A2 is the word...

Canard made a wrong move in such a tight turn however Reed intentionally ran into canard afterwards when he could have avoided him... Black flag a little too much but what can you do...i thought it was kind of funny how canard called Reed a big crybaby however especially since canard is usually a quiet type of guy

Love Tyler Bowers! He has grown up to be a really respectable man and rider. Brings A LOT!!! to supercross. Can't wait 'til next weekend!

But haven't watched 450 yet so lalalalala to all the comments.

Right or wrong I loved the emotion in the incident. A lot is riding on every race, money,points, personal achievement and injury. I'd be pissed too. I've been landed on and the first emotion is why and I wanna kick your butt. If Reed rode off without retaliating I don't think Trey would of been in any trouble from FIM. So Reed wanted to make sure he paid something. I thought it was very deserved and too much penalty.

Your right about the emotion Windtunnel...it is SO INTENSE!
We have to appreciate that side of the sport or none of us would stick with it the way that we do.

We can all point fingers somewhere trying to analyze the situation. We can point fingers at the refs...but do you wanna be in their position? It is a tough decision to be in. The hardest thing about looking past our self is objectivity.

For me...unsportsmanlike conduct doesn't change from grass roots to amatuers to the pros. Think about the overall message Chads behavior sends to little Johnny at home.

His actions (not disciplined) say it is ok to purposefully take out another rider after a "racing incident" occurs just because your mad about the situation. I certainly wouldn't teach a child that. Would you?

I have even come across parents that told their kid to take another kid out in our local scene. Shame on that parent.

If we all behaved like that in life...none of us would have friends or be mature.

The mature thing to do, would have been to keep racing and address the issue after the race is over with. That's what Reed is asking from the Ref's but didn't uphold that himself...especially as a team owner. Reed says the Ref's made an emotional decision, but so did Reed.

And comparing his actions to rough racing is apple to oranges. The tough passes are made going for positions. Reed made it personal when that wasn't the case. To say the AMA is getting soft is some what of a joke too...if that was case, then many riders in every season would be fined money and points at every race. We would also have to assume that the AMA has missed calls and made wrong calls too...is this one of them? That's a matter of opinion...the Ref is a matter of fact.

The only possible mercy I could see giving Reed is letting him finish the race, but that ended when Reed didn't give himself, Canard, or the officials that chance. Reed won't even own up to the fact that he shouldn't have thrown a punch when no punch was thrown to begin with. Reed is a sore loser and usually has been.

Why do people like Reed? I never figured that one out??? He has ALWAYS been a cry baby. He wants everyone to move out of his way, never thinks he did anything wrong when he takes someone out and you would think the sky is falling if someone dare touch him during a race. Regardless of who had what line, Chandelier clearly was going for the inside in the next turn and that is that. After crybaby gets the black flag he pulls Grant off.... "Im taking my ball and going home"... The "Bloke" needs to load up his "Sheila" and "Ankle biters" and move back to the land of Vegemite.
For sure the tracks are better this year. Better whoops and better layouts. Over 60 sec lap times are great. Still not a fan of all the rhythm sections that EVERYONE does the same but one step at a time...:)
The 450 main was a yawn fest. Aside from the Chandelier Vs. Craybaby purse fight it is boring watch someone gain .1 seconds a lap. Now the 250 main and Webb gaining 1 sec a lap was good... and WHERE did he make the move??? Through the whoops into a 180 degree (ish) turn... Man, it sometimes gets annoying being correct ALL THE TIME.

The black flag is bs. Gallagher needs to quit making calls as he sees it. Give them due process and make a decision after the race instead of crucifying a rider.

Hansen did the same thing in the same area of the track. Nobody black flagged him.

Furthermore that section sucked. Those guys are obviously going too hard to be able to predict if they're gonna dive down to the inside. Racing incidents become way more likely in that section.

He was black flagged for the obvious retaliation. It has nothing to do with the track, that section or D-Bag Hanson. If you take someone out in a racing situation then that's part of racing. Slowing down, looking back and purposely running someone off the track is retaliation.
The AMA not only did the right thing, they did it quickly. Only wrong I see with the AMA was letting Reed stay trackside once black flagged. Once he gets the explanation of the black flag he should be sent to the pits. If he wants to watch the rest of the race, BUY A TICKET and sit in the stands.

Yeah, I never really cared for Reed back in the day because of his cry baby attitude, but started to in the last few years because he started to show top speed again, I like rooting for the old guy, and he wasn't whining. Well, back to the drawing board. Who's the second oldest? ;)

What else about the race?

We have labored the Black Flag enough.

I am wondering who the title contenders will be now that we are three races.

Roczen
Canard
Tomac
Dungey
Barcia

Webb
Nelson
Bowers

I am really enjoying the depth. Someone mentioned the race being a yawn after the guys separated in the 450...I think that what makes it more intense in a way with many o these guys being so close. Only a handful have proven to be able ride through field in a bad start.

