Chillitown roll call!

Ok so how much rain did you get down there today? Is it going to be a rutted knarley track tomorrow or premo conditions?

A little birdy told me that if the vets elect to not run their motos that we settle our differences with a beer chug competition in the 7th row from the gate at high noon. Just load up randy. What else ya gonna do? The cliff is closed!

So much for adults driving pit vehicles. One trash can down.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 352
Yeah, assuming rain stopped around 5:30. Debating when we're leaving in morning and if we're going to chance taking trailer with bad wheel or just go with bike carrier... Thought came to mind it will be Kenworthy's practice, just hoping for the same for moto. Regardless, we should see you there...

Yeah, assuming rain stopped around 5:30. Debating when we're leaving in morning and if we're going to chance taking trailer with bad wheel or just go with bike carrier... Thought came to mind it will be Kenworthy's practice, just hoping for the same for moto. Regardless, we should see you there...
WTF? Scoob, we leaving at 5:30. You are closer so you could leave at 5:31.5.

It was raining pretty good at track when we left at 2:30. It rained at my house until about 5:30. It will be interesting to see what we have in the morning.

I had to laugh about the pit vehicle thing when we were there. I was not there about 15 minutes and a kid about 12 went buzzing by. I am not even sure why they say anything about pit vehicles, that is the least enforced rule in the OMA rule book.

I am driving 82 MPH........and leaving at 6:41 AM.

I won't race a mud race if nobody is on the gate. But I prefer racing mud motos actually. I pray for rain at qualifiers and regionals. Always have.

But racing a mud fest with 3 people on the gate....thats when it isn't fun. LOL. Hope the turnout didn't suffer today. Because up at TVLand there isn't a cloud in the sky.

It was raining pretty good at track when we left at 2:30. It rained at my house until about 5:30. It will be interesting to see what we have in the morning.

I had to laugh about the pit vehicle thing when we were there. I was not there about 15 minutes and a kid about 12 went buzzing by. I am not even sure why they say anything about pit vehicles, that is the least enforced rule in the OMA rule book.

I am driving 82 MPH........and leaving at 6:41 AM.
I looked for you and your son and no sighting, were you guys there on Sunday?

Chillitown was awesome as usual! The new section was a blast and it was great meeting John Lilly and Chris Saplak. I'm already looking forward to next time

I looked for you and your son and no sighting, were you guys there on Sunday?
We were there. Matthew raced, I did not. Mud, ruts and a blown disc in my back are not a good combination when its already sore. He raced and I saved myself for Briar Cliff in two weeks. Will need to look you up at the next race your going too.

Did meet another new Pitracer, Reed Simpson. Nice guy.

Was great day, although a pussed out in pulling the trigger on the rollers/whoops.

Got there around 8:10. Needless to say sign-up was busy and I missed practice. I was not all that upset as I doubt I would have rode it anywho...

Moto 1- Vet 30: Track seemed to be coming around, but was still a little wet. First turn spash covered me and goggles with muddy water... First two laps were faster paced sight laps anyway, started to get some mojo the third, then Gibby lapped me a little before the finish. We talked about this before the moto. He yelled, I yelled back and all was good other than I just came up short in passing dude in front of me without the other lap. Told Gibby about that as well. ;) Didn't matter anyway, he was in Vet 30 C. I was waaay back. Not last by couple 3, but a lot of fast A guys and a few B guys in the class.

Moto 2- Vet 40: Got an OK start, was riding pretty well, looking to make a pass on the inside...misses the run. Short legs made it a little difficult to get going again in last. Passed a few for a respectable finish. I was feeling decent.

Moto 3- Vet 30 #2: Don't recall a lot on this one other than those damn rollers/whoops. I tried testing it and pounded myself a few times through them. Damn the double, double, double...thingy looked so damn easy. Just pull the trigger Scoob...nah. Pumped up lap 4 at one spot better than first moto...

