Ryan Dungey's title to lose ....

Check out the numbers on Bubba here. His average finish in 450 MX in a 7.9, and average finish in 450 SX is a 4.7. Average finish overall is 5.0 for his career. He did MUCH better on the 125 for sure. Numbers don't lie. He had TWO good years on the 450. 2007 and 2008. Other than those seasons, 7 and 8 years ago, his results are not that great in 450 competition. So how does anyone really think he would ever dominate either again?

So how does anyone really think he would ever dominate either again?

So John, the reason is that when he is on, he is on. Typically fastest lap in qualifying in both SX and MX. The thought is, if he can just ride without crashing, he can "dominate". Heck, in the 125's half the time he fell down, got up in last, and still won... He just cannot do this in the top class. I think he's faster than most if not all in the premier class, just not that much faster where he can come from the back of the pack and still when.

You can throw all that data at us you want, but you damn well know the dude is faster than most and when he keeps it upright, he's the favorite. We'll see come out doors what he has left. Age isn't on his side so much anymore. He has to be more focused these days if he wants to contend for a title. That's what I'd like to see out of him.

How about RC? I wonder what his numbers look like. Can you get those? or was it a pain.

I bet you McGrath was pretty dominant. He kind quit on top as did RC. I think anyway.

Does that mean racer x is a JS7 hater too? Seems anyone liking Dungey is accused of hating on everyone else.
I say this half joking, but seems it is always the same debate. Maybe JS7 fans are just frustrated or disappointed
I know I wanted to see him kick butt on the Suzuki .

Ask any Browns fan, I am almost embarrassed to have season tickets. Just waiting for something good to happen.

Lol.... the only hater on here is John259, he has a passion for HATING Bubba. He lives to try and grind his name in the dirt.

I dont hate on RD5, I just think he is boring to watch ride. He is what people say, a little slower but very consistent and that gets him the victory this season. But on the flip side that is the only reason he has lost championships too. He is kind of like Chad Reed was for a bit there, always the brides maid and rarely the bride. Reed was always accused of only winning because others were out.

I still think RD5 will be the total package next SX season and beyond if he stays with Baker. I think he will get the extra push to be a bit more aggressive and hard charging without going overboard.

I'd like a run down of the pro numbers from the fastest 40 in since 2003.

Then you'll see why it's possible for bubba to dominate once more comin off an angry and starvation like suspension. He's hungry. Nomnomnomnom.

LOL......I am NOT a hater. Hate is a word that is not good. NOT a fan..........and more than anything, there is NOTHING like an anti Bubba thread to get a board going!!

I was not trying to give John250 ammo to use on Vital and start a war over there, I was merely trying to use statistics of SX season finishes since Dungey and Stewart started racing together to give a perspective of what usually happens in SX. Dungey has been more consistent for the series than Stewart every year - Not a big surprise there. But it might be a surprise to some people that Stewart has never beaten Dungey in Points since the 2 have started racing together for a series. Let's take a look at MX racing now to see how they compare there:

2014 - Dungey 2nd 514 points raced every race, Stewart 9th 226 points - Missed 4 races (8 Motos)
2013 - Dungey 2nd 507 points raced every race, Stewart 5th 289 points - Missed 1 race (2 Motos)
2012 - Dungey 1st 580 points raced every race, Stewart 11th 163 Points - Missed 6 races (12 motos)
2011 - Dungey 2nd 514 points raced every race, Stewart Did not finish top 20 in points
2010 - Dungey 1st 543 points raced every race, Stewart Did not finish top 20 in points

* - Remember that there are 2 motos worth 25 points each in MX, so each race is worth 50 points Maximum and if we give Stewart full points for every race missed, he still never beats Dungey. 2014 he gets to 426 maximum if he wins all 8 motos missed. 2013 - he gets to 339 points maximum if he wins both missed motos. 2012 he gets to 463 points if he wins all 12 missed motos. Every season he is still behind Dungey if we give him the maximum benefit of the doubt for injuries and missed races.

Again, Dungey has been very consistent in lining up and gathering the most points for the season year after year that the 2 have been racing each other. Is he as outright fast on any given day? Probably not, but there is a story as old as the earth between the tortoise and the hare in a race and it seems that Dungey is strapped with the tortoise reputation, while Stewart is the Hare. The tortoise is winning the wars over and over again, simple as that.

The best races I've ever seen were between Stewart and RC when RC was the king of MX and Stewart was trying to dethrone him as the new kid in the big class. Those battles were EPIC and we can safely say who won that war can't we? RC! And I wouldn't say it was because RC was faster then Stewart, I'd say RC was smarter and more methodical about making sure that he won more often than not, as the fastest rider doesn't necessarily win the race.

I just like to see guys battle it out at the front of the pack for wins, those are the most exciting races in my book, and Stewart has always generated excitement when he's going for it - all or nothing attitude. He just hasn't been in the Title hunt for quite some time, which is why I wonder about people saying that if he was racing, he'd be winning the title. I just don't get that mentality.

Yea there's nobody battling their brains out for the wins. They're just checking out. Boring to watch. Heats semis and lcq are more intense to watch in my opinion.

Once again, the second time in a week. Rocket Robin has the post with the MOST common sense in a long long time.

How many dominating, undefeated seasons would James have had if not for injuries, crashes and bike problems? The 2004 motocross season was one to watch as he put it to the four strokes on his 125. I think only one moto lost after a crash and broken bike at Red Bud. I got to see him at Troy that year. The amazing things that he could do with that bike, what an impressive talent!

Maybe it has already been said here but has Dungey ever looked better than he does on the new KTM? He has always been consistent but he just looks so in sync with this bike. Boring to some maybe but I enjoy watching cool and smooth on the track. What fun is it to see the top racers discover their limits in series contention ending crashes? If more raced for a title with consistency, we would see better racing for an entire season.

Bubba had good years on the 125...once he moved to the big bikes, is when he started having issues.

Some guys like Dungey, Windham, Bayle, Bailey.......they ride so smooth that it never looked like they were going as fast as others, but were hauling the mail for sure.

Yeah, the Dunge just looks calculated everywhere on the track. Even when the guy makes a mistake it doesn't really look sloppy. His fundamentals for sure are equivalent to Gary Semics.

If a...woulda...shoulda.... If you crash you lose.

Wanna play the woulda game? Take away a late start by RD5 cause bike would not run, running out of gas, a couple flat tires, gas cap falling off.(Pit stop for fuel race) and RD5's numbers get way better.
None of those issues were RD5's fault, team faults and bike.

That GOAT verses JS7 race is crazy fast...they were not giving up!!!!

Hell if we are playing the woulda, shoulda, coulda game...........I won every single race I have raced in since 1982. Damn, I was awesome, just had some bad luck and decisions.

Back