Social media experiment for those who say PR is a clique only site

hershey

PR Elite
Ok, so Im really tired of hearing how bad Pitracer is to outsiders and also that there is too much complaining on this site. I did a little experiment just to prove to myself and others how good this site is.

Now some of you have seen my Dungey post from my Red Bud race weekend. If not you can read it by clicking the link to follow and I hope you will as it helps prove my point. In a nut shell he didnt sign an autograph for my son Austin. Not the end of the world. But that day a post came up on FB from him and I posted a nice note back letting him know he had let my son down.

The response was overwhelming in both directions, some agreeing, some not but reasonable and most just mean. It got me to thinking about what some people say about how this site is mean to new comers. So please take some time and read the different posts in the links and compare them to the link for the same topic on Pitracer.

They took my post off his FB page the same day so I cant show you the posts on there but rest assured they were every bit as bad as these on Vital

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Dungey-loses-2-times-at-Red-Bud,1288707

Now take a good look at the majority of the replies, not good. Next read the posts from Pitracer.

http://www.pitracer.com/index.php?threads/the-dunge-lost-4-fans-this-past-weekend.62295/

Not even close to the down right mean and negativity. There are even posts wishing me bodily harm. Now I expected that and honestly it doesnt even remotely bother me. But my point in this experiment was really to point out to those who complain about Pitracer and the bitching or clique feel.....this site is far better than other more popular sites. FB seems to be the place everyone gravitates to and it was just as brutal and ruthless!

Maybe people don't like to post here because this forum doesn't keep them completely anonymous? The chance of running into the guy you were trolling yesterday are a lot higher when we all share the same hobby and ride at a lot of the same places..

I never thought of that angle. But then again why not just post good stuff instead of s**t you are worried people will call you out on? And really, I post stuff all the time and dont care if people call me out on it when they see me. Its either honest or a joke, I can take it as well as I dish it out.

idk, just as stumped as you are but i've heard more than one person say they refuse to even go to this site..

I hate spinach. No matter how many people tell me how good it is for me. No matter how you try to hide it in other stuff. I hate spinach and will not even try it anymore.
BUT, I will still watch Popeye.
My post on the AMA has over 3000 views in 3 days... They may say their not looking at the site, but they are..

If you dont mind, against my better judgement, I will throw out an opinion. I have the ability to open a big can of worms, so be nice! I believe it is definitely cliquish, you can see who posts over n over, which is totally fine! I think its cool to see the friendships that have lasted over time. I hope my kids make those same connections, which I believe they have. My kids like to ride, they race a few races a year, and have a blast!! I posted my sons mini for sale on here a month or so back, and then read the thread Amanda started on where pit racer is going.....I see tracks chest thumping, and associations claiming tthey have the best riders, turnouts....Ama, Cra, Oma, Division this or that....I wouldnt want to be a part of that, its narrowminded, and cliquish. We ride wherever its not raining and the kids love all the tracks, some days better than others. Id like to think my kids get along with everybody, and that continues in their adult lifes. Promoters promote, thats what they do, racers race, and riders ride. I dont see the need for a track or organization to bash another, definitely speaks volumes.

I think you have it right! I do believe however that the organization bashing is at a minimum compared to the past as far as the ones that actually run tracks and races. The AMA in my mind isnt included in our ability to ride at certain tracks. For that reason I dont see how the latest post on them effects the riding.

I think most of the time posts get started with the best intentions but then it turns bad. Other times some of us are extremely sarcastic and joking. Those are hard emotions to convey online.

Thank you for your input, I know that many members and Day181 would like to find a way to help people feel comfortable about posting here. As I hopefully have shown in the links above this site really is mellow compared to many more popular sites. Please dont be shy about posting here, its no different than when you were a kid in elementary school on the play ground. You felt intimidated until you get to know everyone better, then its all good!

Omg ur still talking about Dungey! For God's sake bring it to me I'll forge his name and you can tetelur kid it came in the morning mail ffrom Ryan. Blahahaha just having fun don't get worked up!!

I'm offended by this thread, and pissed that sleeveless Matt didn't invite me over for roasted prairie dog, I had the BBQ sauce ready too

Hershey is no hillbilly that's for sure, too cute. He's more of a Kardashianilly. I personally have never measured my clique but I do have a tick, especially if I accidentally drink my spittoon.

