So, to round 4 we go yolo...

Scoob

PR Founding Father
No, I am not hip, but needed a word to rhyme other than 'yo'... ;) Time to see what goes down in Raider town... OK, I'll stop...before you pop. ;)

http://racerxonline.com/2015/01/20/animated-track-map-oakland
Rd04_Oakland01.jpg

http://www.supercrossonline.com/RaceDayLive/
http://live.amasupercross.com/
http://racerxonline.com/2015/01/20/phil-nicoletti-in-weston-peick-out-for-oakland

Interesting track. I like it when they are over 1 minute lap times and more tecnical. Things like a wall jump and obstacles that slow them down a little. Then they tend to battle bar to bar a little more. It should be a great race. I think Dungey and Tomac are due for a win, as well as Trey. They are all riding good but Roczen is creaping away in the points. He is riding great and consistant. #5 is riding great too but hasn't got the starts he needs to run up front like in his heat race last week. #3 and #41 have made big mistakes that have cost them a lot of points. Eli coming back and getting on the podium kept him alive in the points race, I think he is 5th. They all need to get in front of Kenny and hold him back a little and off the podium if they are going to have a chance. Barcia looked wild in his heat and semi. 4th is his best finish so far. Hope to see him get a little more controled and get up front. Webb is really coming into his own. He looks comfortable going fast, no problem running it in on folks and making the passes. Great races in both classes. Haven't heard a word on some that finished way back, Grant, Alessi. Of course Brayton broke his collar bone, Reed black falg which sucked. Go Dungey.

I think bowers will have his night this weekend. If Roczen keeps getting killer starts I don't see anyone besides Tomac thag can really challenge the german... Now only if JS7 was racing

I think bowers will have his night this weekend. If Roczen keeps getting killer starts I don't see anyone besides Tomac thag can really challenge the german... Now only if JS7 was racing
I hope your wrong...Dungey and Canard both have the speed.

I like what Carmichael used to say...by Daytona, you know who is in the fight.

It's going to be tough to keep Webb off his streak after coming from 16th and passing the other title contenders to take the win.

Racer X has been publishing some really good articles online. They get so in depth with race analysis.

http://racerxonline.com/2015/01/20/oakland-notes-package

Oakland Notes Package
JANUARY 20, 2015 1:25PM | BY: PRESS RELEASE

450SX Class Stats: Oakland
The first 450SX Class race held in Oakland was on January 18, 1979. Jimmy Weinert won the race on a Kawasaki.

This will be the eighth time the gate will drop for a 450SX Class race in Oakland. There was not a race in Oakland from 1984 to 2010.The championship returned to Oakland in 2011 and has not missed a season since.

There were three previous 450SX Class races in Oakland before 2011. In 1979 the Oakland supercross track was made of sand and Jimmy Weinert used paddle tires to earn the win. Paddle tires would later be banned from competition. In 1980 Kent Howerton won on a Suzuki and in 1984 Ron Lechein won on a Honda. It was his first ever 450SX Class race on a Honda.

James Stewart won two-in-a-row in Oakland in 2011 and 2012. Ryan Villopoto won the next two Oakland races in 2013 and 2014. There will not be any former 450SX Class race winners in Oakland this year, who will be next?

Since the championship returned in 2011, there has not been a rider to win in Oakland in both classes. Broc Tickle, Eli Tomac, Ken Roczen, and Jason Anderson all won the Oakland 250SX Class races from 2011-2014. They all are now in the 450SX Class and one of them could become the first rider to complete this feat.

Can Ryan Dungey give KTM their first 450SX Class victory in Oakland?

Jason Anderson could give Husqvarna their first win in Oakland.

450SX Class: Wins by Brand in Oakland
Kawasaki: 3
Yamaha: 2
Suzuki: 1
Honda: 1

450SX Class Recap: Anaheim
Roczen made his 24th career 450SX Class start and earned his fourth career 450SX Class victory. It was his 12th career 450SX Class podium.

Roczen has now won the first two Anaheim races of 2015.

Dungey earned his 59th career 450SX Class podium in his 86th career 450SX Class start. It was his sixth consecutive season with a second-place finish.

Dungey has gone fourth, third, and second in three starts this season. Is first next?

Eli Tomac earned his second podium of the season with a third.

Tomac became the 23rd rider to finish on the podium the week after his first 450SX Class victory.

Justin Barcia was able to grab his first top-five finish of the season with a fourth.

Broc Tickle rode his way to his first top-five since the 10thrace of 2014. It was his third career top five finish.

Cole Seely finally broke through for a top-10 finish after two consecutive 14th-place finishes. The sixth place finish he earned at the second Anaheim was his first 450SX Class top 10 since last season in Indianapolis.

Jason Anderson finished seventh for his third top-10 of the season. He is one of just three riders to have finished in the top-10 for each 450SX Class race. Dungey and Roczen have also accomplished this.

Dean Wilson earned an eighth-place finish. It was his first 450SX Class top-10 finish since Toronto last season.

Davi Millsaps cracked the top-10 for the second week in-a-row. It was his 88th career 450SX Class top-10 finish in 114 career 450SX Class starts.

Blake Baggett earned a career-best 10th-place finish. It was his first career 450SX Class top-10 finish.

After 173 career 450SX Class starts, Chad Reed was black flagged from the race after an on-track altercation with Trey Canard.

In 14 seasons with a 450SX Class start, Reed has finished on the podium within the first three races of a season 10 times. He has yet to make it to the podium this year.

