Growing our Sport ?

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I think that practice fees aren't limiting growth, it's the price of bikes and the fact that stick and ball sports have become year round and are way cheaper.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Do you mean having separate times just for the little guys? I hope so, I was out of town this past weekend and missed the race I want to see your place. A 50 only practice time and you will earn my money. That's the ol' carrot dangler

We are talking c track. The big track we occasionally do mini bike sessions that are 85cc and down, which is usually very few bikes. Like 5-6 if we are lucky.

NQ1965

PR Elite
I do get Hershey's point on this.
We have 3 grandkids riding the PW right now, 2 still being assisted and the oldest wearing a track in the grass around my house on his own.
Once all three are riding on their own, that's a $75 entry. Grandchild #4 won't be ready for a couple years yet, and #5 is due in September. And the other son and daughter-in-law are trying for their first. This could get very, very expensive for Ma'Ma and Pa'Pa.

I also can respect and appreciate Jeremy's perspective as well. Taking the kids to a really good popular facility like his where the kids are exposed and surrounded by many, many other riders at all levels only enhances their growth and experience.

hershey

PR Elite
I think that practice fees aren't limiting growth, it's the price of bikes and the fact that stick and ball sports have become year round and are way cheaper.

We will have to disagree, it would be great to see 10-20 kids on PW sized bikes riding together on your track. It isnt the only factor but it is one of them. I know from now on I am not going someplace with them that I am paying that kind of money to ride on something no better than they have at the track at my house unless there are going to be more than 2 other kids to ride with. I know at some tracks they can get time on larger tracks that are prepped I will be glad to pay the $25 fee.

Again, not bashing any track or promoter in particular, this is just a problem in general with the business model for most MX tracks I feel is detrimental to the growth of our sport.

trent56mx

PR Addict
We will have to disagree, it would be great to see 10-20 kids on PW sized bikes riding together on your track. It isnt the only factor but it is one of them. I know from now on I am not going someplace with them that I am paying that kind of money to ride on something no better than they have at the track at my house unless there are going to be more than 2 other kids to ride with. I know at some tracks they can get time on larger tracks that are prepped I will be glad to pay the $25 fee.

Again, not bashing any track or promoter in particular, this is just a problem in general with the business model for most MX tracks I feel is detrimental to the growth of our sport.
Hang the boots up, time to become a full blown mini parent.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
You were here on a light day, it does vary, I have seen 10-15 kids over there most of the time. Now a drawback to dropping price is that it will get crowded. I think most people would rather pay a little more and not have the place packed with the 1st of the month clans like the Hershey's!

nitrofish

PR Addict
Hang the boots up, time to become a full blown mini parent.
He's starting to sound like one! Lol! Sounds like they will be ripping on the C track soon at the Cliff. There have been quite a few PWs and Honda 50s as of late practicing at Briarcliff. Hope to see the 01 clan soon. You really don't want the mini track ripped too deep from my experience at JOs, not enough power or traffic to make good lines. It just winds up being a chunky bumpy mess that the little kids won't like.

hershey

PR Elite
I don't want the pee wee track ripped. I give up. Obviously nobody understands the point I'm making. So be it. Nothing to see here......move along.

MX955

PitRacer Pro
I don't want the pee wee track ripped. I give up. Obviously nobody understands the point I'm making. So be it. Nothing to see here......move along.

Typical mini Dad, throw a hissy fit then taking his ball & going home!

JB19

PR Member

I understand your point and have kind of felt the same way, but my point is that Im willing to pay the full price for seat time that is beneficial for a kid who races. For someone like me I could ride my motos on the big track and my son can get good seat time on the C track. I feel like this setup could work for everyone.

hershey

PR Elite
Sell off that luxury Mustang race car you got and you'll have expenses paid until their riding the big track

You can't fix stupid. Its not about how much I'm spending. It's about growing the sport by offering entry level 50 riders a way to get addicted without scaring them away with a price that isn't worth the product. Taking them to tracks where they get track time on the bigger tracks that are prepped I get it. They are using all the overhead the big bikes do. Pay your share. But these tracks that charge the same price for a dusty s**t box pee wee track with no prep ( not smoothed out rain ruts or watered to keep dust down.... im NOT talking about disc or ripped) are chasing pw riders away. I know of one track for sure that has grown a great following by catering to these riders. Only one.

I have asked in the mini section where do pw riders practice just to take my kids where the others are and got nothing. Hard to grow the sport if track owners don't do something to help.

MX955.....now I'm taking my ball and 2 kids and going home.

nitrofish

PR Addict
You can't fix stupid. Its not about how much I'm spending. It's about growing the sport by offering entry level 50 riders a way to get addicted without scaring them away with a price that isn't worth the product. Taking them to tracks where they get track time on the bigger tracks that are prepped I get it. They are using all the overhead the big bikes do. Pay your share. But these tracks that charge the same price for a dusty *!*!*!*! box pee wee track with no prep ( not smoothed out rain ruts or watered to keep dust down.... im NOT talking about disc or ripped) are chasing pw riders away. I know of one track for sure that has grown a great following by catering to these riders. Only one.

I have asked in the mini section where do pw riders practice just to take my kids where the others are and got nothing. Hard to grow the sport if track owners don't do something to help.

MX955.....now I'm taking my ball and 2 kids and going home.
I thought you went home already? Now, are you home home?

nitrofish

PR Addict
Home and going to bed! No fashion bug for me :(
Don't be sad. You will always be my fashionable bug, even if you are a crazy mini parent that demands cheaper prices. What's next? Half price noodles because your little belly can't handle a full bowl! LMFAO!

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I kind of wish they would discontinue pws, those are like stryders with a motor. You cant group them with anything. We need a strider/pw track, maybe I could mow one into a field??

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father

The only way to gain valuable riding experience when you're that young is to just nut up and go racing. That's the only time they'll get dedicated track time at a fair price.

I never practiced until I was on an 80. We were racing and that was it. But there wasn't any place to practice back then. Then dirtworld opened up a mini day practice. And so started my practice life.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I kind of wish they would discontinue pws, those are like stryders with a motor. You cant group them with anything. We need a strider/pw track, maybe I could mow one into a field??

Right. And if you charged them $10 to ride it they would come. Not $25. They can't ride in prep anyhow.