It was 13 lined ground squirrel, better with just a black pepper rub! Sleeves are for dress up days by the way.

clique
klēk,klik/
noun
noun: clique; plural noun: cliques
a small group of people, with shared interests or other features in common, who spend time together and do not readily allow others to join them.
synonyms: coterie, set, circle, ring, in-crowd, group;
club, society, fraternity, sorority;
cabal, caucus;
informalgang
clique: a small group of people who spend time together and who are not friendly to other people—usage, synonyms, more. Anyone not on a 2 stroke.

Screenshot_2014-08-19-20-06-16~01.png

clique
klēk,klik/
noun
noun: clique; plural noun: cliques
a small group of people, with shared interests or other features in common, who spend time together and do not readily allow others to join them.
synonyms: coterie, set, circle, ring, in-crowd, group;
club, society, fraternity, sorority;
cabal, caucus;
informalgang
clique: a small group of people who spend time together and who are not friendly to other people—usage, synonyms, more. Anyone not on a 2 stroke.

Pitracer encourages everyone to join

No shyness or intimidation here, we just live our lives and the kids have fun. I stumbled across some things on here that I found interesting, and then the bashing and "clique" measuring contests totally dissuade me from being interested. I suppose we have our own clique, very cool, very fun, very laid back and very talented riders. I'd line up my 2 boys (17 and 14), and 2 of their good friends (both 17) and all residents of Ohio, against any 3 17 year olds and a 14 or younger from any organization in Ohio. I just don't understand the bashing, the misinformation. Many tracks put out a great product! Keep up the good work! We will continue to pay to ride, keep bashing other tracks, and organizations and 4 hillbilly boys are willing to have their "cliques" measured....lol, Like I said, I can open a big can of worms! We use this site extensively for finding open tracks for practice, please continue to post and update! We count on you!!

Sounds like a challenge? Lol. Bring them to the battle series or any battle event. The best in the state will most likely be there. Lots of good racing in every class.

Jason, Im game....Ryan/Adam/Michael vs OMA best 17 and younger.....and Aidy vs OMA best 14 and younger....neutral site....Ohio residents ....use the transponders, very cool...true battle of Ohio...$1000 prize or $10000....I read a post on " clowns" , figured the big guys would appear.....we think the world of u guys.....and your tracks are top notch!!! Nobody appreciates a thread bashing other tracks though....I stumbled on the lap times of Chilli....very cool!! This thread was based on cliques....we like to ride as you know, CRA, OMA, district, we practice everywhere and support all tracks....guess Im carrying the torch for unity, racing, motocross because my kids love to ride.....we were at Smith today, Aidys ankle still sprained.....we w testvat Meadowlarks on Friday....either OIR or Briarcliff on Sunday....after that we are good to go....maybe Rt 62? Neutral site? Transponders....Oh reesidents....battle of Ohio?.....we can do it for fun, I will pay for a pig roast afterwards......you guys have always been very cool people!!! And run a top notch track!!

You see, you have been warmly welcomed and appreciated! Lol...

I was at Smith rd last night too...Only because Jason didnt open. I would have said hi if I knew who you were!

This is what I mean, you are a new member and no one has bashed you or made you feel unwelcome. Its all in good fun. I do agree that track bashing should be held to a minimum especially by other tracks or organizations. I believe it has become much better than in the past.

Thank you for putting your .02 in, please continue to do so!

Clowns rule.

OK so I was initially going to post as a joke and just say to ban all track owners / promoters from the general forum areas.. but then that made me think.

What if rather than Jason posting as Malvern, Jeremy posting as Briarcliff etc (sorry just picked those 2 off the top of my head) ..... what if track owners use those accounts ONLY for posting race/practice updates in those forums only.... If track owners, promoters, etc wish to post in the other forums... they do so under a seperate personal account?

Would that possibly be less intimidating to some people? I can see the point that was made early on and can see why it may drive some away.

I also agree with Bills point that people are probably less of A holes here as they are vital due to the chances of actually running into this person.

I think more track owners need to be more involved on this forum other than posting open practice the only two track owners that post in this forum are the only ones that know how to prep and build a track

Back