Going to the Big D and I don't mean Dallas...

Vicki Golden is 54 out of 56 in qualifying. Not even close in speed. And if she were on the west coast it would be even worse. She better go race WMX

Vicki Golden is 54 out of 56 in qualifying. Not even close in speed. And if she were on the west coast it would be even worse. She better go race WMX

John259...why do you ALWAYS have problems with women trying to compete with men! I personally think it's cool and I'm guessing that these girls are just trying to push themselves to get better and race with the best just like any guy would..why not try to support them once in a while! It brings in new fans and sponsors to MX and gives some of the girls someone to look up to as role models and you just beat them down....

Golden never had a chance... I don't have a problem with women trying to compete with men. But there's a time when you need to realize that you don't have a legitimate chance. She has never even made it into a main for Arenacross and had a best finish of 13th in an Arenacross heat race. There's no way she was ready for supercross, and her qualifying times today reflected that. It's time for the PR stunt to be over, and her to go back to Arenacross. Hopefully today was her first and last try at Supercross till she has a legitmate shot at making the night show.

Golden never had a chance... I don't have a problem with women trying to compete with men. But there's a time when you need to realize that you don't have a legitimate chance. She has never even made it into a main for Arenacross and had a best finish of 13th in an Arenacross heat race. There's no way she was ready for supercross, and her qualifying times today reflected that. It's time for the PR stunt to be over, and her to go back to Arenacross. Hopefully today was her first and last try at Supercross till she has a legitmate shot at making the night show.

My thoughts exactly!

What about 55th and 56th? Why aren't we cutting on them and telling them to go home?

Anywho, Dungey looking tough. Never was a huge fan, but never disliked him in any way. More of a respect thing. Was going to say mutual respect, but he don't know Scoob...

Frenchie looked tough also. Cunningham shot laying on top of jump looked scary before red flag came out. Glad to see her was OK or at least glassy eyes open...

Sucks in a way. I was hoping for a close to 5 at this point in the SX season. Barely have a close top two. Still, anything can happen. Still many capable. Dungess can have a bad finish...

If they want to get serious about this road to supercross bullshit then they need to force these guys (and gals) to race the entire series and atleast score 2 points toward the championship. Otherwise get the eff out and go back to racing local A class.

The only road to sx that is happening now is bowers. And bowers dominated ax and is doing well in sx. If they want to make this a stepping stone series then get serious about it.

Make the ax national the stepping stone for sx and if you're not making mains in arenacross you go to AAA arenacross. The regional arenacross series. Until you can compete in the national arenacross series. Can't they be reasonable about this ???

What about 55th and 56th? Why aren't we cutting on them and telling them to go home?

It's nothing personal towards her, if anything blame the media for cramming it down our throat. As far as I'm concerned the other "guys" are on the same boat. I'm not knocking any of them, cuz frankly they would all straight outride myself. I wish I was as fast as them. But let's be real, if you want to be showcased at the pinnacle of this sport then you need to realize if you can't cut the mustard in arenacross then you aren't gonna make it in supercross.

I also pose a question, there are a lot of fast women motocross riders who race at the pro nationals. Why haven't any of them tried supercross before?! Seriously, some of these women are jumping most, if not all the same jumps the guys are and looking pretty damn impressive while doing it!

John259...why do you ALWAYS have problems with women trying to compete with men! I personally think it's cool and I'm guessing that these girls are just trying to push themselves to get better and race with the best just like any guy would..why not try to support them once in a while! It brings in new fans and sponsors to MX and gives some of the girls someone to look up to as role models and you just beat them down....

Worded perfectly. What if they never tried?

Back to the original topic……Dungey looked really smooth and consistent as always and I am pulling for him to win it all. It sure seemed like there were more crashes than normal, especially by lower digit riders. Millsaps crash was crazy!

Back to the original topic……Dungey looked really smooth and consistent as always and I am pulling for him to win it all. It sure seemed like there were more crashes than normal, especially by lower digit riders. Millsaps crash was crazy!

I swear, no one in professional motocross throws in the towel faster than Millsaps. Falls off the back of his bike from dam near a complete stop and just plain quits. I wonder if Collene teaches that technique down at MTF???

If they want to get serious about this road to supercross bullshit then they need to force these guys (and gals) to race the entire series and atleast score 2 points toward the championship.
I agree to some extent Porgie. I thought it was that way in that you needed to score so many points. I guess the reason for the AX first is to get them aclimated to the crowd, some better competition, etc. I dunno. Don't care really so much what they do as peeps will bitch about it anyhow...

I swear, no one in professional motocross throws in the towel faster than Millsaps. Falls off the back of his bike from dam near a complete stop and just plain quits. I wonder if Collene teaches that technique down at MTF???
Yeah, I think he took a pretty good shot to the head in that get off. It was freaking crazy though. Guess he got a little more traction than he tought he was gonna, eh?...

Last edited:
I have no issues with a woman in SX, if she is fast enough. I have more issues with the road to SX being a joke, and how she proves the point. I also believe if a woman is going to try, get the fastest one......and Vicki Golden is not the fastest one.

Just like Danica Patrick she is a PR stunt. Any man running a SHR car, with a Hendrick motor and chasis that basically finished last in points of cars that run every race on tne Nascar series would be out of that seat. She is a PR stunt also, and most drivers woukd tell you she does not belong in sprint cup....put her in a truck to get some expirience.

The road to SX should take the top 10 in AX points or something and allow them to move onto SX. And them take the top 5 in the amateur nationals or some thing...I don't know. I've watched SX practice and also know some local guys that tried SX in the past that did not belong out there either.

Chad Reed said all this himself. He was the only one that answered the question when Asked.

I disagree Scoob, Roczen took a good shot to the head. Gathered his composure got back on the bike and gave it his all like a true professional. Millsaps fell down, may have bumped his head and quit. But hey just like all those years at Honda, he is getting a paycheck either way.

Dungey keeps plugging along, another win. Where are all those people that said DeCoster should drop Dungey in the off season? I think roger has his man.

I think the last three weeks the most impressive rider to me has been Baggett. He has never been a great SX rider, and you can see real improvement in him. Best part about that is the fact that when they go outdoors I look for Baggett to be a threat.

Biggest question mark? Jason Anderson. Looked great first two weeks of season, now just another rider in the field.

As for the 250 class.....lack luster. Definitely not going to see the great racing we are seeing in the west I don't thing. I really wish the AMA and Feld would do away with the east/west 250 series and just make it one 250 class. It woukd be an awesome series if that were the case.

Kinda reminds me of (mark) burkart back in the day, he would qualify for main events and Nationals and would get a shitty start and just quit and throw in the towel... Millsaps doesn't deserve the ride he has, he's mediocre at best now.

Back