Who here plays guitar?

For those about to "ROCK"!!!!!!!

That was the tune I asked Kyle Wolfe at Action Sports to use to my 2014 GP racing video. Turned out awesome. Him and brother Ryan done a really good job with that.

So doing solo's and duo's is some pretty serious stuff. Your playing has to be pretty good to withstand the public-audience scrutiny. As well as a lot of self confidance.

You have to also be able to talk and kid around. If you get 1 or 2 into whats going on you can make it fun.

Kind of like the bike stuff that I've had forever, I've had my 1960's round badge Gretsch drum set even longer. Even after 50 years I still can't play the things. I do set them up and make some noise every few years. I'd leave them set up if not for all the wife's Longaberger basement storage space. But that was part of another thread unrelated to the subject.

All of you real musicians should get together.

I'm no musician but as a player I'm chewing on this Supercross jam session idea. It's a very tempting idea, problem for me is this is our big overtime season working weekends. And I've got five bikes yet to buy parts for and prep for racing. But I know I would enjoy it and would grow from the experience.
It would depend on timing I guess, cause it's 2 1/2 hrs one way drive.

Last edited:
You have to also be able to talk and kid around. If you get 1 or 2 into whats going on you can make it fun.

Having some personality would help. My personality strength has always been in repelling :D

Would you do covers or your own material, or what the establishment required or preferred?
What music and guitars did you enjoy most.

Dano:
I am a jazz trumpet and keyboard guy.
Played keyboard in bands through college - mostly pop stuff Billy Joel, Elton John, Styx, Doobie Brothers, Eagles, etc. not much death metal. Also played a lot of jazz trumpet in Texas - North Texas State was a jazz hot bed.

You don't miss this at all?
Some of the greatest songs from bands/rhythm sections are a partially result of awesome keyboard work.

Last edited:
I have a couple originals.. I mostly do covers. There are a few that you get burned out on. Brown eyed girl margarita vile...... I like eagles, Kenny Wayne Shepard, Eric Clapton. Country. But when someone makes a request it sets the tone for the night. I have a hundred or two songs in my head to bust out.

Unfortunately been riding is all hard rock and I know just a few of his hundreds.....but...it is fun trying!

Having some personality would help. My personality strength has always been in repelling :D

Would you do covers or your own material, or what the establishment required or preferred?
What music and guitars did you enjoy most.

Dano:

You don't miss this at all?
Some of the greatest songs from bands/rhythm sections are a partially result of awesome keyboard work.
We have an old piano so I still have it to play. Kinda hard to put in the truck.

We could meet near Columbus and drive north from there for a Supercross jam session. It would be a blast.

But when someone makes a request it sets the tone for the night. I have a hundred or two songs in my head to bust out.Unfortunately been riding is all hard rock and I know just a few of his hundreds.....but...it is fun trying!

Kind of a funny story, my daughter was picking up our granddaughter yesterday afternoon at the house. Showing me a pic of there new puppy on her iphone, tells me it's name is "Lola". Seriously? I replied... ( I'm thinking of the line of names of granddaughters Lili, Eli, and now Lola).

So my daughter looks at me and tells me the story... " You know that song came on the car radio the other day and I started to sing it to Lili, and it's really like the first time I ever listened closely to the lyrics... she says is that song what I think it's about???
Yea, actually a true story of one of the band members (the Kinks). " Oh I've always loved that song", she says.

So anyway, they leave and I'm thinking...... I need to get the Tab on that tune so I can play it... It's always a really fun song to sing!

I Googled it, and also YouTubed so I could get the rhythm in my head again. After supper went to work on it in the music room and within about 30 minutes I had the chord changes down while singing the tune. It's super easy to play and a lot of fun. I thought Yeaaaaaaa! The only thing is the song intro is done on Banjo, but you can still wing it closely on guitar. And it did get me thinking that I might want to grab up a Banjo sometime cause a lot of my favorite old rocker songs have unexpected Banjo parts in them.

Just thought I would share the story, was pretty cool to me.

We could meet near Columbus and drive north from there for a Supercross jam session. It would be a blast.

Yea, definately a good time, and worthwhile trip.

We'll I looked at her and she at me, that's the way that I want it to st ay cause I know
what I am and a man I am is and so is Lola!

Lola is a tranny. FYI.

