Presidential Election 2016

Strouble

PR Addict
Hello Folks.

I started this thread for three reasons.
1. I want to be an educated voter.
2. Our vote matters.
3. This historical event is important to each of us.

Yes, it's a long ways off...but this topic is starting to creep into center stage. Hopefully we can have open conversation on here.

As of right now...I am really hoping Ben Carson will choose to run, not sure I would vote for him yet. He seems to be grounded in the constitution and really seems to have a heart for the people. I like the fact he is not in politics. Yes, prolly a hit to foreign policy...but he can also hire the right team of advisors and a VP.

Personally, their is no structure to this topic other than being OPEN to any opinion, no matter how opinionated it may seem. I am seeking a mature discussion/debate. After all...none of us are running in the election, but our vote matters and we can/should educate ourselves. I am personally hoping to gain much perspective from this thread. I am taking this election more seriously than I ever have.

We can/should learn from each other.

Last edited:
It's such a depressing subject nowadays that most dread the coversation I'm thinking.

You'll be bombarded with campain rhetoric AND LIES soon enough. In fact Hillary has never stopped campaining and I can't stand the sight or sound of her. It's still a dominantly two party system, and the 2016 election won't change that. So it's going to come down to Hillary and whoever the GOP pukes up. (probably Bush III )

God help us all if the GOP nominates Bush III. Where is the common sense party? Both sides have sold us down the river so bad that I honestly believe we are beyond recovery. My other belief that I feel very strongly about is that there will not be an election in '16. There will be a catastrophe of some kind and Obama will declare Martial Law leaving him in place for who knows how long. With all he has gotten away with it would not surprise me in the least.

Jarrett, I appreciate that you want to be an educated voter because most are not. It's really quite simple.

"The Government doesn't want informed well educated people capable of critical thinking. That is against their interests. They want obedient workers, people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork, and just dumb enough to passively accept it"- George Carlin

You know the old saying "If you don't vote, you have no right to complain." Until it changes to "If you receive a government handout you have no right to vote." The system will continue to suck. I have missed ONE election in my community in the 27 years I have been eligible. Everything from Presidents to Police & Fire levees, to city council and additional funding for "city beautification" Its all a bunch of crap. Nothing changes but the faces behind the title.
Pretty much the only rule of thumb I go by now is to NEVER vote for the incumbent. Give the next lying, backstabbing, sellout a chance. (Unless its Hillary, then just write in Mickey Mouse)

It's such a depressing subject nowadays that most dread the coversation I'm thinking.

You'll be bombarded with campain rhetoric AND LIES soon enough.

Yes, it is a depressing subject...mainly because I reckon that for the ones who do actually see the potential of an ill fated future feel helpless in the situation. We also feel very detached from the sort of "American Dream or Values of Old." We feel as if we are losing everything and all we can do is watch the ship sail.

BUT...the positive to this, is that we the people are waking up to all this and really starting to take a keener look again back into our American Values and what is unfolding before our very eyes that may surely end in the erosion of the America we love completely. This negative, and frankly evil tidle wave against American heritage and values of old is actually inspiring us to reach our hands into the filth and throw it out. Our votes matter.

So...we don't have to let ourselves be weighed down by the evil...we can look into our social issues and discern what we are looking for in a leader.

Personally, I have been critiqued by some for being to patriotic or to passionate or to enthusiastic or to kind or to forgiving or to friendly or to outspoken. Granted, I have had to learn some lessons along the way. But, for the last 5 or so seasons, I have had the honor of raising the American Flag at Malvern. Every time I am up in that tower with a birds eye view...my eyes get watery and I am filled with emotion.

I feel like the older generation is just plain worn out and doesn't want to delve into what seems a hopeless cause. But...just as being up in that tower and looking around, and then stepping down to eye level with kids, we have a responsibility to them and really each other. That is why we should take an honest look at this.

If we give up in our own homes, than surely all is lost.

God help us all if the GOP nominates Bush III. Where is the common sense party? Both sides have sold us down the river so bad that I honestly believe we are beyond recovery. My other belief that I feel very strongly about is that there will not be an election in '16. There will be a catastrophe of some kind and Obama will declare Martial Law leaving him in place for who knows how long. With all he has gotten away with it would not surprise me in the least.

Jarrett, I appreciate that you want to be an educated voter because most are not. It's really quite simple.

"The Government doesn't want informed well educated people capable of critical thinking. That is against their interests. They want obedient workers, people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork, and just dumb enough to passively accept it"- George Carlin
Love the George Carlin quote.

I'm a Bible believer. I mention this not to bring attention to myself, but to the facts...the Bible is unfolding before our very eyes.

I don't doubt for one second that something catastrophic can happen that people in high places will use to further their agenda...we know that happens. They powers that be are probably hoping for that, if not instigating such things deceptively. Very scary.

I don't know if anything can be done at this point, but I am not giving up. But what can I or we do at this point? For starters...educate ourselves and develop our character as individuals. Then reach to those around us.

This is the major reason I sold my bike and have changed direction from employment in motocross. I love our sport and the people in it...but with my personal convictions, it's time to move on. Motocross is not going to shape our future.

