Ryan Dungey's title to lose ....

haha, that's funny Hershey. Yeah, I was watching the race Saturday and the little piece they did on Bubba. Definately sad to think the boy only has 3 titles I think it was, but is like second or third in SX wins...I can't remember exactly. He is so way more talented than that. If he just could get used to the fact he's no longer able to wax everyone every weekend, lap up to 2nd, and just ride at 85-90%, he could compete with anyone and in most cases win the race and/or the title. Of course, time/age is not on his side to some extent, but let's see what next year bring... #whosnext :)

He is not beating the too crop right now riding 85-90%.......no way. And I am guessing Dungey is probably the highest paid motocross rider in the United states. So I am not buying bubba is making more these days either. Not unless he is paying himself a huge salary as sponsorship from seven. And even seven gear, what do you see......maybe one guy on a race weekend wearing it.

And I am guessing Dungey is probably the highest paid motocross rider in the United states. So I am not buying bubba is making more these days either.

Wrong, not even close.

http://www.redbull.com/us/en/motorsports/offroad/stories/1331646699975/top-10-earners-sx-2014

1. Ryan Villopoto
Purse Earnings: $103,790
Estimated Bonus Earnings: $640,000
Estimated Total Earnings: $743,790

2. James Stewart
Purse Earnings: $96,305
Estimated Bonus Earnings: $605,000
Estimated Total Earnings: $701,305

3. Ken Roczen
Purse Earnings: $70,250
Estimated Bonus Earnings: $315,000
Estimated Total Earnings: $385,250

4. Ryan Dungey
Purse Earnings: $66,025
Estimated Bonus Earnings: $260,000
Estimated Total Earnings: $326,025

RD5 net worth is aprox 8 million and JS7 is about 18 million.

JS7 bonus earnings were more than double RD5, that means he has more/bigger/better sponsors. You cant hardly talk about SX/MX racing without hearing about JS7, its marketing and sponsors pay big money for that.

I'm not anti Bubba at all, he's amazing on a motorcycle and sometimes there are things that only he can do on the track. He is very creative on the bike and making things happen on the track that no one else seems to be able to see or come up with which is a pleasure to watch. He is also a bit erratic and hits the ground pretty hard when he goes down at the speed he races at. He's shown time and time again that he can't crash and not get injured and miss races over the course of a SX and MX season. So that makes him one of the more interesting riders on the track, possible winner always, and possible injury too…… If he could keep it on two wheels, he certainly would have more championships to his name. But there is always that "could have, should have, would have" ideas for everyone out there.

IMO , Dungey only rides 85-90% . That is why he is so consistent and lasts a whole season . Yes , in the interviews he always says he gave everything on the track but I read that as everything he was Willing to give . He is too smart to ride the ragged edge all the time . That is why I said a long time ago that this young man may just rewrite the record books given time and barring fluke injuries .

Stewart on the other hand has never figured out how or when to back it down a notch . A good number of his major crashes he was all by himself , either leading or pushing to catch up . He tries to ride that edge the whole race .

Poto reminds me of RC quite a bit . Both are( were ) talented , fast , and strong but their competitive drive is what set them apart from the rest . They know when to back it down and when to push the limit . I started to not like RV as much later in his SX career as it seemed as if he pushed more and more and got away with things a bit too much . It caught up to him eventually .

I had a buddy that raced harescrambles with me when I was younger . He had a 175 KTM that he kept pinned from the start on . Way faster than me . A couple of laps in I'd go by him sprawled out on the track . " You OK ? " , he would give a thumbs up , maybe be scuffed up and bleeding a bit . A few laps later I would hear that KTM coming ; bouncing off trees and rocks with the throttle pegged he would fly by . A short time later I'd find him and his bike augered in again . If he kept the crashes to a minimum and didn't bust himself or the bike up , he finished OK . When he didn't crash , which was rare , he won his class and he even took an over-all if I remember right . I finished better than him regularly . After a couple of seasons of this , as he was loading his busted bike on the trailer and I was bringing my trophy ( marble and plastic of course ) back to my van , he looked over at me and shook his head . " You lucky SOB , you know I can dust your ass anytime but you ride about half fast and get trophies when I don't get sh!t ! " . He never learned the lesson but unfortunately the nickname was born . I had come to HS from MX and my first year of it I crashed a lot and made some enemies from being a bit aggressive . Learned to back it down , stay on two wheels , and finish . I could go what my buddy called " half fast " for 2 solid hours , even went ironman for a four hour HS once and trophied .

Wait till JS7 pulls 3rd gear starts! then we see who wins the championship.

Rocket, quit confusing the issue at hand with facts! It screws up the whole thread!

OMG ... you guys are so uptight. Who gives a crap about wins, money and championships???? JS7 is fun to watch do his thing. If its a 24-0 outdoor season, a jump section no one else will do, passing everyone or even crashing his ass off.

Hershey if you want to see wrecks, go watch demolition derbies! I prefer to watch racing!

Like Danica????

Admit it jack ass, JS7 is the most exciting rider to watch normally. 2013 MEC was one of the best races ever, ole RV2 on the ground trying to jump like JS7!

Hey......I never said I did not slow down for a train wreck too, lol. Bubba is always good to watch. You never know what's going to happen!

2014 - Dungey - 2nd, rode every race 304 points, Bubba - 4th, rode every race 272 points
2013 - Dungey - 3rd, rode every race 337 points, Bubba - 10th, missed last 3 races 174 points (Give him 3 wins, and it's only 249 points)
2012 - Dungey - 3rd, missed 5 races 257 points, Bubba - 7th, missed 6 races 178 points (Give him 1 win and it's only 203 points)
2011 - Dungey - 3rd, rode every race 328 points, Bubba - 4th, rode every race 301 points
2010 - Dungey - 1st, rode every race 363 points, Bubba - 20th, Missed 14 races 51 points
2009 - Dungey - Rode 250SX class, Bubba - 1st, raced every race 377 points

Sheesh. Nice compilation. Sort of damning info if you're a bubba fan like me.

I posted Rockets numbers over on vital for shits and giggles. Nothing like a Bubba thread to get the bubba fans fired up over there, lol.

John, you owe me 30 minutes of my life back. Wow, I am glad I only read stuff in here.

They love the Bubba over there.

Hey I do not have an account on Vital so reply to the video post where Bubba does the wheelie down the back of the jump. Saying he has skills and write, "I saw Ronny Mac do that 100 times better"

I wish Ryan wouldn't pass into the lead until 2 to go like he used to. Now it's a great race for 7 laps then I turn the channel or start heading to the parking garage.

Does that mean racer x is a JS7 hater too? Seems anyone liking Dungey is accused of hating on everyone else.
I say this half joking, but seems it is always the same debate. Maybe JS7 fans are just frustrated or disappointed
I know I wanted to see him kick butt on the Suzuki .

Ask any Browns fan, I am almost embarrassed to have season tickets. Just waiting for something good to happen.

Back