4th Annual Monster Moto Mayhem Oct 18th-19th @CTMX

Connie we heard you announce allans name a bunch. After the first time I heard it I told allan you have to be 65x. He said how do you know? I said because connie just called you to the sign up building lol. Low and behold we didn't know there were 3 others. To funny

I agree with this as well. Prepping bikes between motos and then having to (walk) to see what was going on. Don't need a full color commentator but announcing the moto # on the track would be great. I yelled at a couple of kids and some dumb ass mini dad on a Cobra BLOWING it out on the pit road after his kid got of the track. #937 was on the bike. That guy was an A$$HOLE.

I want to say thanks to the whole ctmx crew for 3 great races this year. Alot of hard work has went into that place and every race gets better. It's never going to be perfect but keep trying and more and more people will come. Track was the best it's ever been. Program was ran awesome liked how sunday went I was loadex and out at 430. Great weekend see you guys next year

I told SEVERAL "people" (I want to use brats but thats not PC I guess) to slow down. I don't expect you or a couple cops to control everyone, it is up to the parents and individuals to use common sense. Don't let your kids drive a golf cart through a crowed pit. Don't let your kid ride a small motorcycle without a helmet. It is OK to walk or ride a bicycle.
The announcement of pit bike enforcement was great, everyone knew the rules. Unfortunately people still did not get the message and while warnings are good, the preverbal "example" should have been made. I would suggest a stockade and public stoning.

I am sorry but the EMS crew was not good. Maybe not lazy, but for sure not in the riders best interest. Waiting to see if a 65 rider gets back up is a terrible response. What if that rider WAS badly hurt? Do you want a flagger to determine that and pick the kid up just to find out it was much worse then he thought? This is why we have an EMS crew at the race. I don't expect them to drive the ambulance out on the track every time someone crashes but we could at least give one of them a 4-wheeler to ride out and check on a downed rider.

One flagger in the second turn watching the 3 rollers, the turn, all the whoops and the superfast jump up the hill is not enough flaggers. I know it is hard to find good people, I get it, but that is why I suggested using a temporary agency. a warm body can be trained to watch a small area like after the up hill jump.

Track prep was perfect, the day was quick and the program clicked off like clockwork, facility looked great, better then most if not all nationals. All the activities were fun (The rain sucked but did not stop everyone from having a good time.) The fact that I cant think of anything else to complain about is proof Chillitown is THE BEST MOTOCROSS EXPERIENCE in the state, if not the mid-west.

Like I said, the boy on the 65 was fine and the situation was under control. Had you been wearing a radio you would have known we were in constant communication with the flagger and ref that was there tending to the downed rider. Things aren't always as they appear to be. Next time you are at CTMX I would love to meet you. It seems you know an awful lot about what it takes to run a successful MX facility and I would like to make you a part of our team. I am very serious about that offer.

Like I said, the boy on the 65 was fine and the situation was under control. Had you been wearing a radio you would have known we were in constant communication with the flagger and ref that was there tending to the downed rider. Things aren't always as they appear to be. Next time you are at CTMX I would love to meet you. It seems you know an awful lot about what it takes to run a successful MX facility and I would like to make you a part of our team. I am very serious about that offer.
I would be honored to help out a great staff any way I can.
I finally got to meet the mite Ginger this weekend...what a jerk he is...:D

Wow! What a weekend! Atmosphere is a key word for CTMX. I genuinely feel welcomed and appreciated by CTMX. It is proven to us in their conduct and in their quality Motocross Racing experience. The most apparent descriptive word(s) that come to mind for the CTMX atmosphere is Family and Community.

Even though the emotions of a Family and Community can be all warm and fuzzy...Order and Accountability must exist if we ALL want the ENTIRE event to reach it's full potential. I mean that we all have a responsiblility to each other to do things right.

Pit Riding for example...we all need to stand up and do our part and keep it that way...we need to put each other in order and keep each other in order...it will only lead to the end of pit riding craziness and make the atmosphere that much more enjoyable. I would suggest licensed drivers only and if you are on two-wheels and under 21...you must wear a helmet. $5 per event with a name attached to the pit vehicle sticker for accountability. Perhaps no 2-wheeled pit vehicles unless it passes tech inspection. Kids pedal.

Imagine if we came together as a community and kept pit riding at bay? Just like neighborhood crime watch. Of course leadership must be in place as Final Authority and by leading the way...that is us; CTMX Staff. We made progress with flagging, staging, track prep, and overall operation and an EMT weakness was revealed. Pit Riding was a stalemate. The canopy is just plain old foul thievery ...shame on you whoever stole them.