I will be back as friend and fan...but I am taking accountability for my personal choices based on my personal convictions and going in the direction that is eternal and present with our current circumstances as individual citizens and a nation. Motocross is not worth developing enemies or dealing with the catastrophe of which gate should drop first.

But America, our lives, our freedoms, the people, our eternity...I will not hesitate to have enemies if the cause is just.

What will we do?

You know the old saying "If you don't vote, you have no right to complain." Until it changes to "If you receive a government handout you have no right to vote." The system will continue to suck. I have missed ONE election in my community in the 27 years I have been eligible. Everything from Presidents to Police & Fire levees, to city council and additional funding for "city beautification" Its all a bunch of crap. Nothing changes but the faces behind the title.
Pretty much the only rule of thumb I go by now is to NEVER vote for the incumbent. Give the next lying, backstabbing, sellout a chance. (Unless its Hillary, then just write in Mickey Mouse)
First...thank you for being apart of the fabric in your community.

I feel your sense of defeat. Most of us feel this way. But, instead of stamping our feet, lets perhaps flare our nostrils by voting and being grounded in the constitution and gjve the ones after us something to follow rather than attitude of turning our backs in defeat or laying down because we are weary.

This is why I really hope Ben Carson runs...at the least, I discern he will be a breath of fresh air. He will surely be a salmon swimming up stream.

Cant say that I ever heard of Mr. Carson but from what I read he "sounds" like a good guy. A true conservative would be nice.

I am personally waiting on Rand Paul.

Agree that it is disheartening. I am hopeful but also realistic. I tend to oversimplify but look at it like this.

We have passed the tipping point; more people expect to be taken care of than are willing take care of themselves. Until that changes, nothing will change.

I am trying with all my will power not to engage in this thread! ha ha. most on here know my feelings.
I almost want to give up on owning a business, but I am too damn stubborn to give in!

Sooooo, for now I will lurk. after this post that is.

No pay tax, no vote. I like that thought.

What can you do? Practice your 2nd amendment rights heavily.
Yes. I plan to become a gun owner this year. Gonna start off with a pistol and get a CCW. But I want to practice the 1st amendment. I would choose civil disobedience first. "Revolution" use to be an unspeakable word; now it is not that far fetched of an idea.

Cant say that I ever heard of Mr. Carson but from what I read he "sounds" like a good guy. A true conservative would be nice.

I am personally waiting on Rand Paul.
Rand Paul is another possible vote for me. I don't know much about him yet. I am hoping for a true conservative also.

Dr. Ben Carson would for sure make an excellent VP in my early presumptions.

Ya know...another reason for selling my bike, I want to live the change I want to see. I can be debt free in about a year in a half, that equals no bike for me. I bought one because I "desired" one so much. Then after I got one...everything changed.

Yes, like dmx153 said...learn about Dr. Ben Carson.

Knox, educate yourself on Dr. Ben Carson. He's not a "politician"....yet.
We also feel like the notion of one person being able to rise from the shadows and become President is no longer possible; and we also doubt that a person will or can stay true without making some political compromise to further a personal agenda as opposed to the agenda set forth in the Constitution.

With Dr. Carson being 62 and a studious man, along with his life experience/story, and his initial motivation to run for President...I have "early" faith that he can be someone that doesn't sell out.

Dr. Carson was asked "Why are you running? We thought you wanted to retire?" He then responded something close to "Yes, my wife and I were looking forward to retirement; being able to do all the things we couldn't while we were raising children and my large dedication/commitment to the hospital. But now I have grandchildren, I want better for them."

I believe him so far.
I am trying with all my will power not to engage in this thread! ha ha. most on here know my feelings.
I almost want to give up on owning a business, but I am too damn stubborn to give in!

Sooooo, for now I will lurk. after this post that is.

No pay tax, no vote. I like that thought.
I look forward to when you and others decide to join in.
I am emotionally distracted/frustrated/angry/broken too by all of this...but I am conscientiously choosing to let that emotion be motivation rather than a weakening objective perspective. But, I also think it is impossible to have true objectivity without real passion for the right things...such as the people, our constitution, and our country.

I was real impressed with Netanyahu's recent speech to congress...that man loves his people.

Last edited:
If I didn't have kids I would not care as much. I would just find a way to beat the crooks. But having kids I have to find a way to change the system. Or do my part to help change it. But how?
Voting is not enough. We need to stop enabling them by legally.

I would love to see a president that is a no nonsense guy that is not a "politician". I truly don't care what party he/she is. We need someone that will stand up to congress and to the two parties. I think the biggest problem we have in this country is the 2 party system because they refuse to work with each other. At this point, I truly don't think it matters who the president is as much as it matters what congress does. Congressmen are mostly cheaters and crooks on a power trip that hold the party line. It's impossible to do what is best for the country when it is run by people that can't even do what is best for their own family.

