OMA overall championships OPINION!

Go to you must run like 40% of races, and maybe you can toss out two of your worst finishes if you ran more races.

I know D11 and SW OHIO Series have always been a joke. The fastest guys are off running better races, doing OMA races, Battle races, etc. I know people that went to Treaty City over Chilitown, to collect SW Ohio points........that's crazy!

That's why I could care less about points. I am going to go to tracks and races that are decent and have fun. I will buy my own goggles or what ever it is you win. Usually stuff I don't want or need any way.

Just think, if the Browns actually showed up for every game they could be champions. Leave it be but I guess communicate it better. Lets not detract from the sport. Hitting 8 races out of 14 is easily doable. Way to many awards last year, the kid came home with 5 and I wasn't even sure how at the time. Do you really need a trophy to know where you stand at the end of the year? You either take it somewhat serious and hit the schedule or you stay home and rake leaves. Geesh! Even if my kid won overall in his class do I think he is the fastest of the class? No way. Quite of the few others are busy going to big events or training for them all over the country. But, at a grass roots level I think he earned his spot as well as the others. Now, the good stuff! Any of you blow hards that finished below me in points will refer to me as champ or boss. I rode very Dungey-like and just showed up. Consistency was my plan, wasn't planning on consistently last but it earned me 3rd and 2nd as the number 65! Bite me vet riders! Get off your walker and show up instead of keyboarding how fast you used to be. Lol.

Just funning my fellow bingo players. Boss out.

Truth there Jarrett, a man of your position should know the book. Admitting to it is what makes you a better man. Miss you already! See you in 14.

You didnt see him this year yet?

Dont worry Bill, Im confused too. The rule book specifically states 50% of races for a year end award. I guess the next time I get a ticket for speeding I will just tell the officer that I shouldnt get it because the speed limit sign didnt say I would.

I guess the next time I get a ticket for speeding I will just tell the officer that I shouldnt get it because the speed limit sign didnt say I would.

You mean you shouldn't get the ticket because you have read the codified ordinances or laws that regulate speed in that area.

You didnt see him this year yet?

Dont worry Bill, Im confused too. The rule book specifically states 50% of races for a year end award. I guess the next time I get a ticket for speeding I will just tell the officer that I shouldnt get it because the speed limit sign didnt say I would.
I'm always behind, just like on the track. Go fix a light bulb or something!

Hause.... I had no idea about the minimum race requirement either. I really got confused when I just looked at the points. I don't feel I deserve where I ended up just because I planned on riding a lot this year. Any one else who "benefited" from this rule feel the same? Recieving an award for just wanting to have fun each weekend is going to feel awkward.

Hause.... I had no idea about the minimum race requirement either. I really got confused when I just looked at the points. I don't feel I deserve where I ended up just because I planned on riding a lot this year. Any one else who "benefited" from this rule feel the same? Recieving an award for just wanting to have fun each weekend is going to feel awkward.
Dont feel that way Bro! You earned it! Its not easy hitting all those races. Its my own fault for not knowing. I had a blast riding with you this season and im glad you came out on top!

Dont feel that way Bro! You earned it! Its not easy hitting all those races. Its my own fault for not knowing. I had a blast riding with you this season and im glad you came out on top!
I'll bring a sharpie to the banquet and we can put the appropriate number on what ever award I get.

Ps.. Riding with you, nick, and all of our buddies definitely made this season the best one I've ever had

I certainly benefitted from knowing the rules, but I'm not going to apologize for it. I read the rulebook before the season started, and reviewed it a few times during the season whenever I questioned something. Am I the second fastest guy racing +40 class? Heck no. Not even close. But you have to be IN it to WIN it.
I am being rewarded for being consistent, and more importantly, being a supporter of the OMA. I knew and understood the rules and requirements BEFORE the season started, and that is MY responsibility as a participant in any event (life, included). Granted, communication from OMA could have been more clear and complete at the racetrack, but the rules themselves were crystal clear. It is not up to them to read you the rulebook at each race.
Living where I do, racing OMA isn't really the logical choice for me. CRA tracks are WAY closer. But I choose the OMA because I like how their series' are run, and the tracks, etc. I chose the OMA specifically because I can't (or don't want to have to) race 20 or 25 times a year. But I participate as much as I can, for myself, and for my sponsors. Having the minimum number of race requirement isn't anything new, so I'm a bit surprised some seem to be caught off guard by it. The requirement makes perfect sense, and is there to promote more participation and boost rider turnout.
I didn't 'buy' my way in, I participated my way in, in accordance with the rule book. If more riders had participated in more races, and I had finished outside the awards cutoff, then so be it. The most important thing is that I finished the season in the same number of pieces I started it in, and had a BLAST racing everyone in my classes along the way.

I certainly benefitted from knowing the rules, but I'm not going to apologize for it. I read the rulebook before the season started, and reviewed it a few times during the season whenever I questioned something. Am I the second fastest guy racing +40 class? Heck no. Not even close. But you have to be IN it to WIN it.
I am being rewarded for being consistent, and more importantly, being a supporter of the OMA. I knew and understood the rules and requirements BEFORE the season started, and that is MY responsibility as a participant in any event (life, included). Granted, communication from OMA could have been more clear and complete at the racetrack, but the rules themselves were crystal clear. It is not up to them to read you the rulebook at each race.
Living where I do, racing OMA isn't really the logical choice for me. CRA tracks are WAY closer. But I choose the OMA because I like how their series' are run, and the tracks, etc. I chose the OMA specifically because I can't (or don't want to have to) race 20 or 25 times a year. But I participate as much as I can, for myself, and for my sponsors. Having the minimum number of race requirement isn't anything new, so I'm a bit surprised some seem to be caught off guard by it. The requirement makes perfect sense, and is there to promote more participation and boost rider turnout.
I didn't 'buy' my way in, I participated my way in, in accordance with the rule book. If more riders had participated in more races, and I had finished outside the awards cutoff, then so be it. The most important thing is that I finished the season in the same number of pieces I started it in, and had a BLAST racing everyone in my classes along the way.
Well said! I myself would not have experienced tracks such as OIR or Chillitown if it weren't for the minimum race requirement. At the beginning of the year (after reading the rule book) I asked my son what he wanted to do. We had planned on running the ATV nationals but he decided to go to the whiney side of racing. I wanted to make racing legit to him not just a show up here show up there sort of thing. He chose baseball on Saturdays and racing on Sundays. Race day results is not the only thing I want my son awarded for, it's the dedication of practice, preperation, going to bed early on Saturday night and perfect grades in school. I personally don't mind if there is a minimum number of races as long as there is a cap like this year. CRA was assanine over the years, that's where you bought a championship by hitting 30some odd races for points, what a joke. Why should OMA have to award participants for racing one race? As I said, last year the kid got 5 year end awards. A couple he only raced 1 race, not legit in my eyes. He missed one ball game this year and 3 races and most important perfect grades. Maybe I'm the only one that read the rule book? Being new to bikes I had to to figure out these deuce bag classes. Oh, Congrats to all the national quad racers who received their awards last night at the banquet, I would have bet money that we would have been there this year but hey we got the OMA!

Back