Battle series pros and cons

The AMA needs to leave UTV racing alone! You sit in it like a car, it has a steering wheel, and it has 4 wheels. It is not a motorcycle, let Nascar or Mickey Thompson or someone worry about UTVs.

AMA needs to focus on Motorcycles and motorcycle racing. Hell from what I hear superbike racing is falling apart. Flat track is not strong, and motocross has issues. Focus on the things with motors and two wheels.

Cost for the weekend:
$80 Fuel for SUV and Bikes
$45 gate fees
$50 Practice
$75 Sign ups
$70 Food
$32 Hotel (Yep helps having a nephew in the hotel business)
$352 for the weekend.

If I had paid regular rate on the hotel add another $100. I figure all the Battle Rounds are $400 - $500 weekends. Normal races are close to $200.
Those numbers are more like it. Knox what are you driving??? A GEO Metro? I burned 20 Gallons in gas just running my generator.

Food, fuel, gate fees, practice fees, beers, ice and airplanes $1527.50!
The look on Osbornes face when he saw the plane: priceless!!!!!

Literally was talking to someone minutes before the plane showed up. "When's Chilitowns race date for the Halloween thing"

Saw that plane ten minutes later and thought to myself I know why they're number one track In Ohio. Hell if not the country.

Chilitown needs to be the model for the country.

I too see UTVs as a potential vehicle to have quad only days. Been talking to racin Jason Luburgh about it for 2016.

Your an ass! Glad my toy hauler burnt to the ground so I had to stay at a quiet hotel
While your not the first person to call me an ass, my generator is relatively quiet and when it gets that hot, I have to have an air conditioned place to go to. s**t if it wasn't for my generator and A/C, I would just throw a tent down and sweat my balls off. However, now that I know that you are a "generator hater" I will bring my giant, loud big generator and park next to you.:D

Don't worry John I'll come take it off your hands for 1600 bucks. Starting to collect these things it seems
Georgie, I would but I have at least $8000 in this thing so, I might as well keep it for a looooong time. Meister is right my money is in Jonathans YZ, followed closely by my gas usage!!!

Glad to hear you got it figured out!! I had a 2006. 37.5 pilot 2nd clip and 400 main. Crisp. Bought the 08. Tried same jetting and it was way lean!!!! 45 pilot 430 main and needle second clip. Now it's awesome.

I think we have the bike pretty close now but Jonathan broke his arm at Briarcliff so he out for about 4 to 6 weeks.
Dang, It's been a rough year. Rupert posted photos on vital from the race. I saw one of your son and hunter Duffy sittin on the gate. I was psyched when I saw the YZ was back in action. Hope he heels up quick. Same with u Georgie!

Back