I say this to anyone that will listen: When this country declared it's independence, our leaders were truly doing what was best for this country. I don't think I need to list all of the events that lead up to that point, but you get the picture. From that moment forward though, it has slowly faded away into what we have now. A bunch of self-indulgent and egotistical idiots leading a country of uneducated and uninformed even bigger idiots (us). That's why I like this thread. At least there are some people that still care about their future and that of their families.

Ben Carson, eh? "People go into prison straight -- and when they come out, they're gay."

I'm really looking forward to what sort of wacko republiwads come up with that will guarantee
Hillary wins even though she's totally screwed up. The entertainment value will be off the
charts.

I've lost my optimism over all of this. Like Dano, I've become a realist.

America as our forefathers saw it, is being sold out to the highest bidders!

Agree that it is disheartening. I am hopeful but also realistic. I tend to oversimplify but look at it like this.

We have passed the tipping point; more people expect to be taken care of than are willing take care of themselves. Until that changes, nothing will change.

I've lost my optimism over all of this. Like Dano, I've become a realist.

America as our forefathers saw it, is being sold out to the highest bidders!
I hear ya...my feet are on the ground as being "real." We very well may have reached the tipping point or past the point of no return. This is a very real reality and could possibly be absolute.

The country was pretty much split down down the middle the last two elections...we can infer that others are out there who are awake to this evident erosion of our constitution and decaying moral fortitude for selling out to personal gain or comfort.

But...I will not lose hope or optimism in our constitution or the people until I am dead, even if I am the last one standing. Yes, it's a struggle to keep our head above water...but we have to swim.

I would love to see a president that is a no nonsense guy that is not a "politician". I truly don't care what party he/she is. We need someone that will stand up to congress and to the two parties. I think the biggest problem we have in this country is the 2 party system because they refuse to work with each other. At this point, I truly don't think it matters who the president is as much as it matters what congress does. Congressmen are mostly cheaters and crooks on a power trip that hold the party line. It's impossible to do what is best for the country when it is run by people that can't even do what is best for their own family.

I say this to anyone that will listen: When this country declared it's independence, our leaders were truly doing what was best for this country. I don't think I need to list all of the events that lead up to that point, but you get the picture. From that moment forward though, it has slowly faded away into what we have now. A bunch of self-indulgent and egotistical idiots leading a country of uneducated and uninformed even bigger idiots (us). That's why I like this thread. At least there are some people that still care about their future and that of their families.
Right on man...for many reasons. Yes, I don't care what party...I care about the man...his character. No nonsense and common sense is exactly right. Absolutely correct about that if a man can't lead his own home, how can he look after his country.

I also sense that after the two world wars and the Great Depression...we the people became somewhat complacent and stopped being involved or in tune with direction of our country...and then here we are with the rug seemingly pulled out from beneath us.

It's a sad notion to realize that a person who truly stands for the right policy or change will or could be over run or taken out...assassinated.

This world thrives on evil. Evil thrives in this world.

If I didn't have kids I would not care as much. I would just find a way to beat the crooks. But having kids I have to find a way to change the system. Or do my part to help change it. But how?
Voting is not enough. We need to stop enabling them by legally.
Voting is a great start...we should still believe in the constitution, it is still in place. Getting others to vote is a great start. We the people need to raise our voice.

Revolution is a last resort. Civil War is a last resort...sadly, these are not all that of uncommon thought these days.

To bring America back into the right heading will require us to give of ourselves beyond enjoying our Sunday BBQ's. We have to get some skin in the game. It may cost is our very lives.

Ben Carson, eh? "People go into prison straight -- and when they come out, they're gay."

I'm really looking forward to what sort of wacko republiwads come up with that will guarantee
Hillary wins even though she's totally screwed up. The entertainment value will be off the
charts.
Well, he surely has a clear stance. His point was backing homesexualtiy being a choice. He later apologized for his context of statement...his stance didn't change, but his objectivity opened up. He basically later said that he does not know every individual case and apologized.

Give the guy a break...he is a fast learner and so far...shoots straight. He had the courage and humility to correct himself. How many "politicians" hold themselves accountable? Dr. Carson just did.

For me...in my limited/not fully developed thoughts...being gay is a choice. Aside from any particular belief; just the physiology of humans and many inhabitants of creation are designed to reproduce by male and female. I do think that a person through genes can be born with stronger sexual tendencies towards the same sex. But in the end...if a person realizes our nature...they should seek the opposite sex. I also do not support gay marriage.

I have no problem being around someone who prefers the same sex. I don't agree with their lifestyle. I won't pounce on them, but if they ask me...well, that's my answer at 29. I would also be willing to talk with them, I wouldn't shun them.

Immigration...if you cross our border illegally...your going back to where you came from. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Also...when did such social issues as gay marriage or abortion become such important points to an election...crazy!

I am also for life. I do not support abortion...even in the worst of cases. If a women that was raped...I would encourage her to raise the child. I can also see how a woman would have the emotions of not wanting the child or not being able to care for the child. Every child deserves a chance to live. If we make the wrong choices as adults...then you have consequences...but not in the womb.

These social issues of sexual orientation and abortion weren't even around when our country was started...as far as I know,at least not near as much of a stronghold as these two issues hold nowadays upon the influence of election.

Last edited:
Back