MXGP Starts This Weekend

Saw on vital too good not to share

Screenshot_2015-02-27-17-07-52~01.png

Ryan hasn't raced since may in lv supercross. He had major knee surgery two weeks later. Every single rider wants to beat the "america". The same group of riders who have smoked us at the Des nastions race for the past few years. Ryan has alot of work ahead of him. I think he can do it for sure and I hope he does.

I've gotta say I have never been a huge Potto fan, but I am rooting for him. There is no way he is going to decimate the competition though. AC222, Paulin, and a few others are way too fast. Plus you have to add in that these guys are familiar with most of these tracks and the lifestyle that comes with travel to all these countries in such a short amount of time. It is going to be a sharp learning curve. Did anyone else see that they already cancelled the Brazil round due to finances? They still haven't decided where that race will be held yet. It would be sweet if a USA track could step up and host that round. I'd be there for sure.

Ryan hasn't raced since may in lv supercross. He had major knee surgery two weeks later. Every single rider wants to beat the "america". The same group of riders who have smoked us at the Des nastions race for the past few years. Ryan has alot of work ahead of him. I think he can do it for sure and I hope he does.

Don't use his knee surgery as an excuse. The dude has been training for months. It's silly of someone to think RV will just show up and dominate... It's a totally different style, the tracks, the traveling, soils... It's just different. I hope AC, Desalle, Paulin waxes RV.

Don't use his knee surgery as an excuse. The dude has been training for months. It's silly of someone to think RV will just show up and dominate... It's a totally different style, the tracks, the traveling, soils... It's just different. I hope AC, Desalle, Paulin waxes RV.
Hating on RV? Ur letting the vital crazies get to you. I have not heard one interview from RV talking down the competition. He's been very humble. Like others have said it's not a cake walk those dudes are fast and he's on their turf and them tracks aren't perfectly groomed USA tracks for sure... Slow and steady he'll get there I still feel he's got a better than others shot for the title

If any American has a chance at beating the furriners at their own game it is RV ( Like others have stated , I also was never a big fan but respect his capabilities ) .

This harkens back to the days when I was a kid and excited about our riders trying to compete with the Euros . Along those lines , who remembers who was the first American to win a GP and who won the first world title and on what bikes ?

Qualifying proved only one thing - RV has his work cut out for him. A mediocre start,
then dicing with guys like Searle (who chopped him off a couple times). Only
passes they showed RV making were over jumps, that won't work over a season
on MXGP tracks.

If anybody can do it it's RV but I wish he had committed to two years. This year
is going to be tough.

Spoiler Alert, Don't look if you don't want to know. Max Nagl won both motos on a Husky. RV 9-8 motos. Stalled at the first start then went down. Fought back to 9th.

Was mildly surprised by today's finish by RV. Didn't expect a win but he probably had some serious jitters I bet... Considering a few mistakes his finishes were good but hopefully he gets back into race shape fast those guy's are quick on the other side of the pond

Yep , Pomeroy on a Bultaco and Lackey on a Zook .

RV's performance was subpar for him and had uncharacteristic mistakes . He'll do better .

Had forgotten how wide the GP tracks can be and was surprised that they were racing under the lights . Never heard of a world GP under lights but haven't been paying attention to them for a long time .

Had forgotten how wide the GP tracks can be and was surprised that they were racing under the lights . Never heard of a world GP under lights but haven't been paying attention to them for a long time .

Only Qatar. Too hot (or potentially too hot) during the day.

I almost refuse to believe RV stalled his Kawi off the start. As many starts as these guys practice it's second nature. Has there been any report of any mechanical issue?

*disclaimer* I'm not blaming the fact he was off the lead pace on a mechanical.

I haven't followed these races much either. I'd hope what we saw wasn't your typical MXGP track. What a nasty, drab venue. At least all that bright gear gave the video coverage some color.

I almost refuse to believe RV stalled his Kawi off the start. As many starts as these guys practice it's second nature. Has there been any report of any mechanical issue?

*disclaimer* I'm not blaming the fact he was off the lead pace on a mechanical.

He said electrical issue. And gate falls different over there

Having been to a few of these, it was not an atypical track, though a weird time of day.
Tuetshcenthal, Namur, Lommel, Matterly, even Unadilla, all are similar in that they are big old,
not maintained (during the weekend), rough race tracks. Wait till you see the sand tracks.

Vilepotato has his work cut out for him (I can't say that enough).

Back