Social media experiment for those who say PR is a clique only site

Original44

PR Addict
I think more track owners need to be more involved on this forum other than posting open practice the only two track owners that post in this forum are the only ones that know how to prep and build a track
Wrong! There are more than two promoters that post on here who know how to prep and build a track.

Vet261

PR Addict
I did a little experiment just to prove to myself and others how good this site is.

bd9b8293473456f32ec166c7bc09e67ced6b07355ee9793dd8ed6b5efb6d031b.jpg

Original44

PR Addict
Sorry I've never been to chilitown
You obviously haven't been to any other tracks other than two. I agree that the two promoters that you're talking about do an awesome job, but so do a lot more that do post on here. By the way, if you have never been to Chillitown how can you say that there is only two?

Last edited:

Scoob

PR Founding Father
I didn't read most of this post. I don't like reading long reads, just posting them here and there.

I totally get your point those Hershey boy. Peeps are vicious on other sites. I mean the downright hate sucks. Probably is why I do not get on those so much. It's all in good sarcastic fun on here. Always some dumb@$$ (IMO only of course) piping off about this and that on those other sites. I get my fill on Pit Racer. No need to go elsewhere. Pit Racer has all I need. :)

nitrofish

PR Addict
No one should feel intimadated by posting here. We all have strong opinions and not all agree. A lot of ideas/problems do get solved by filtering through the bantering. For many it is easier to convey their thoughts rather than approach face to face. That is the purpose of Pitracer. An outlet, information, share ideas and problems. We will all type something we regret later on due to emotion or passion. I've met a lot of you blow hards in person and have yet to walk away thinking bad of any. Yes, I do feel that I'm always right and only my opinions matter but I will always respect yours as well. Track owners/promoters take the biggest risk by posting here. They should be applauded for that. If your feelings are strong enough to not attend an event at their place than so be it, but maybe before you decide you should meet with them face to face and see if your feelings are the same. I've developed Moto friendships with so many of you through this site and I am thankful for that. I've yet to meet a bad track owner/promoter even though we disagree on things. We have a great group here in Ohio! All you gotta do is ask around at a track if you want to meet a fellow Pitracer junkie, someone will know where to find them. Don't look for me though, I am very anti- social and do not like to be disturbed. Take a few minutes and watch this clip to the end. Matt.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
No one should feel intimadated by posting here. We all have strong opinions and not all agree. A lot of ideas/problems do get solved by filtering through the bantering. For many it is easier to convey their thoughts rather than approach face to face. That is the purpose of Pitracer. An outlet, information, share ideas and problems. We will all type something we regret later on due to emotion or passion. I've met a lot of you blow hards in person and have yet to walk away thinking bad of any. Yes, I do feel that I'm always right and only my opinions matter but I will always respect yours as well. Track owners/promoters take the biggest risk by posting here. They should be applauded for that. If your feelings are strong enough to not attend an event at their place than so be it, but maybe before you decide you should meet with them face to face and see if your feelings are the same. I've developed Moto friendships with so many of you through this site and I am thankful for that. I've yet to meet a bad track owner/promoter even though we disagree on things. We have a great group here in Ohio! All you gotta do is ask around at a track if you want to meet a fellow Pitracer junkie, someone will know where to find them. Don't look for me though, I am very anti- social and do not like to be disturbed. Take a few minutes and watch this clip to the end. Matt.

While I agree that no one "should" feel intimidated... they do. Or at least thast what I hear. I havent came across any people that really have complained about the site. Must be a south thing, I dont go down to them parts of ohioo!

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
OK so I was initially going to post as a joke and just say to ban all track owners / promoters from the general forum areas.. but then that made me think.

What if rather than Jason posting as Malvern, Jeremy posting as Briarcliff etc (sorry just picked those 2 off the top of my head) ..... what if track owners use those accounts ONLY for posting race/practice updates in those forums only.... If track owners, promoters, etc wish to post in the other forums... they do so under a seperate personal account?

Would that possibly be less intimidating to some people? I can see the point that was made early on and can see why it may drive some away.

I also agree with Bills point that people are probably less of A holes here as they are vital due to the chances of actually running into this person.

Kreps said I needed to do that a few years ago, Im thinking people are still going to know its me posting as Briarcliff and as Jeremy obviously.....seems silly, but I wonder if it would work......some people are easily fooled. There are many days that I wish I was born as a nicer person, but that shits for sissies....the world needs flower planters, dishwashers, and hummingbird feeder makers....and I am none of those. Definitely my biggest setback. Oh well at least my track don't have rocks.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
Right, most people would. But theres a lot of dumb people as well. It at least might take some of the attention off of it. LIke man Jeremy is a real A hole.. vs "briarcliff owner is an a hole".. just sounds better when you say it the first time..

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
What is all this talk about 17yr olds vs one 14 yr old for? And just who are your kids? 10k on a moto is some serious confidence.

Last edited:

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Can I get the Cliffs notes on the "clown" comment? I guess I'm slow, plus that's too much to read. Is there a point in there?

