82 SJ - B.jpg

Samich D-5-12 "12 string
12 string -A.jpg

12 string B.jpg

Samich J-2 Jumbo
J 6 -A.jpg

J-2 B.jpg

Last edited:
First thing I did when moving my girlfriend(now wife) in was take her trumpet back to her parents attic. Im not sharing her mouth with that nasty horn of satan

Mike, that was my buddy Joe the drummer. He also wants to jam again. I have a band/motocross shop at my business. We need to got the band back together..

The Fender Tele I have is the USA built version and is a fender custom shop guitar.
I like it cause it is a narrow neck. Sounds great for hillbilly stuff.
I have a fender strat that is more suited to classic rock, but the neck feels thick and wide to me.

Very nice Mike! That twelve strong has to be tough to pick? I've never really played one. Never run across a lefty
I was gonna get a twelve string but was annoyed trying to tune it at the music shop..

I have a Sammick acoustic in the moto home and an electric sammick at the bike shop. Nice guitars.

Very nice Mike! That twelve strong has to be tough to pick? I've never really played one. Never run across a lefty

Like anything else you learn to play it. Kind of like when you mentioned in you're earlier post on difficulty playing acoustic guitar, you just have to keep at it and in time, it comes.

Nancy actually bought me the 12 for Christmas one year. I had been looking at and goofing around with 12's in the music store but just wouldn't pull the trigger. When I first opened it up, I didn't know what to think but realized immediately this is a beautiful guitar. Then I played it and again was blowed away by the tone and sound.
A short while afterward I went and bought the Jumbo 6 to relieve some of the wear and tear on the Yamaha which is on it's way to needing fret work.

First thing I did when moving my girlfriend(now wife) in was take her trumpet back to her parents attic. Im not sharing her mouth with that nasty horn of satan

Three of our four kids were in band in school. Anthony played the Trumpet and wasn't too bad. When they grew tired of being in band, I tried to open their eyes to alternatives of just playing in the school band and the possibilities of "other" types of music for their instruments. But it wasn't cool anymore and they all gave it up. Wish they would of stuck with it cause they had good training and could all read music.

In those days you were either a band geek or a jock. I was a Frock...part freak and part jock. I snuck into band to play (there were some hot chicks) for symphonic band but quickly ditched those kids for sports until of course I got too cool for almost everything.

This is a cool thread...why don't you guys all get together and play at one of the Battle races! I think DMX153 is a drummer, get him too!

Did not know any regular open chords. I had a piano theory background and read and wrote music for trumpet. Never had heard of tabs or even known any of the chords I was playing. I played by ear on the guitar with no formal training. I got into Church I tried out for the band . I had to know keys and chords and played slowed leads and stuff I am not used too. I love it. It is very satisfying to play music and not be doing a crazy solo all the time. I have learned to appreciate more is less.

Clearly though your music background outside of guitar has benefited you. And I'm quite sure that just playing with the other band members at your church regularly is improving your playing skills and knowledge.
In the past I've had periods that I was very focused, particularly when working to learn a method or a certain song, and usually followed by less focused periods where I would just pick up the instrument and just run through the stuff I knew how to do, then put it down until next time. But now my whole mindset and approach has changed. My guitar time is more structured, disciplined, and with clearer goals and objectives. And it's paying off. I'm tired of just being a hack at it, and it's time to accomplish some things that mean a lot to me on guitar.

I also want this to be a rich part of my grandkids childhood going forward. Not to get phylosophical, but music is important to life.

I played solo and duo acts for years, gave it up for kids and Motocross. I am getting invited back to play out again. I can even get my Put-n-Bay dates back...
So in the next few months I found a bass player, we are brushing up on some material.( my stuff is old....)
I will make sure I post when and where. The Caribian Cowboy in North Royalton wants some Friday dates. (This guy wants all country so I had to get some more stuff together)

This is a cool thread...why don't you guys all get together and play at one of the Battle races! I think DMX153 is a drummer, get him too!

Ha ha,
Funny you mentioned that. I was just thinking to myself this morning that Bernard is a drummer too ?????? I was at his house buying a bike and saw his kit and questioned him about playing. Thought of posting but decided to leave that to him.

Youtube.... learned some songs on there. Also found out not all lessons on Youtube are even close to correct!!

We can do a Pitracer celebrity jam at the shop studio!

JO would start shooting at us if we started rocking out!

I played solo and duo acts for years, gave it up for kids and Motocross. I am getting invited back to play out again. I can even get my Put-n-Bay dates back...
So in the next few months I found a bass player, we are brushing up on some material.( my stuff is old....)
I will make sure I post when and where. The Caribian Cowboy in North Royalton wants some Friday dates. (This guy wants all country so I had to get some more stuff together)
How in the world are you going to have time to play out? 3 AM trips home and the like ....you are a trooper. Maiden trooper!!!

OH, IAMRIZ is one hell of a musician, he and I used to host a jam night in brunswick every week. what a blast that was!

How in the world are you going to have time to play out? 3 AM trips home and the like ....you are a trooper. Maiden trooper!!!

When you do a duo thing it is usually 8 to 11 or 12 and tear down is quick. Also it would be a thursday or friday thing.
I really gave up playing out and just started doing jams like we did for Supercross.

Lets do a Supercross jam at the shop! New PA and Drum kit on the way..Double bass

For those about to "ROCK"!!!!!!! I will make sure Joe the drummer is there. Dude can sing too!

Back