5th annual Moto Mayhem

Wow, what a way to wrap up the season. From our point of view it was the best to date, smooth as butter. We broke our personal record for paid campers(189) although spectator attendance was down (1,394). Final weekend count last I heard was 610 entries. We busted out 4 solid practice sessions Saturday, finished quad racing with ample time Saturday night and Saturday night festivities were for real. Although I had six flaggers not show up Sunday morning, we shuffled some folks around and got rolling at 8:07. Racing started around 9:35. Had one squad run all weekend. We rolled through Sunday like a boss, wrapping up at 4:30.
Now to address the mentioned concerns I've heard. 1. PA System on too late: I started towards the sound building at 8:30PM Saturday evening to shut it down, but kept getting pulled other directions. I guess I didn't realize it was that late once I finally got there. My apologies. 2: Fireworks: To the people complaining about the fireworks show, cmon really. 'Merica man!!! 3. lap times too fast: our lap times are right on par with other tracks in Ohio, lap times are very sensitive in changing the whole time frame of the race day. 4: PA microphone troubles: last night via social media was the first I'd heard of it. If you see or here a problem ya gotta bring it to our attention. Thanks to all the spectators, riders, parents, sponsors and especially the CTMX GANG! Most folks may have no clue what effort it takes to display and execute a race event like this past weekend. I sincerely appreciate the chance, opportunities and time you have provided to make ChilliTown mx a reality. Jeremy Forcum

And they had the music playing on the PA till 10:50 PM for those of us with kids racing. ( 5 to 9 years old) It was loud if you were near or close to a speaker.

Shut that PA down at 5 PM, by then we need quiet and tranquilizers!

Other than that awesome.......

I apologize for this...in the midst of the OSU game and Monster Cup and all of the other activities going on I forgot to get that shut off. My fault!

1:30 is blistering fast on that track. I couldn't stay at 1:50 consistently.... either they cut some out, or I'm just stupid slow. (but I am slow, not arguing that!)
Let's do the numbers:

4 laps at 1:50 lap time:
4 laps @ 1 minute = 4 minutes.
Add 50 seconds x 4 laps = 200.
Divide 200 by 60: 3.33 minutes;
Add 4+3.33 = 7.33 minutes per moto.

Seems reasonable.

Anybody got their lap time print outs they wanna scan?

Top 2 quad times I believe were 1:29.0 and 1:29.5. Those 2 guys were hitting the big triple by the road though. I mustered up a 1:36.5. Need to get the front end of my bike dialed in a little better and a better front brake and I should knock a little off that lap time. Love transponders, thanks for using them Chillitown! There was a little confusion in staging for us quad guys and the track a little too wet for practice but other than that it was a good time.

Regarding lap times, I'm with vet261. I do believe though that some nicely added corners would help slow the track down and extend seat time. A few sections are a little too fast IMO. However I'm not complaining, it's constructive criticism!!! My family and I had a GREAT time!

I would have had a better time if I would have parked by better neighbors.... Except for CK1.... He fed me!

Top 2 quad times I believe were 1:29.0 and 1:29.5. Those 2 guys were hitting the big triple by the road though. I mustered up a 1:36.5. Need to get the front end of my bike dialed in a little better and a better front brake and I should knock a little off that lap time. Love transponders, thanks for using them Chillitown! There was a little confusion in staging for us quad guys and the track a little too wet for practice but other than that it was a good time.
There must have been a glitch in scoring if I ran a 1:36.1 (even if it was only for a lap)

2: Fireworks: To the people complaining about the fireworks show, cmon really.

We almost left Saturday night because our dog was flipping out the entire time. This is a MX race not some drunkin beer festival, I can see maybe 15min of fireworks. Why not put the extra fireworks money back into the track or awards to the riders, this is the reason most of us come to this event. Besides the fireworks we had a good time and will probably make the +5hr trip back as long as the fireworks are limited...

Reactions: TBO
We almost left Saturday night because our dog was flipping out the entire time. This is a MX race not some drunkin beer festival, I can see maybe 15min of fireworks. Why not put the extra fireworks money back into the track or awards to the riders, this is the reason most of us come to this event. Besides the fireworks we had a good time and will probably make the +5hr trip back as long as the fireworks are limited...
We had virtual no money into the fireworks display. It was a demo put on by the Ohio Pyrotechnics Art Guild and they were displaying their work. We arranged for them to do their demo during our event. Sorry your dog didn't enjoy them. We made an announcement all day Saturday explaining our plans for fireworks. We have been overwhelmed with people praising us for such an awesome display. Sorry you weren't in agreement.

Your dog sucks! Get that big baby one of these.
image.jpg

Better yet, LEAVE IT AT HOME. Im sorry Greg but screw your dog. That display was awesome. Bringing a dog to a motocross race is irresponsible at best on your part. Everyone says "my dog would never hurt anyone" until it does. You knew there would be a lot of people at this race. You knew there was going to be kids everywhere for trick or treat and fireworks were also advertised. Yet you want everyone else to do without because of your dog? I love dogs. I have two, yet they have NEVER been to a race and they never will. Know why? Because I don't assume everyone at a race likes dogs.
Chilitown, if you want me to come back you are going to have to limit all that damn fresh air... This aint no darn tree hugger festival. Then again, it really isn't a dog festival either... hummmmmm

There were plenty of other people complaining about them Sunday morning but none now..typical PR

Knox, if my dog stays home I will stay home. Like I've said before, I like dogs more than most people! We had no problem with all the kids, heck we sat outside passing out candy for the trick or treating.

Then get him one of those thunder shirts. I have never seen fireworks at a local race (that was actually organized and not just some brats with m80's) I seen and played with several dogs last weekend. I love dogs but not everyone does. I have a nephew that completely freaks out when a dog gets within 30 feet of him.
Is the dog ok with the sound of the bikes? I start my sons bike and my dogs run through the wall to get away.

I was not all that stoked with the fireworks either. Fireworks, yes....dragging them on slowly for what seemed like hours, not so much. But I was by myself so I just put a pillow over my head. Actually I might have already had the pillow over my head because of the PA music, haha!

Fireworks at Malvern and Bc Battles Knox.......yep. Not that they were Epic or anything, but it happened. YOU NEED TO GET NORTH OF 70 MORE.

Greg's dogs are very well behaved, and he takes good care of them. Those dogs are more polite than most the riders I know. Fireworks were cool and impressive, but my kids werent affected like Greg's dogs either.

Who had that huge white dog? He was beautiful and I played with him during trick or treat. But man I would NOT want to hold that horse back.

Oh, and I live north of 70. about a half mile but still... Did not see the fireworks at BC. I have a hotel that night. Never made it to the Vern this year but we will next year if the boy ever figures out how to go faster then walking speed.

I had a problem with the fireworks too, I think I said that earlier. My dog didnt like them either but I figured that was my fault. However, the fireworks going on for 2 or more hours was ridiculous. Maybe the original display was short and others were firing them off for hours??? There was a great display then 10 min silence followed by another display and so on and so on. Then it turned into loud irritating massive booms every 15 min or so. The dog or kids fall asleep and BOOM every one is wide awake again. Uncalled for.

Back