New bike decisions

Haven't rode a 15 or 16. But I rode crutes 250sx in '13 or '14 and my 2008 yamaha 250t felt better everywhere. His KTM felt good too, but I would of preferred the yamaha. Yamaha tracks better into hard braking corners. KTM feels taller and didn't turn as tight.

You put a vforce3 and pipe on it, and it's a better bike than the KTM. KTM comes stock with the vforce (which helps out of the box) But there's no fixing the suspension. The SSS is where it's at.

if i read another post about you and your sss suspension... do you even know what sss stands for??? lol its 2015 now....

The KTM motor was very pipey on both models. I have ridden the 15 and 14's. Of course the suspension can be tuned for personal needs. I only ride my 125 a handful of times every year so riding it is always like riding a new bike!

How much trouble and waiting in lines is there to ride a new KTM 150sx? I have never been to a demo day.
I've been at 2 Demo days down there. I always got there early and didn't wait much at all. Normally ride 2-3 laps on "C" track. A couple times had to wait for 1 or 2 guys in front of me, moves along quickly. Rode the whole fleet in about 20 minutes. The 150 sx is really fun. They usually give you a bonus ride, rode the 150 twice at the last demo.

Baker, ride my 15 the way I have it set up. I know yours felt good but this Ktm with the jetting specs, vforce, gearing change and a bills pipe freakin hauls..

Lol....the SSS stuff wins against everything in all the shoot outs !
Jus my luck... Oh well I guess I'll sell it now
IMG_20150719_200230.jpg

Awesome!!!! Back in the saddle?

Vetfest is calling your name!
I'm not even going to pull a Scoob and entertain that idea... Been 2 years since I've rode so it's back to square one for me. I'll be the guy rolling jumps holding my line please don't land on my head lol.

Loneranger - I'd be interested in your opinion of the 350SX. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on one myself. I rode Shark's at Malvern on Saturday but it was just in the grass field in the back. I liked it but again, I wasn't on the track. I'm 200-205lbs (no gear). I'm NOT a Loretta's guy and at 45 (almost 46), I'll never use all of the power of a 450 (which I currently ride/race). I want a light(er) bike that handles and corners well, doesn't beat the snot out of me and I can be competitive on locally.

Loneranger - I'd be interested in your opinion of the 350SX. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on one myself. I rode Shark's at Malvern on Saturday but it was just in the grass field in the back. I liked it but again, I wasn't on the track. I'm 200-205lbs (no gear). I'm NOT a Loretta's guy and at 45 (almost 46), I'll never use all of the power of a 450 (which I currently ride/race). I want a light(er) bike that handles and corners well, doesn't beat the snot out of me and I can be competitive on locally.
Ur welcome to take mine on the track I hope to hit Malvern up Wed if there open. I too was looking at a 250 2stroke but being almost 44 and mildy out of shape the 350 is going to be fine. I had a 2011 ktm350 so I can't wait to compare the two. I will say estart was also a factor too lol

pasimp57 - I talk to Hause, and as he posted on here, he loves his 2stroke. I haven't been on one since I was 18 though. Definitely have to work harder to ride but I've thought about it.

Loneranger - thanks for the offer but I can't make Malvern this Wednesday. I agree with you on the estart - hate watching you KTM guys press a button when on the line while I'm kicking my a$$ off!

Back