We'll I looked at her and she at me, that's the way that I want it to stay cause I know
what I am and a man I am is and so is Lola!
Something like that.
Lola is a tranny. FYI.

hee hee,
Kind of jars your gears a little when you've been tapping your foot to and humming the song your whole life and then one day you realize what the song is about. :eek:

Great song none the less.

---------------------------------------
I met her in a club down in North Soho
Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like cherry cola
See-O-L-A cola.

She walked up to me and she asked me to dance.
I asked her name and in a dark brown voice she said, "Lola"
L-O-L-A Lola, lo lo lo lo Lola

Well, I'm not the world's most physical guy,
But when she squeezed me tight she nearly broke my spine
Oh my Lola, lo lo lo lo Lola

Well, I'm not dumb but I can't understand
Why she walk like a woman and talk like a man
Oh my Lola, lo lo lo lo Lola, lo lo lo lo Lola

Well, we drank champagne and danced all night,
Under electric candlelight,
She picked me up and sat me on her knee,
And said, "Little boy won't you come home with me?"
Well, I'm not the world's most passionate guy,
But when I looked in her eyes,
Well I almost fell for my Lola,
Lo lo lo lo Lola, lo lo lo lo Lola
Lola lo lo lo lo Lola lo lo lo lo Lola

I pushed her away. I walked to the door.
I fell to the floor. I got down on my knees.
I looked at her, and she at me.

Well that's the way that I want it to stay.
And I always want it to be that way for my Lola.
Lo lo lo lo Lola.

Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls.
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world,
Except for Lola. Lo lo lo lo Lola.

Well I left home just a week before,
And I've never ever kissed a woman before,
But Lola smiled and took me by the hand,
And said, "Little boy, gonna make you a man."

Well I'm not the world's most masculine man,
But I know what I am and I'm glad I'm a man,
And so is Lola.
Lo lo lo lo Lola. Lo lo lo lo Lola.
Lola lo lo lo lo Lola. Lola lo lo lo lo Lola

Well this thread got me fired up. Got on craigslist last night and low and behold I now own a fender telecaster. Just found a cheapy china town one to see if I like fenders, then maybe in time get an american. Ill post up some pix here later.

But when someone makes a request it sets the tone for the night. I have a hundred or two songs in my head to bust out.

That's impressive!

For me it would be:
Request anybody?....... Hmmmm. I don't know that one. Next! ..... Hmmmm. I don't know that one. Next! ....... Hmmmm. I don't know that one. Next! ......... Hmmmm. I don't know that one. Next! ........ Hmmmm. I don't know that one. Next!...... Hmmmm. I don't know that one. Next! :confused:

Johnson millennium 4x12 cab 100 watt stereo tube head.
Fender American standard Hendrix white on white with tex mex stacked humbuckers . Custom tone mod.
Line 6 floor pod for traveling light.
Les Paul cherry sunburst lefty.
1981 fender strat Japanese vintage lefty.
Ibanez prestige 24 fret with Floyd rose lefty.
As well as a fee others

So Beenridin, whats the story on the Ovation acoustic-electric you have pictured, how does it play?

Many times you may not know the song, but another song from that artist or something close. At least it gets a type of music they like, and then it will turn out they actually like some of the same music you play..

Just get all the Metallica albums some Randy Rhodes , mix in a little maggot brain and I'm all in !!!!!

So the the mood is spiritual and peaceful, the congregation is engaged and pleased in the morning's service. And Beenridin and the church band is on stage delivering beautiful melodious hymns. And Mike with his Ibanez in hand, could soooooo easily,..... reach down, turn up that volume knob, and hit the distortion pedal, and then Wamo out comes Maggot Brain power chords..... We all have our Demons ! :D

"Now here is an instrument that is capable of spewing forth true obscenity, you know? If ever there's a obscene noise to be made with an instrument, it's going to come out of an electric guitar!
Frank Zappa

So the the mood is spiritual and peaceful, the congregation is engaged and pleased in the morning's service. And Beenridin and the church band is on stage delivering beautiful melodious hymns. And Mike with his Ibanez in hand, could soooooo easily,..... reach down, turn up that volume knob, and hit the distortion pedal, and then Wamo out comes Maggot Brain power chords..... We all have our Demons ! :D

"Now here is an instrument that is capable of spewing forth true obscenity, you know? If ever there's a obscene noise to be made with an instrument, it's going to come out of an electric guitar!
Frank Zappa
OH YA!!!! I did get to play Money by Floyd in church!!!

Back