Reed has never gone four races into a season without a podium, with the exception of 2002 and 2010 when he did not start the fourth race of the season.

Reed has had success in Oakland: In four career 450SX Class starts, he has three podium finishes. He finished third last season, 12th in 2013, and second in 2011-2012.

Not since 2006, when Ricky Carmichael accomplished it, has Suzuki had three wins in five races. Can Ken Roczen get three wins in four races for Suzuki? Roczen currently has nine consecutive top seven finishes dating back to Toronto in 2014.

Eli Tomac will be making his 17th career 450SX Class start in Oakland. He has never had three consecutive podiums in his 450SX Class career.

Justin Barcia will be making his 36th career 450SX Class start in Oakland. He has 25 top-five finishes in those races. His last victory was Seattle in 2013.

Broc Tickle will be making his 46th career 450SX Class start in Oakland. He has three career top-five finishes. The last time Tickle had back-to-back top five finishes were races nine and 10 in 2014.

Davi Millsaps missed all of 2014 with injury. In 2013 he had 15 top-fives and finished the last seven races in the top-five. Oakland has been good to Millsaps. In 2013 he finished third, in 2012 he finished seventh, and in 2011 he finished eighth. Kawasaki has won the last two 450SX Class Oakland races.

250SX Class Stats: Oakland
This will be the fifth time the gate will drop for a 250SX Class race in Oakland.

In the inaugural 250SX Class race in Oakland Broc Tickle won on a Kawasaki.

Josh Hansen, Zach Osborne, and Justin Hill are the only active Western Regional 250SX Class riders to have finished on the podium previously in Oakland

250SX Class Recap: Anaheim
Cooper Webb earned his second career 250SX Class victory in the second race of Anaheim. It was his fifth career 250SX Class podium in 12 career 250SX Class starts. He has 11 top-10 finishes in those 12 career starts.

Webb became the first Yamaha rider since Jason Lawrence to win back-to-back 250SX Class races on a Yamaha. Lawrence did it in races five and six of 2008.

Webb's victory was Yamaha's 86th 250SX Class win of all-time.

Not since Marvin Musquin did so in Daytona and Indianapolis in 2013 has a first-time 250SX Class winner won the very next race.

Tyler Bowers earned his third career 250SX Class podium with a runner-up finish. It was his eighth career top-five finish in 15 starts.

Hill earned his fifth career 250SX Class podium with a third-place finish. Hill now has 16 top-10 finishes in his 17 career 250SX Class starts.

Osborne earned his 10th career top-five finish with a fourth place in the second Anaheim. He was made his 33rdcareer 250SX Class start, which is third place among active Western Regional 250SX Class riders.

Malcolm Stewart has 35 starts. Hansen leads the active Western Regional 250SX Class riders in career 250SX Class starts. The second Anaheim was his 60th start.

Stewart made his 35th career 250SX Class start and earned his 13th career 250SX Class top-five finish with a fifth. He now has 22 top-10 finishes in 35 starts.

Jessy Nelson finished in sixth place in Anaheim. It was his 15th career 250SX Class top-10 finish in 18 career starts.

Hansen was able to pin down his 44th career top-10 finish with a seventh.

Tommy Hahn earned his 22nd career 250SX Class top-10 finish with a ninth-place finish. It was his 29th career 250SX Class start.

There was not a single Suzuki in the starting line-up for the 250SX Class Main Event.

I don't think Roczen will be a factor this weekend. He looks like a turd ever since he got on that yellow bike.

I don't think James Stewart will be on the podium again this weekend.

I'm almost as tired of hearing about the black flag as I am hearing about deflated footballs, and the middle school sexual innuendo jokes to go along with it. Adding gate to the end of something doesn't make it sound more dramatic or important. The only gate I care about is the one I'm pushing my bike into.

"Hansen leads the active Western Regional 250SX Class riders in career 250SX Class starts. The second Anaheim was his 60th start."
This is a main reason why I hate this d-bag. Just think, how many other well deserved kids got past over because that knit hat wearing ass clown will not move up to the big boy class. This is a Pro version of sandbagging. The one year he did move up he crashed his brains out EVERYtime he touched the bike and finished last.

And they start falling....Wilson, Brayton, is Short good to go this week? Wish MX season was before SX......seems everyone gets hurt in SX then miss the outdoors.

Remember there is an up side to the big guys getting hurt. It opens up space on the gate for the little guy to make the main and get his 15 seconds. Hurt for the season? That opens the door for fill-in rides that may never have the chance to ride a factory bike again. Best story of the night last week was Cade Clason making the main. Did you see how pumped he was? That was a night that he will NEVER forget. Had Brayton not dislocated his vagina, that moment for him may have never happened.
And you guys say I never have anything positive to say...HA

Sounds like Wilson is out for the season, went down at the test track yesterday, ACL and MCL is toast.

Wilson never looked that great on the 450 this year , said he even thought about giving it all up and getting a normal job .

Who fills in...?.?

Wilson never looked that great on the 450 this year , said he even thought about giving it all up and getting a normal job .

Who fills in...?.?

I thought he looked damn good on it at the red bull straight rhythm, just hasn't been able to put a solid race in yet. Like we've mentioned, field is so stacked this year.

Bowers will win. Him and Webb are gonna collide and webs gonna get punted off the track. Gallagher night black flag someone.

Roczen will be on podium again.

Back