OMA overall championships OPINION!

These are all hypothetical thoughts below, none directed at anyone:

So again, what is a fair number of races? I don't think its cool to have a really fast guy stop in twice a year, earn 50 points finish 3-4th points, never respond to the RSVP, and take a up a spot. This is why we made a minimum number to weed out these situations and reward those that were committed to our series, but yet not to the point where they could buy titles.

Hey guys here's a news flash, this banquet is for you! OMA funds are for the banquet, for you. We don't make anything on OMA, we do this for you. We could either buy 1000 awards and have not much to giveaway, or we could get it down to 300ish and giveaway a lot.

Maybe the magic number is 5 races out of 12-14 (~40%)? I don't know. If someone else has "The Answer", I'm all ears. Keep in mind we also did this to encourage people to try all the OMA tracks, not just the one close to them without making it mandatory to do so.

Last edited:
Well it should be listed under the racing schedule tab for each series as well since this is all it says

Moto Revolution Series "The top 5 in each class will be awarded at the end of the year banquet."

Kames Saturday Night Series "The top 5 in each class will be awarded at the end of the year banquet."

Sorry i didnt think of looking in a RULEbook for classifications on AWARDS.

You didn't think of looking in the rulebook for the rules (on awards or anything else). Do you take jobs without reading the job description? Do you sign things without reading what you are signing?

I don't think there is an OMA Award Rule Book but there shouldn't have to be. It's OK to be mad at yourself but take some personal responsibility.

ok so make each race worth the same amount of points. make it that if you race over X amount of races you take away your worst finishes. that way if a fast guy comes in and only races a few bigger races he cant accumulate more points than someone who attends more races that may be smaller and not worth as many points. Ex Race A has 20 riders and that fast guy wins and gets 25 points, then Race B fast guy is not there, and there are only 5 riders, whoever wins gets 10 points (or whatever it is). That will force the faster guy to attend more races if he wants to win a championship or do good overall.

i a
You didn't think of looking in the rulebook for the rules (on awards or anything else). Do you take jobs without reading the job description? Do you sign things without reading what you are signing?

I don't think there is an OMA Award Rule Book but there shouldn't have to be. It's OK to be mad at yourself but take some personal responsibility.

i already did and said im not mad just trying to make it so this instance doesnt happen again.

Im just trying to help out so there arent as many people confused as there is currently. And your analogy is totally off. But when you read a rule book im not looking for awards information, especially when under the race series its says top 5 will be awarded.

If I was to change anything I would get the rule book out of a PDF and publish it in plain text on their website in a more legible format for everyone to read. When I read a rule book I'm looking to read whatever is in it as I would assume most are. I'm confused on your last point, the race series top 5 are awarded.

ok so make each race worth the same amount of points. make it that if you race over X amount of races you take away your worst finishes. that way if a fast guy comes in and only races a few bigger races he cant accumulate more points than someone who attends more races that may be smaller and not worth as many points. Ex Race A has 20 riders and that fast guy wins and gets 25 points, then Race B fast guy is not there, and there are only 5 riders, whoever wins gets 10 points (or whatever it is). That will force the faster guy to attend more races if he wants to win a championship or do good overall.

Well the problem with making each race the same, is that most people don't feel its fair to award the same points to a guy that wins a class of 3 participants as it is to award a class winner of 30 participants. I don't think the points are the real issue here. I think its a question of percentages to be eligible for awards. And trying to keep it fair amongst all competitors, fast-slow, rich-poor. A semi level playing field is the goal........

Not that it matters to me cause I didnt win anything, but the money spent in giveaways.. Are these for anyone that attends the banquet? Whether they raced an OMA event or not?

If I was to change anything I would get the rule book out of a PDF and publish it in plain text on their website in a more legible format for everyone to read. When I read a rule book I'm looking to read whatever is in it as I would assume most are. I'm confused on your last point, the race series top 5 are awarded.

Ok well let me show you, follow these directions:

1. go to omxa.net
2. On the right side of page there is a tab called "schedule", highlight it and it will drop down.
3. Click on either "Kames Saturday Night Series" or "Moto Revolution Series"
4. Read the very last sentence after all the dates and races

see where the controversy lies here? its a misunderstanding that even if you read the rule book could be confusing. Sorry for voicing my opinion on how I THINK the OMA could be improved.

There is no doubt it could have been communicated better in many ways, message received. However, to change it now could make it worse, every change will impact someone negatively, two wrongs don't make a right sorta thing. To repeal the minimum number means we have to do it across the board, which I feel would be a mistake at this time. I'm sorry Jordan, Jason and I did not create the OMA to piss people off, well not everyone. I wish we could have seen these issues ahead of time.

"The top 5 in each class will be awarded at the end of the year banquet."

Common sense tells me that they could not give away awards to the top 5 of every class of every race at the end of the year banquet. (if that is the way in which you are getting confused) I don't see the controversy but that's just me.

VWr6I.gif

the top 5 to each series, which would only be 2 series......

And JO i know you did not i am just simply trying to voice my opinion to HELP, other than that i would congratulate you and Jason for bringing such a great sanction to us racers.

I believe the way the current series are set-up with the amount of races and minimum race requirements is about perfect.

As far as the rule book, c'mon it's not all that lengthy that you couldn't read the entire thing in about five minutes. I know I have opened and read it about four or five times this year, and was well aware of the need to race at least half of the races in a series to be eligible.

According to quantum physics there are several universes running side by side. So it is possible that everyone is the true champion.
I like hats, they make me feel pretty.

Exactly, is that not happening? I'm confused on the confusion. I'm getting a pitchfork

Not every class has 5 that ran enough races to be eligible. Quite a few classes in the Moto Rev Series (Sunday) did not run 7 out of 14 events. So some classes aren't even listed.

For next year, we will make sure that we have some type of sign with that info at each track. I appreciate all of the opinions on this.

Back