Last edited:

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
Jason, thanks for the invite! As always, saying and doing the right thing, promoting in a positive light, absolutely nothing derogatory directed your way (the other big bad wolf, calling tracks n riders "clowns", I'd like him to step to the plate on this). This weekend the boys are going to Put-In-Bay for a reunion with the ex and her family on Saturday. As I stated earlier, Aidy has a sprained ankle we will test on Friday at Amherst Meadowlarks, and Sunday sounds like OIR. My offer still stands, the OMAs 3 most talented 17 and younger from your Battle last weekend and any 14 year old and younger vs Ryan/Adam/Michael and Aidy, Ohio residents, neutral track, transponders, add up their times, and pocket some cash!! I say we each throw in $1000-$10000 for our groups, more than double the pro purse at Chilli (I believe it was $4000) and I'm giving you a huge pool of riders to choose from (odds are aginst us!!!!). I had a long Island or 2 when I sent that text last night, but this morning my kids said let's race their best! Aug 1st we are heading to Budds Creek and Aug 2nd either Budds again or Tomahawk on way home. Personally, I'd much rather pay to have the kids ride, get tired, get home to do some things than stay at a race all day. The only races we attended this year were 2 or 3 at Meadowlarks, which, as you know, is where the boys grew up. I also saw the threads on the number of race participants etc. Again, the "clown" thing.........there are some great tracks in Ohio, and we hit as many as often as we can (3/4 a week). A few weeks ago I asked BrairCliff on Pit Racer if he would hold a later practice on that Sunday, because we were planning on going there and rain, rain, rain. We support all tracks, no bias, but again the "clown" comment, regardless of what track or riders it was directed at, Meadowlarks has been in existence for 60? years, love it or hate it, it has survived every storm. About a mile north of Meadowlarks is Lake Erie, fish don't ride, so we draw zero riders from the north. For a track owner to bash another track and their riders is crappy. If I'm told I'm offended or sensitive to that comment, I have one statement, please bring the best 3 17 and younger and 1 14 and younger from your "clique" (organization), we can wait for Looooooretas to pass and I will line up our 4 "clowns" from our clique (just some god ole boys) and the boys will do what this site was intended for.........to ride and race!!!! In a previous post someone said they were at Smith yesterday, please stop by and say hi! My son was on the Yam (X cuz hes too lazy to order numbers) , my youngest is (/ also too lazy) on a Yam, lol, just 2 good ole boys (cue the dukes of Hazzard). Thanks for listening!!! Im bored with myself now, I imagine you are too!!!

are you drinking long islands right now??? what in the hell is this about? lol

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Right, most people would. But theres a lot of dumb people as well. It at least might take some of the attention off of it. LIke man Jeremy is a real A hole.. vs "briarcliff owner is an a hole".. just sounds better when you say it the first time..

Frankly my dear, I just don't give a damn. To be Honest, or TBH for kiddos reading, but are afraid to become members, the fact that I am very outspoken and very unpopular ON PITRACER works pretty well for me. #1 I don't have deal with overly sensitive people at BC, unless they didn't get on pitracer, rest assure I tell all of those people about PR as Im yelling at them. #2 It keeps our numbers in check, our practices would really be a zoo if I didn't cut down the numbers some how. Its like a weed out class in pre-engineering. I guess I'm calculus 3, or physics 2 or 3 in motocross 101.

You'd be surprised how many people come up and tell me that those guys on PR are a bunch of whiney a***s and we think your doing a good job speaking your mind on the site, "we are with ya"......it seriously happens.

KTMkarl794

PR Addict
OK so I was initially going to post as a joke and just say to ban all track owners / promoters from the general forum areas.. but then that made me think.

What if rather than Jason posting as Malvern, Jeremy posting as Briarcliff etc (sorry just picked those 2 off the top of my head) ..... what if track owners use those accounts ONLY for posting race/practice updates in those forums only.... If track owners, promoters, etc wish to post in the other forums... they do so under a seperate personal account?

Would that possibly be less intimidating to some people? I can see the point that was made early on and can see why it may drive some away.

I also agree with Bills point that people are probably less of A holes here as they are vital due to the chances of actually running into this person.

I'm sensing a very liberal vibe to your tone....O'bummer strikes again!

I'll admit I can take things kind of personally, but at the end of the day we are all entitled to our own opinions and beliefs. The problem is when constructive criticism no longer becomes constructive. Some people can be ignorant and destructive with their words, but I always try to remember that it is NOT my fault they are unable to accept that their opinions may be different than mine and they need to treat me different for it.

Hershey has said it 100 times, complaints and criticism drive conversation, and ultimately change.

To all the Ghost Members: This site is based on the common love of our shared passion. You are right, this site is a clique! For all of us that love moto, and you are part of it. Welcome.

hershey

PR Elite
I get two reactions: "Oh you're georgie porgie? I love reading your s**t."

and I get: "Oh.....you're georgieporgie, I'm always reading your bullshit."

I don't readily introduce myself as georgie porgie. Not trying to get punched in the face.

Haha, I feel that! I always hate when some one walks up and asks if Im Hershey on PR.....I never know if I should say yes or no for fear of the sucker punch! It just happened again this weekend at Chillitown. Charlie introduced himself but I dont know his screen name!