Ryan Dungey's title to lose ....

JB_519

PR Addict
Who are these "top guys" you guys are talking about?? Are they the ones that crashed out trying to race on the same tracks that Dungey has been winning on? LOL, what a bunch of BS, LOL

@stein943 ; I agree it's BS , I was just saying its BS most announcers and writers have to bring up other contenders are hurt , or just do to rv2 overseas , etc . Hell if I had a unlimited budget and a SX team rd5 would be the rider of choice . He is the class of sx for sure and has skill to go along with it .

owndjoo

PR Member
Well, it's true.... When he won the last title, no Carmichael, no Stewart, no Villopoto, Reed got hurt as well. Here he is again, winning after Stewart is barred, Roczen is out and Villopoto left.

I dont' dislike him, he is smart and consistent. Just my own observation

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
The last title he won, Villopoto was in the SX series until he crashed out (right in front of Dungey) and broke his leg. It's not Dungey's fault when others get hurt and are out of the series. If you look at all of the SX years, there has never been a year when all of the preseason favorites have made it through un-injured. It's part of the game in SX and being able to complete a season injury free is just as important as being able to win races when you are talking championships.

Even the GOAT had SX injuries and didn't line up for all the races when he was racing and missed competing in a season here and there. You can say whatever you want about Dungey, but he's one of the best riders in the world and has the individual wins, Championships, and trophy case to prove it. He isn't as dominant as Villopoto or Carmichael, but he's right there with anyone else. He is one of the few riders to beat Villopoto straight up in his prime in races and in a championship series, whether Villopoto gets hurt is not Dungey's fault.

John250

PR Founding Father
Well, it's true.... When he won the last title, no Carmichael, no Stewart, no Villopoto, Reed got hurt as well. Here he is again, winning after Stewart is barred, Roczen is out and Villopoto left.

I dont' dislike him, he is smart and consistent. Just my own observation

Rocket said it very well.

As for the comment about Bubba. When was the last time that Bubba was seriously in the fight for the SX Championship? In my opinion, he is a rider that can win on any given night but for several years now, he has not even been in the championship talk. He cant keep it on two wheels or healthy enough to talk about championships.

The ones that say Dungey only won because this or that, or so and so is not there......Well, guess what? Dungey is there, he is racing, he is consistent, and he is getting wins. He is representing KTM, FOX, Target, and Red Bull at the front of the pack. In my opinion, there is a reason he is probably the highest paid SX/MX rider in the world right now.

hershey

PR Elite
GOAT GOAT GOAT ...... He doesnt have s**t on the KING of SX! Why bring up the GOAT if we are talking SX? He is 3rd on the all time SX list.

John250

PR Founding Father
Dungey is 9th in all time wins and 4th active. Bubba, RV and Reed have more all time wins active.

MxFreedom33

PR Elite
Dungey has been on it.. But honestly, come on .. Would he be where he currently is in points if RV, KROC, and 7 were lining up every week?

hershey

PR Elite
Chad Reeds favorite saying ????

Got to be in it to win it!

Again, I believe Dungey teaming up with Aldon Baker will be the death blow for all others the next couple seasons if they stay together. Its the little extra edge he needs to be the top guy he has been missing.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
I mentioned the GOAT as the single best rider on the planet ever, he is the bar to which all other racers are measured against now. You never heard anything about the GOAT winning titles when others were hurt…… people were saying that the GOAT would lose an outdoor title when Bubba got to race against him outside before Bubba actually got there. Guess what, most years Bubba got hurt and wasn't in the racing for the Championship yet no one says if RC wouldn't have won if Bubba was healthy and on the line every week. That's part of this game for the riders, being there to get points week in and week out and win the Championship. RC won every outdoor title contest he entered for the complete series. The only one he didn't win was when he was semi retired and riding only half the events on his farewell tour……. and that doesn't count as a loss.

And Yes, Kroc is out with injury, but hurting himself in a hasty decision isn't Dungey's fault. Kroc was in this series and took himself out of it. Dungey is the best we have at the moment in SX, it's clear by the points standings that he is the top dog.

I agree, Villopoto and McGrath were more dominant SX riders than Dungey. Outdoors, RC, Bubba for one season, and Villopoto were more dominant that Dungey there too. But Dungey is in elite company when talking titles and wins for a racer and you can't take that away from him no matter what.