OMA overall championships OPINION!

Team MMR

PR Addict
I am eager to hear what some others have to say about this rule where if you dont attend so many events you dont get an award.

Heres my rant.
I competed in as many races as i could, not making the cut for awards. So now on paper i can say i was the champion, but have no award for it. I raced the most amount of the races in my class and still get NOTHING. So i basically feel like i raced for nothing now.

Also now if you go to try to see how you finished in points on the OMA site, if you didnt race enough of the races you cant even see where you ended up......

I just looked too. Not being able to see where you stand in the class ranking for year end doesnt make sense to me either. Just because I didnt race enough rounds doesnt mean I dont want to see how I stacked up still.

When you look in the results go to the profile look up and find your name. It will give you your results of all the races you raced and will give you where you finished in each series.

As for the amount of races you need-I feel it's a bench mark for amount of races people need to race for the money you put in. If the top 5 people only raced three races and the oma has to buy all of them awards they surely didn't get much in entry fees from those 5 people. Also they tell you from the beginning how many races you need. We are not points chasers but if it comes to the end and we can get an award then we do what needs to be done to get an award. The oma is not the only one that does this. It's the same for the CRA and was for district 12 as well. Allan and I are one race short of getting a flat track award for the CRA. Def. our fault for not hitting another race.

I like the idea of the 4 different series. It gives people the opporunity to pick one or two you may want to do and not have to race 35 races to be competitive in the overall points chase. In my opinion you can buy an overall championship in any sanctioning. Yes you can in the smaller series but I feel it's not as bad.

For the overall in CRA you only need 10 races, however if you only race 10 races I doubt you will win the championship.

Well technically u could sign up for enough races in OMA and get a championship as well, bc you were the only one that had enough races to qualify

like i said its all opinion

I believe the intent was to get away from the old CRA "best 35 races" formula which is just an absurd amount of racing. There has always been plenty of people, especially mini and pee wee parents, who buy their kids' championships. They average 6th or 7th place every time they race, but attend every race, thereby finishing the season higher in points. If that's what it takes to get you an award, whatever.

Don't get me wrong, you still have it going on a bit, but not to the extent it used to be with 35 races. I believe the OMA has been a breath of fresh air that was definitely needed.

I personally love the oma setup, there is a series for everyone whether you can only make Saturday or only Sundays, or even only weekdays at the fairs. Championships should be held to higher standards and not just given out.

Check out the battle results, top 5 awarded in basically all classes. Those awards were earned, not given or bought

SW Ohio series is the worst for buying championships. Look at the points verse results by race. Some of the slowest guys in all classes are top three in points by racing all the races. You have a minimum number you have to race to be eligible, but any past 8 count toward the overall points champion. I would rather them just count the top 8 races with a minimum of 5 riders and throw out the other races.

The OMA set up is better than most.

I wasnt going to say anything on the topic but i gotta admit im pretty disappointed. I had no idea there was a minimum race requirement. When I heard, I looked on the OMA website. There was no mention of it on the schedule or anywhere else (unless I missed it). I had to download the rulebook and i found it. It's my own fault I guess. I ran just about every Kames series race, all three Battle races (which i took 3rd to someone who only did 2) and I did as many Moto Rev races as I could. I feel I was at a disadvantage running less races and leading 2 classes but rules are rules. Congratulations to those who won championships. I do feel i should at least be on the series points list. I busted my ass to win both classes in that series and when I saw those results... It looks like I didn't even show.

Chris look under the OMA Champions tab, you will get awards for Battle and Kames Series.....you do know that right?

Chris under the OMA Champions tab, you will get awards for Battle and Kames Series.....you do know that right?
Yeah thanks J.O. Im just being greedy I guess.lol just confusing that I looked at those Moto Rev series points for weeks thinking I was gonna win and...Nada. maybe the points shouldn't shouldn't even be posted untill the minimum requirements are met. Just an idea.

I wish I knew how to make it all work. After last years 771 awards, I knew we needed to cut back in order to giveaway meaningful awards to those that put in the effort. And we could giveaway better prizes and grand prizes. I didn't really think we would have this many issues. The main goal was to allow people to chase a series without running 30 races, but yet not let someone run 1/3 of the series events and beat someone who earned their spot the hard way. It's a toughie. We just want to try and do what's good for everyone. We aren't trying to screw anyone here.

So if we have a 10-14 race series, how many races is fair to make a minimum?

I wish I knew how to make it all work. After last years 771 awards, I knew we needed to cut back in order to giveaway meaningful awards to those that put in the effort. And we could giveaway better prizes and grand prizes. I didn't really think we would have this many issues. The main goal was to allow people to chase a series without running 30 races, but yet not let someone run 1/3 of the series events and beat someone who earned their spot the hard way. It's a toughie. We just want to try and do what's good for everyone. We aren't trying to screw anyone here.

You guys do a great job Bro, I aint trying to bust yer balls. I'm just pissed at myself for not knowing. In the immortal words of the great Rupert Pellet...."this guy's an idiot"

No...I don't think it was communicated. I didn't hear about this until late in the season. The rule book is not in print also, but web access is easy...should still be printed when it can be afforded. I don't recall announcing limitations that I can remember, nor was told to, nor heard of it early on. It is possible that I don't remember saying it...at least if it were months ago. I couldn't think of the answer for sure until I found it in the rulebook. If it was announced somewhere public (at the track and/or PR) besides the rule book where it will not reach everyone...excuse me.

The Faircross tab on the main website is the only one that lists a limitation. The Battle, Rev, and Kames say awards will be given to the top 5...no restrictions.

Was the rule book changed midseason?
I could be wrong.

It atleast needs to be communicated better next year...learning curve.

Last edited:
Dont change anything.....except print the min race requirement on the printed race schedule and the one on the web. Almost everyone looks at the race schedule in the beginning of the season. Easy fix. Like stated above there are plenty of options for short series to run.

As for the class standing ...... It shows my class standing as 2nd in 2 stroke and 4th in +40. Not even close. I raced one 2 stroke race and only one moto of it at that.

IS that really earning it that hard way? or just showing you have more time, and money to hit all the races. Lets say little johny wins all the races he attends, (that to me shows he is clearly the better rider) but little joey runs more races and "earns" his championship or award just because he was able to go to more races. Is that really fair to Johny who worked his arse off to win?

Life isnt fair. The rules are there to help the OMA ensure rider turnout to give us a fantastic award ceremony. If you didnt run enough races so be it. Many sanctioning bodies do the same thing. I think the OMA race limits are better than most. I think CRA updated theirs but it used to be 35. Imagine that one for a minute! One year I lost the 125B championship by 1 point to a rider that rode every sat night malvern race there was. I cant see at night and worked most saturdays that year so I only raced sundays. I was top 3 every race and won most of them. However the sunday turnouts were terrible. For 1st place I was getting 10 points. The other rider was top 3 and better every race at the Vern. The turnouts were much larger and he was getting 20 points. The last 2 races of the year were at Spring Valley, his home track. I beat him all 4 motos and lost by one point. I was pissed but thats racing. You cant be mad at the OMA for not liking the rules at the end of the year.

You had some bad luck this year with bikes, its not your fault. But that is part of racing.....enduring the season. Learn from it and move on to a better next year.

Back