5th annual Moto Mayhem

Yep, great time!!!! I was moto 8 & 20 and we were in line for the free dump station at 430 I think. Racing the ole 125 in the 30 and 40 classes sure proved to be work! Sooooo much fun! Kids had a blast and so did I, thanks for the great event. (AMA membership and all!!)

The PA and/or radio broadcast needs attention. They announcing was on par Sunday but we just couldnt understand what was being said most of the time.

Admit it, When you heard "fireworks show" you thought it was going to be Jeremy and one other guy almost blowing their thumbs off with bottle rockets and smoke bombs.... Who would think we would get a show that beats 99% of all forth of July shows? THAT was awesome.
First you hade Babe Ruth with his famous "Called Shot" in the '32 world series. Now you have and even more impressive Called Shot. As Ricky Henderson says. "I am the greatest of all time". When a fat guy tells you he is going to win any type of a cook-off. Its money.
504 bikes in one day and they are finished by 4:30. What? Not possible?
27 minuet intermission and the ENTIRE track was re-built. Again, not possible...
Great turnout for the costume contest. The Flintstones were impressive but how did Chewbacca not win? At 2am I would have paid $1000 for that costume to use as a blanket. It got COLD in that trailer. I did not think your nut sack could freeze to an air mattress but I stand corrected.
I missed the "Adult hayride", I need details... I did not see a brass pole on the wagon so I obviously missed couch dances? Damnit.
Having a big tent and a huge heater made it nice while watching the game. To bad all you guys only wanted to watch the damn Buckeyes.
Cant wait to see the track next year with the new starting gate location and other changes.

Alright now the down side. Mr. and Mrs. ESCORE. How in the blue hell could it take so long to return a transponder? They are already paid for. All we are doing to giving them back. I really like transponders and for sure think it is the way all tracks should go in the future but how a company that is based solely on technology could still rely on someone to look your transponder # up just to find your name, then find a piece of paper with your name on it, then cutting the receipt off the bottom really makes you think, Are they doing is on purpose just to get people to buy them?
Come on, a 5 year old could design a system for this process. Why not bar code them. Scan them as returns and the computer spits out a receipt, DONE.

That was a GREAT weekend. Fantastic job by everyone in the CTMX staff.
Gate crew: thanks for keeping the racing going. That is how you run a staging area.
Signup girls: I had ZERO wait and even though we have to sign way too many forms and releases, you ladies do it right. And the cute redhead in signup. Hey, How you doing? No im not married this weekend...

It really is unbelievable how well an event is run at Chilitown. If you are a racer and not making the trip here, you at really missing out. Heck, even if your not racing I still would not miss it.

And now the wait until next year begins... When is the OMA 2016 schedule coming out???

Regarding 2016 schedule ---- PLEASE TRY TO AVOID SCHEDULING ON TOP OF MID OHIO VINTAGE MOTORCYCLE DAYS IN 2016!

Ck won the chili cook off? My fiancé would murder that contest. Or any type of pie baking contest. She's ridiculous. