Battle series pros and cons

Gotta agree with that or if not don't act like its a rule and just drop the subject.
Jo tried to enforce the pit riding even gave me permission throw the kids out all I did was chase kids all day off the hill from the start. It got to the point they would run through the woods and down the driveway. Till the parents put down there beers and become a real parent and help enforce the rules if your kid is not 16 dont let them ride pitbikes it hard for a track owner to prep the track and do everything else to make track as best as possible let alone babysit your kids. Jo ill gladly throw the kids and the parents out anytime Nate showed me how to be a track dick almost every week

He doesn't always need to be a dick. Plenty of time for being a good guy too.

Thanks for docking them yoyos that doubled on a yellow behind me and the one guy passed me. That's just being a good eye! They reeled in a lot if real estate for that move. I'm sure nate had to been who saw that one. I never complained, when I checked the results it was already taken care of with a nice star next their names.

Although I heard in riders meeting they would be docked 1 lap. And they were docked 3 positions.....they got lucky.

But I love harsh yellow flag infractions: PRO.

Last edited:
Jo tried to enforce the pit riding even gave me permission throw the kids out all I did was chase kids all day off the hill from the start. It got to the point they would run through the woods and down the driveway. Till the parents put down there beers and become a real parent and help enforce the rules if your kid is not 16 dont let them ride pitbikes it hard for a track owner to prep the track and do everything else to make track as best as possible let alone babysit your kids. Jo ill gladly throw the kids and the parents out anytime Nate showed me how to be a track dick almost every week
I agree with the part that the parents need to parent but if its aloud with out any repercussions from the track owner these parents and kids know that, and are gonna do exactly what you saw at BC. Chillitown and Malvern both did a great job with policing pit riding, BC didn't. They pulled it off so, what was the difference, I think it was the effort those two put forth but maybe I'm wrong. Now as far as the beer drinking, I drink and my son and I were in bed at 11:00 Friday night and 12:00 on Saturday and I was still able to parent. O, and don't forget the pot smokers and thats not even legal, yet. Anyway, I don't think its beer that makes a bad parent, its parents and their lack of consciousness and involvement with their kids that make bad parents. I honestly could give two sh its about pit riding but make up your mind if your going to allow it or not, make a decision and stick to it....come on people is this really so hard???

I think we should put James (sasquatch) Thompson and Nate in a Mule and let them patrol. James is the step up table flagger. Nate could be like "park it or I'll feed you to James". I think that would do it.......

I wish kids would just ride bicycles. Or ride the pitbikes in 1st gear. Yea right. I was a kid not too long ago. They're good by their pit but once away and with a bunch of others the horsing around gets away from them. Obviously no harm meant but they can't see the danger they're putting themselves in.

I wish kids would just ride bicycles. Or ride the pitbikes in 1st gear. Yea right. I was a kid not too long ago. They're good by their pit but once away and with a bunch of others the horsing around gets away from them. Obviously no harm meant but they can't see the danger they're putting themselves in.

Example of that would have been the kid jumping the Honda scooter on kids track , sans shoes and helmet on Saturday evening . Lol

There were 2 kids on 50's jumping the roots next to a large tree by us for an hour.....

Straight out of the OMA rule book

"There is absolutely NO PIT RIDING at any of
the OMA tracks. (Penalty to the rider,
including disqualification, may result if this
rule isn’t followed by every member of the
family,
pit crew, or guests.)
However, pit
vehicles can be used to access restrooms,
shower houses and any areas further than
500’ from pit areas, provided the driver/rider
is 16 years or older, and can do so responsibly
and slowly. All other uses will be deemed
as
pit riding will result further action by the OMA"

So if this rule isnt being observed why should anyone think any other rule will be. For that matter why should any other rule be enforced?

Now this next statement ISNT any kind of threat or bashing or insinuating ANYTHING at all but just for the sake of argument in a court of law by not following this rule there is a good chance any other broken rule would be found OK since you set a precedence. Just saying.

Get rc and his mom, emig ... I will pay it. I was thinking less expensive instructors.

The GOAT may be aiming a little high for an experiment. I used his format as an example.

It's my understanding that Chris Whitcraft, Jeff Gibson and Levi Kilbarger would like to do a program like that at BC.
Both Chris and Levi worked with riders that made it to Loretta's this year.

It's my understanding that Chris Whitcraft, Jeff Gibson and Levi Kilbarger would like to do a program like that at BC.

It should be in the works for 2016. Jeff contacted me at the begininng of August to try for the week before Battle, but the schedule was too tight. We will revisit this while planning for next year.

I have had Mitchy, outside of his regular training with Chris Whitcraft, the last 2 times at Route 62 MX when Chris, Levi, and Jeff have put on these 1 day camps. These guys killed it both times..we have super talent and knowledge right here in these 3 well accomplished MX athletes. I would encourage anyone to try these 3 out..the rate for the day has been $200 and u get all 3. Chris has been great for Mitchy and has, and is pushing him to a new level...sprinkling in Jeff and Levi has been a huge supplement. No doubt working starts a few weeks before Lorettas in these camps with Levi...assisted in the holeshot Vurb captured at the ranch. As Levi says.." You only get one shot at the start"...Mitchy has taken that sentence to heart. The knowledge passed along aside from the technical riding is something most overlook..lots of mental challenges in the sport and getting the messages to young kids can be a challenge..they have that covered.

I also know this was in the works at BC and like indicated above timing wasn't right.. I will say when that happens in 16 at BC ... It's a no brainer.. One of, if not, the best Ohio tracks and organization with 3 of Ohio's fast guys instructing..yep..yep Mitchy will be there.

I'm sure everyone is dying to hear the photographers point of view :) It's always easy to spend another persons money, but at the end of the day this is a business for the track owners. Yes, they are passionate about the sport, but the bottom line is the bottom line... Having said that, it would be nice to see additional rounds added, maybe 5 rounds total?? Spread out too, rounds 2 and 3 were only 2 weeks apart. I'm curious... factoring everything in, how much does a weekend like this cost the average racer/family? Having races that close together might be a costly month for some.

I'm sure everyone is dying to hear the photographers point of view :) It's always easy to spend another persons money, but at the end of the day this is a business for the track owners. Yes, they are passionate about the sport, but the bottom line is the bottom line... Having said that, it would be nice to see additional rounds added, maybe 5 rounds total?? Spread out too, rounds 2 and 3 were only 2 weeks apart. I'm curious... factoring everything in, how much does a weekend like this cost the average racer/family? Having races that close together might be a costly month for some.

$113 hotel room
$25 sign up (only one class this week)
$30 gate
$26 fuel for bike and car
$48 food
$242 for us.
That's double for a normal weekend for me. Only because I went all out and got a hotel room. Normally we sleep in a tent. Missed Saturday practice due to a soccer game.
I have been keeping track of every racing dollar this year which is good for determining a budget for next year and good for promoters / track owners to use when hunting for sponsors. But treat it much like pay day taxes. Don't dwell, it only makes you feel bad.
Skipped practice Sunday morning due to the mud. Son got lapped in both motos so it ended up being $40.33 a lap... WOW, why did I figure that up? Now I really feel bad.
Still, it will not keep me from going to races. That's how much I hate open practice.

Now figure, two kids or parent and child riding/racing at least two classes each. Practice on Sat. No hotel, but $100 in fuel.

Back