Battle series pros and cons

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Pros

My favorite round was CHILITOWN. They nailed it. Online sign up. Transponders.

Malvern: fireworks And the water truck was consistently keeping dust down in the roads all day.

All rounds were filled with great competition.

Cons:

practice days at malvern and BC. I think I got twice as many rounds at chikitown. They also didn't practice quads until before there race. Can't remeber if they gave them an hour of open practice or not. Bummed I wont make the October race. I'm just gonna call it a year and give myself ample time to heal.

Last Pro: quads sealed the track up from disaster rain all night. And fun to watch! UTV was awesome.

PRO: Split Schedule worked for bikes and quads. It was better than I expected. Except for the workers. LONG DAY......

Con: IT RAINS AT THE WRONG TIME TOO MANY TIMES.

In all seriousness, I would like to get pre-registration thing going next year. I think it will help make things easier. As far a transponders, cool, but I heard a lot negativity toward it. I don't think people are ready for mandatory transponders.

Pros: it was a huge race in Ohio at a killer facility in a central location.

Cons:
1. I wasn't there
2. People bitch. Alot.
3. I wasn't there
The battle at BC is this weekend right? Tell me I didn't miss it.

I'm a fan of transponders. However, I'm not a fan of costs associated with transponders. If I want lap times I'll have someone use their smart phone for free. I'm not trying to qualify for a national here. (Which I think timed qualifying sucks too, but that's another story).

Once you use them you'll appreciate them. I was in same boat. But once I saw what I had to do different and how I stacked up against competition it was $15 well spent.

Plus you can really police practice. Seemed like it was a free for all with big bikes getting out of every big bike practice.

Chillitown did three rounds of practice just like the other two Battle races. They had quad practice through the day just like the other two Battle races. Did hit your head when you broke your collar bone Baker? Lol

They had 6 total sessions per round I thought. Either way I know my hour meter clicked off more time at Chilitown. Maybe the practices were longer. Or maybe it's juat percocet that's melting my brain.

They did try to stop early at 215. Then someone complained and they sent everyone back out for a 3 lapper. Maybe just continue practice to the deadline. Whereever in the order it falls.

Bc could if squeezed 4 rounds in it seems. They prepped for close to an hour at 1210-110pm. But it's not my dirt. I don't know how quickly it would of went bad. Perhaps they needed to do that to keep moisture on the track for the races at 5

Last edited:
I missed chili. Malvern and BC were awesome ! Practice time was same for both for me at both races. I Could have used another at BC, because of sand whoops, and my learning curve. There's a good picture of me about to bite it in sand whoops and then it got real interesting with yellow flags and people down trying to go through them each lap. Racing was not an issue and added to the track. Track changes for both races, just added to the fun and safety. Promoters and all their crews deserve a big thumbs up. My son and I had a blast. When are the dates for next year ?

We ran 4 sessions, the last session was cut short due to time constraints. We've also had significant rain on Saturday or Sunday morning at our previous 4 race weekends. That rain makes a hectic day even crazier. Kudos to the BC gang. We truly feel your pain! The Battle for Ohio Series is a growing child, the notoriety, consistencies, competitions, etc, expect it to continue to gain numbers. I'm suprised that none of the Pitracer crowd would interact more at the track. That's the perfect place to talk to a "not my event" promoter. I did talk with CK and Rupert. All in all I think Ohio MX is moving in the right direction, but I do see a lot of room for improvement(including CTMX). Oh, and the airplane dealio was top secret. Only myself and the pilot knew of the plans. I didn't get approval from my CTMX team or Osborne for fear of losing the element of surprise. I had to get some type of a jab in, right, promoters are competitive too! Game on!
Thanks guys, Jeremy Forcum

For sure the biggest pro's are the promoters working together and the number of riders wanting to participate. It is amazing how different these races feel vs. just the normal race weekend. And there it is, everything else is just a normal race weekend. Why?
The Chili Halloween race also has a different feel just because there is so much other off the track things going on. My son has been asking for weeks about that race and already has his costume ready for the trick or treat.
The con's are a short list... one item. There are only 3 events. Knowing that 3 different tracks in the same state can draw 500+ for a motocross race really makes to wonder why it only happens at 3 races? How great would it be if we had 10, or 15 races like this per year? The number of riders are clearly there. The facilities are in place. Heck, the promotional ideas are tried and true. Why would EVERY track not mirror this success?
Expand, give us more. If the number go down, then you can pull it back. But right now you have lightning in a bottle. Two more rounds please. (At least)

For sure the biggest pro's are the promoters working together and the number of riders wanting to participate. It is amazing how different these races feel vs. just the normal race weekend. And there it is, everything else is just a normal race weekend. Why?
The Chili Halloween race also has a different feel just because there is so much other off the track things going on. My son has been asking for weeks about that race and already has his costume ready for the trick or treat.
The con's are a short list... one item. There are only 3 events. Knowing that 3 different tracks in the same state can draw 500+ for a motocross race really makes to wonder why it only happens at 3 races? How great would it be if we had 10, or 15 races like this per year? The number of riders are clearly there. The facilities are in place. Heck, the promotional ideas are tried and true. Why would EVERY track not mirror this success?
Expand, give us more. If the number go down, then you can pull it back. But right now you have lightning in a bottle. Two more rounds please. (At least)

I think we should add 2 rounds.....IF we can talk Red Bud and Ironman into it....Sound good?

Pros-
Like weekend events - practice and race, spectate and camp. Less driving and more social time.
Not mixing quads and bikes to have a track better for each.
Track prep, track staff, merch, extra stuff, etc
AMA rules and endorsement (at least that's what CK1 said)
Reasonable cost

Cons-
Would like it to be 4-5 races in the series because more is better, but also to overcome a bad race/crash in the overall.
Limited track time on Sat for practice due to 10+ groups and quad races to get in.

Way more pros than cons. It was a lot of fun and thank you.

Pit riding needs some structure to keep things safe, but don't crush it all. The kids hanging out over several days is a big part of the event for them. Much more time spent off the track than on over the weekend. There does need to be limits and enforcement.

I like 3 rounds. But I would like to see one in June, one in July and one in August. Just my opinion.

Cons.....not any worth mentioning.

There are only 3 events. Knowing that 3 different tracks in the same state can draw 500+ for a motocross race really makes to wonder why it only happens at 3 races?
There can only be so many must do races in a year. 3 is enough battles, add the CTMX halloween race and that is it. We will compete with Vet Fest, Area 51 Can AM...........and more.

Do a Saturday and Sunday practice/ riding class. Nothing but Sessions and lessons on the C track/main track. Sign up....
Band has Band Camp, Motocross can have a 2 or three day weekend for Moto Camp but for everyone. I would be in times 3. 25 bucks for each rider and then 25 or ??? bucks each for lessons. movies of riding...

RC does it at Red Bud and has 5 different stations you stop at through the day.

Nutritian, corners, starts, whatever, set up.

Back