I'm thinking 5 more flaggers at most...atleast 3...prolly 4. The CMA staff did step it up and are eager to become quality flaggers. The original plan for me to be a mobile flagger like Jeremy F. got foiled when staging was experiencing some hiccups...so I had to go there and pull double duty as a Ref. and Staging Director. Their will be a flagging course (including EMT calls and responding to crash scenarios) given to CMA who provides about 7-8 committed, responsible, and compitent flaggers before the next race at CTMX. We need to provide all flaggers radios and better flags. We made some good steps forward and will continue to.

Staging is getting better...the next time should be our best yet..and then consistent from their, along with flagging and pit riding. I am gonna put some effort into pit riding as well by taking a stroll through the pits at different times the next race when the track is under control. Jeremy does what a promoter should do...keep his eyes on the race track as much as he can.

Jordan...it was partially my fault, your fault and CTMX's for you gate drop mix up.

Late is late...it happens. But I personally didnt check you through...but I could have been turned away or not present for a moment...it happens...but when staging the riders...I call out numbers three times and move on. I did talk to every rider personally that was on time...every Moto, every change; riders that made sure to comply with staging policy and structures. I agree on not changing things once they are printed...but sometimes what looks good on paper isn't good on the track, and sometimes we just plain goof something up. We do have communication...I didn't hear Dan when he was calling for me...it happens. He had the correct paperwork but was confused himself a little...my fault. You were cool about it...thank you. The gate drop change for the second Moto with A, B and +25 was heavily warranted just like the 65/Girls gate drops. The other one between 2-stroke and collegeboy...some reasonable concerns by the riders were made and as a ref (also pulling double duty in staging that was not originally planned) I decided to put it to a majority vote. It was changed.

For sure good job to scoring...I had a little trouble with #65's in when staging the Seniors...I was thinking "good luck" to scoring...but they are talented...no worries.

And Mrs. Lotts...your called to sign-up for a reason! Go! ;)

My complaint to CTMX. Will you please stop Dogs from peeing on me. I heard CTMX does an overall GREATJOB and is a really FUN (PURE) atmosphere and that the staff isfriendly and cares. Guess I was dooped. I was just trying to do my job and be hospitable by petting a black lab while kneeling. Look up to the owner as I am petting him and then I feel my leg getting wet. The dog hike his leg and marked his territory. Come on CTMX...if I am doing something wrong...you can't just talk me...you don't have to send a dog to whizz on me. Geeez. I mean...the CTMX staff is easy to get along with...what gives! Is it because I am a ginger? I have feelings ya know; and a soul to boot!!!

EMT's...I know CTMX and all of OMA take rider safety seriously. EMT's are trained not to move quickly to prevent injury to themselves or induce panic. We need a UTV for them...as well as a trained Flagging staff for "Potential EMT" and "Active EMT" scenarios. Experience, training, and chemistry are the next three major are areas to be addressed with "On Track Safety."

I told the 65 rider not to move once he described his pain and injuries and just talked with him calmy until EMTS arrived. I was not letting anyone move him until them, including the Father. We do need a better response time but also, but we can't be calling bluffs regularly if ya know what I mean. Both Refs worked the crash scene. With 4 people flaggingat least. It was under control. Better to error in being overly safe than not taking a situation serious enough...balance is the hard target. Balance in the entire program. That's the goal.

We learned alot. CTMX will improve, has improved, and is Proven. We are already working on next season while working this race on raceday. Thank You! Brap!

Glad to be with CTMX and all of you.

I support CTMX 100%. Thank you for including me, it is an honor!

Last edited:
Pit riding continues to be an issue apparently. How about no pit riding. None. Walk, jog, back flip, somersault or whatever sets your panties on fire but get around the pits under your own power. If you can't walk to the staging area then you should probably re evaluate your life.

I think you should do away with all motorized pit bikes, golf carts, utv's, atv's. The only ones allowed with them are track personnel and sponsors. A bicycle is all that is needed.
I can tell you that the last thing you as a track and a promoter you would want is a mishap involving these kids. Especially somebody not using a pit bike. Cause there is no piece of paper that we sign will cover your tail in court. Trust me on is.

I saw a kid racing up and down the road almost get smoked by a golf cart full of other small kids. Would have been horrible for all. My only complaint other than pit riding is the disrespectful punk teens that were swearing and screaming at everyone while trick or treating. Then the same drunken #*%hole comes walking through the pits at midnight waking my son and I up. What is so hard about being respectful to others. Knowing not everyone is there to get drunk, they worked hard to get there and were trying to have a fun father son weekend. Instead I have to explain to him at midnight why this is. This is the second time we camped at a bigger race and this seems to be a common problem. Seems to me like most of the complaints aren't with CTMX. It's with eachother. Be respectful of others. Don't steal s**t. And watch your kids. Doesn't seem real hard right????? We had an awesome time. Probably one of the best run events I have been to. We will be back for sure. Thanks for all the hard work.