Moto 4- Vet 40 #2: Poor start. Pull the trigger on the rollers/whoops? Nah. Pounded myself to another 7th. Backed off last lap. Could have maybe got guy in front of me if I would have charged to the finish, but I wanted to finish the day on two wheels and the fat was starting to take over... ;)

Was a great day. Moto was good. Saw old friends (thanks Ray for making my scooter sound mean again and BTW, I had my rivet gun, but catching up was worth the cash :)), made a couple new ones. Not too much to complain about. Definitely dusty second motos. Was some sort of debacle leading into second set of motos to water, but did not and ended up wasting about 15 minutes there. Didn't need a lot of water and was thinking in some sections a quick run over with the disc, etc. would have been sufficient. Was still a little moisture in there... Nonetheless I got out of Dodge around 6:30 (didn't wait for 40+ results) and headed down the road. Only squad run I knew of coming in as we were leaving. Saw the equipment on the track as we headed to State Route 23. Stopped at Rooster's in Roundtown to fuel up and got home around 9:10. Long day, but worth it.

Thanks Chilitown. 'Twas a good day.... :)

Oh, looking forward to round 2 at BC. Hoping JO doesn't put in any rollers/whoops. ;) I know the tractor driver pretty well though. I may have a talk with him if he does...

Also, looks like a Spring and Battle Series season for me. Round #1 of the battle is interrupting the end of our annual Silver Lake trip and round 2 is competing with Vet Fest, but looking to make both. See you at the races... :)

Not sure what was going on in scoring, someone new or what....but a CTMX guy looked at me, and made comment "they are struggling". Has to be tough when they have stagger starts with 40 in two separate classes on the same track. I think that is some of the issues. In my opinion, they are an example of where two many classes such is all the sudden an issue. They have such a large turn out, that it causes stresses on the workers and scorers.

They made an effort, but it just seemed like they were trying to get through that second set and get done.....don't blame them with what was going on this weekend. Always a great promoted event.

I think we can all agree, It is time for transponders.
If we run classes together (which I agree we do need to) then it is a no brainer. I bet there are 6 or 7 ladies that sat in a tent all day yesterday that would agree with me.

Someone, anyone. Tell me HOW did that track dry out that fast? Yeah I heard the story of the gravel pit underneath but we are talking 9 inches of slop mud to primo rut dirt in an hour of practice. WOW. Track crew worked hard and this guy appreciates it.
512 bikes was UNBELIVEABLE given the conditions on Saturday. Ohio MX is back baby.
Reveille at 7am was the perfect way to start the day.
Go Army, beat Navy

Oh, would not be me without a few suggestions
1.Transponders.
2. Im sure the quad guys liked it, but why did they practice last when they clearly should have went first.
3. Don't run 50's that early in the mud.
4. This is not just for Chilli but all tracks. Man we need a training method for yellow flaggers. Not watching down the track, not in the correct position, not assisting a downed rider when it was clearly time to do something other then wave the flag. Its great the people do it but we can train them how to do it right.
5. Maybe it is time for a better announcer. The guy is OK but when you have a set-up to send it out over the radio, it would be nice to get a little play by play. (besides the A class)
6 Transponders.

I forgot.
I know I talked to at least 15 different "vehicles" Piloted by 7 to 11 year olds. I would first ask, Are you 16? = No, Do you have a pass for that thing? = No. I would tell them to park it and even try to follow them to there pit to give a "slight correction" up side the parents, head but not ONE would listen. Just look at you like F-U and keep going. I am asking all promoters of tracks that I will attend this year to give me permission to shoot.

We were there. Matthew raced, I did not. Mud, ruts and a blown disc in my back are not a good combination when its already sore. He raced and I saved myself for Briar Cliff in two weeks. Will need to look you up at the next race your going too.

Did meet another new Pitracer, Reed Simpson. Nice guy.

Likewise John - great speaking with you & your son yesterday! Look forward to seeing you guys @ BC!

Back