Battle series pros and cons

john lilly

PR Addict
The AMA needs to leave UTV racing alone! You sit in it like a car, it has a steering wheel, and it has 4 wheels. It is not a motorcycle, let Nascar or Mickey Thompson or someone worry about UTVs.

AMA needs to focus on Motorcycles and motorcycle racing. Hell from what I hear superbike racing is falling apart. Flat track is not strong, and motocross has issues. Focus on the things with motors and two wheels.

Cost for the weekend:
$80 Fuel for SUV and Bikes
$45 gate fees
$50 Practice
$75 Sign ups
$70 Food
$32 Hotel (Yep helps having a nephew in the hotel business)
$352 for the weekend.

If I had paid regular rate on the hotel add another $100. I figure all the Battle Rounds are $400 - $500 weekends. Normal races are close to $200.
Those numbers are more like it. Knox what are you driving??? A GEO Metro? I burned 20 Gallons in gas just running my generator.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Food, fuel, gate fees, practice fees, beers, ice and airplanes $1527.50!
The look on Osbornes face when he saw the plane: priceless!!!!!

Literally was talking to someone minutes before the plane showed up. "When's Chilitowns race date for the Halloween thing"

Saw that plane ten minutes later and thought to myself I know why they're number one track In Ohio. Hell if not the country.

Chilitown needs to be the model for the country.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I too see UTVs as a potential vehicle to have quad only days. Been talking to racin Jason Luburgh about it for 2016.

john lilly

PR Addict
Your an ass! Glad my toy hauler burnt to the ground so I had to stay at a quiet hotel
While your not the first person to call me an ass, my generator is relatively quiet and when it gets that hot, I have to have an air conditioned place to go to. s**t if it wasn't for my generator and A/C, I would just throw a tent down and sweat my balls off. However, now that I know that you are a "generator hater" I will bring my giant, loud big generator and park next to you.:D

john lilly

PR Addict
Don't worry John I'll come take it off your hands for 1600 bucks. Starting to collect these things it seems
Georgie, I would but I have at least $8000 in this thing so, I might as well keep it for a looooong time. Meister is right my money is in Jonathans YZ, followed closely by my gas usage!!!

saplakc

PR Addict
Glad to hear you got it figured out!! I had a 2006. 37.5 pilot 2nd clip and 400 main. Crisp. Bought the 08. Tried same jetting and it was way lean!!!! 45 pilot 430 main and needle second clip. Now it's awesome.

D

DTS

I think we have the bike pretty close now but Jonathan broke his arm at Briarcliff so he out for about 4 to 6 weeks.
Dang, It's been a rough year. Rupert posted photos on vital from the race. I saw one of your son and hunter Duffy sittin on the gate. I was psyched when I saw the YZ was back in action. Hope he heels up quick. Same with u Georgie!