect people to believe it will be addressed next year??

I see your reason for doubt. Makes sense. I believe we can atleast keep hope alive that it will get resolved...at CTMX at least.

Not one OMA track enforces no pit riding completely. Sure it is announced...big whoop...no action is taken or actions being taken don't work or don't get followed through with.

I'm sure this happens at other places. Other places have it in control by giving responsible people pit riding freedom and pedal or walking freedom in the pits. Deemed by restrictions and fines of penalty. If your to young to understand any of this, let alone read or talk...then you have the best pit ride around...a stroller.

Imagine if Tim the Tool Man got into a stroller race with Bob Vila!?!? Of if he designed a pit vehicle...prolly have a jet engine in it. Haha

Back