And Mrs. Lotts...your called to sign-up for a reason! Go! ;)

Jarrett, please I am not that old it's Kelly not Mrs. Lotts. lol They were calling allan, he made it there eventually. He is old and took a little longer getting there haha.

Wish I could have made it, but the 85 degrees, sunshine and 100,000 other bikers in Daytona was calling me last weekend. CTMX is always a blast, and by far are getting their program a few steps above the rest.

Those paved roads are the issue at CTMX......they are so attractive to all those side by sides, golf carts or anything else with wheels. But I too almost saw a 50 racer come out from his pit, onto the road, and a golf cart with 4 kids in it, nearly ran straight into him. Luckily it missed him. I bet when someone does get hit, they will change the policy then for sure.

It is the laziness of Americans. I can remember going to the races and there were no golf carts, side by sides, and everyone managed. Now even a small place like DMC or Dirt Country has people riding around on a golf cart!

450 riders, and it was not a battle race! Great job CTMX. Knox, find out for me how many of those riders signed up rode any of the SWOHMX Series. That is what amazes me about CTMX, there are a ton of riders and many from SW Ohio are not attending CTMX.

Yeah, I missed it. The wifey was feeling bad and Saturday ruined my mojo. The track was decent Saturday, but no sunshine did me in. I actually had hoped that maybe we'd wake up and shoot down Sunday morning, but no dice.

Great job CTMX. I've made it to watch, ride a little (I mean a little) practice, so 3rd times the charm and I'll actually race next time. Heck, have to give me credit. I made it to Red Bud and Malvern to race this year. It's on the upswing! ;)

450 riders, and it was not a battle race! Great job CTMX. Knox, find out for me how many of those riders signed up rode any of the SWOHMX Series. That is what amazes me about CTMX, there are a ton of riders and many from SW Ohio are not attending CTMX.

Of the 224 different humans riding bikes at Chilli this weekend, 86 of them rode at lease 1 SW race.

Obviously this leaves a large market in the area to go after but remember, all tracks have a group of people that ride only that track. In 40+ alone DMC has 5 guys that never race anywhere else... Including other southern tracks.

Just now getting to reading this thread. Hard to beat a track that's building such a solid reputation.
Will have to be on our list for 2015.

( oh and yes, I'll be another #65 in the 40+ class ).

I hope the reputation, fun, attitudes and overall facilities at CTMX will continue to bring more and more racers and their families. Everyone bring a friend next year, lets make it even better, lets make CTMX a qualifier!

Jarrett....Chris Scott and myself said the same thing Saturday...we need a UTV with a long bed carrying a backboard and EMT supplies from here on out....thats a great idea. The bad thing is we seen about half of the 50 and 65 parents run up to a wreck and grab their kid or someone elses kid by the arm and jerk them up...sometimes that can be a far worse outcome than waiting.

I believe next year there will be an age limit on pit riding, most likely 16+ and an even greater enforcement seen. We tried to police the kids this year but they just acted good until we were out of sight most of the time. The best answer for pit riding is the parents. The second best answer has been mentioned above...we all have to be pro-active and help out.

CTMX will be bigger and better than ever next year....2015 will be the best yet!

Just now getting to reading this thread. Hard to beat a track that's building such a solid reputation.
Will have to be on our list for 2015.

( oh and yes, I'll be another #65 in the 40+ class ).
Oh great! I will have to beat you Guys to sign up, although I think someone numbered 65 gets preferential sign up treatment? Lol.

I believe next year there will be an age limit on pit riding, most likely 16+ and an even greater enforcement seen. We tried to police the kids this year but they just acted good until we were out of sight most of the time. The best answer for pit riding is the parents. The second best answer has been mentioned above...we all have to be pro-active and help out.

This is kind of a comical statement. Due to the fact if you look in the 2014 OMA rulebook, it was already addressed. See below:

There is absolutely NO PIT RIDING at any of the OMA tracks. (Penalty to the rider, including disqualification, may result if this rule isn’t followed by every member of the family, pit crew, or guests.) However, pit vehicles can be used to access restrooms, shower houses and any areas further than 500’ from pit areas, provided the driver/rider is 16 years or older, and can do so responsibly and slowly. All other uses will be deemed as pit riding will result further action by the OMA.

All you had to do was enforce your own rules, and it would have been handled. So you really expect people to believe it will be addressed next year??

Back