Who here plays guitar?

Any pics of a young Beenridin in full rock regalia - crazy hair , studded leather bracelet , earring , etc . ? C'mon Mike , we would all like to so that .

I was never in band or played any instruments in school . Bought an acoustic guitar when in my 20's ( which I still have ) but never really put the effort in to learning how to play it because progress seemed so slow . Can't truly read music . BUT , at the age of 55 ( 56 on St. Patrick's Day ) I just bought a harmonica and started playing around with it last month . Liked it so well that I bought one in another key and have more on order . Am having a blast and really enjoy practicing and trying to learn new stuff ! Amazing harp tabs online that teach you to play songs without knowing how to read music . Don't know ( or actually care ) if I'll ever get good enough or have the balls to try and play in public . Just having some fun .

There you go! Practicing in my bedroom in full out OSU sweats!!!
Remember I'm a buckeye!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Any pics of a young Beenridin in full rock regalia - crazy hair , studded leather bracelet , earring , etc . ? C'mon Mike , we would all like to so that .

I was never in band or played any instruments in school . Bought an acoustic guitar when in my 20's ( which I still have ) but never really put the effort in to learning how to play it because progress seemed so slow . Can't truly read music . BUT , at the age of 55 ( 56 on St. Patrick's Day ) I just bought a harmonica and started playing around with it last month . Liked it so well that I bought one in another key and have more on order . Am having a blast and really enjoy practicing and trying to learn new stuff ! Amazing harp tabs online that teach you to play songs without knowing how to read music . Don't know ( or actually care ) if I'll ever get good enough or have the balls to try and play in public . Just having some fun .

There is always an acoustic in my moto home. I can play in any key you need...

The older I get the more I pick up on awesome Harmonica parts in songs that I never really realized were there, and by prominant well known bands. We have several at the house also. Developing some good harp skills is on my to-do list. I believe that well played Harmonica parts, can literally make the diference between success and failure of a song.

Great pic , Mike , and though it has been a while , the last time I saw you most of that hair was still with you ( I on the other hand ......) .

First songs I had to attempt were Billy Joel's , Piano Man and Neal Young's , Heart of Gold - classic harp pieces . Now am trying Petty's , Last Dance with Mary Jane . Tons of songs have harp intros and bridges . Also make great alternatives to horn pieces like in War's , Low Rider and Cash's , Ring of Fire . And of course you can do a passable train and train whistle .:)

Alright you are in the first pitracer band ! It will start next thanksgiving. That is the start of jam season
For me. This time of year I am ramping up for moto!

I'm late to the thread, but I play guitar and drums as well. It's nice seeing so many moto guys into music. I currently play in a cover band in the Youngstown/Warren area Keep it up dudes.

I'm late to the thread, but I play guitar and drums as well. It's nice seeing so many moto guys into music. I currently play in a cover band in the Youngstown/Warren area Keep it up dudes.
Factory Forrest has a band too. So quite a few pit rockers on here

Just saw the thread. My story. Thought I'd ride moto forever. Was nearing retirement and dreamed of riding off road, camping etc. 2010, broke my leg in the woods on my last lap of many laps all day. It had been my second big injury in two years so to keep peace in the family, I sold my bikes. Plus I needed the money because I couldn't work. Dr. says stay home on the couch for a month after surgery. I was very depressed, couldn't work, couldn't ride, sold my bikes. My brother called and said I have something that might cheer you up. He came over with a bass guitar and amp. He is a guitar player and said, "you've always wanted to play and said you didn't have time. Now all you have is time." It changed my attitude and life forever. I jumped into it and loved it. I have been playing for 4 years now. It has replaced the feeling I got riding mx. When I'm playing ,like riding, I'm in a zone. Total concentration and focus on what I'm doing. Any time my mind wonders from what I am doing, I mess up. Some may say it's an escape from reality. I'd have to agree with that some what. My brother and I have a two piece garage band and play at least once a week at his business. He jumps from guitar to drums. We have a pa system and try and sing occasionally. We have a drum set ready to go. We enjoy having different musicians set in with us. We play classic rock, grunge, and so on. I live near Oberlin and wonder if any guys would like to jam. I want to get better and the only way is play more and with people that are better than us. I have told many injured riders that don't play music that they should give it a try. It has a lot of similarities. Rock on, Mark.

I now have a full set up at home. The kids are starting to jam with me. And a new PA and set up at my shop. 15,000 square feet, sounds cool!
I have not bought a second drum set yet for the shop ,but that is the last piece.

there will be a Pitracer jam one day...

Back