Almost the top 10 guys in 450 are within one second of each other for average lap times...that's something new to racing I gander.

Anybody seen anything about how Alldredge and Brayton are doing? Chris went for a whiskey throttle ride of a lifetime. Didn't see what happened to Brayton. I know both of them going down didn't help me in fantasy supercross any.

How about Andrew Short ? His crash looked bad and after a nice holeshot too .

I'm off the Reed bandwagon also . Originally didn't like him but thought that the team ownership , etc. had matured and changed him . Guess not . Short is now my " old man " hero . Wish Larocco was back in the game .

Dungey made much quicker passes , not necessarily more aggressive , just more committed and not as much following . My pick to take it all . I like Roczen but think his luck will change at some point ( not wishing him bad ) .

Have to be impressed with Short. What, 4 years ago Honda throw him on the junk pile and now he looks better then ever. The crash could have went way wrong but looked fairly benign.
Plus he appears to be a genuine nice guy. I hate everything about him...:)

Have to be impressed with Short. What, 4 years ago Honda throw him on the junk pile and now he looks better then ever. The crash could have went way wrong but looked fairly benign.
Plus he appears to be a genuine nice guy. I hate everything about him...:)
You crack me up...funny stuff.

That was a whiskey throttle of a lifetime for Alldredge. Yikes!

If Dungey keeps riding like he is with non-excessively hesitant passes...he will be in title contention. The hole shots have become more important than ever, most of these guys struggle passing through the field.

That's my reason for choosing the title contenders I did...the only guys that have been able to pass through the field thus far. With 14 races left for big guys...the championship is still wide open.

We are bound to great racing every race. I am baffled at Nelson's ability with his thumb being gone...that's tough stuff, or GRIT!

The champion of these series is not only gonna need consistency, but GRIT.

He was black flagged for the obvious retaliation. It has nothing to do with the track, that section or D-Bag Hanson. If you take someone out in a racing situation then that's part of racing. Slowing down, looking back and purposely running someone off the track is retaliation.
The AMA not only did the right thing, they did it quickly. Only wrong I see with the AMA was letting Reed stay trackside once black flagged. Once he gets the explanation of the black flag he should be sent to the pits. If he wants to watch the rest of the race, BUY A TICKET and sit in the stands.

Everyone who rides knows if you take a deliberate hit from someone, you're paying them back in the next corner. It's motocross form of the penalty box in hockey.

However, the hit wasn't deliberate, but when you're racing and you dive to the inside and find someone up your a-hole it gets you into a competitive rage as you fell in no fault of your own.

Hansen ran McElrath off the track............in retaliation for a bump. McElrath chopped the same tuff block.

Everyone who rides knows if you take a deliberate hit from someone, you're paying them back in the next corner. It's motocross form of the penalty box in hockey.

However, the hit wasn't deliberate, but when you're racing and you dive to the inside and find someone up your a-hole it gets you into a competitive rage as you fell in no fault of your own.

Hansen ran McElrath off the track............in retaliation for a bump. McElrath chopped the same tuff block.
I suggested moving past the black flag because it doesn't matter to us as for making a change and we are gonna look at it differently. But why not discuss it...

I say he shouldn't have gone after Canard the way he did, some say Canard deserved it, some say it wasn't a real issue, some bring up past incidents that weren't penalized, etc.

What is the real issue...not just the circumstances?

I see conduct of sportsmanship being the real issue. Where does the line get drawn? When is to far to far? How do you judge properly?

In further reading of this topic...their seems to be a growing concern of consistency in penalties and upholding the rules; and what defines unsportsmanship like behavior?

If you're driving 95 mph on Route 90 and cop pulls you over. He stops you for a brief moment, issues you a ticket in which you can contest. Then he allows you back on your way.

But I guess if you're driving 95 mph down the freeway to catch the guy that cut you off and you run him off the road, you may or may not be going back on your way.

Can't supercross implement a 15 second stop and go penalty and be done with it for retaliation? During that stop and go penalty they can issue the team a ticket, and they can contest it after the racing is complete.

If you're driving 95 mph on Route 90 and cop pulls you over. He stops you for a brief moment, issues you a ticket in which you can contest. Then he allows you back on your way.

But I guess if you're driving 95 mph down the freeway to catch the guy that cut you off and you run him off the road, you may or may not be going back on your way.

Can't supercross implement a 15 second stop and go penalty and be done with it for retaliation? During that stop and go penalty they can issue the team a ticket, and they can contest it after the racing is complete.
Georgie must be drinking again...not a very good analogy of the circumstances here...

I think the point the drinker is trying to make is regardless of right or wrong, the penalty took a major player out of our championship excitement! I call BULLSHIT!

Back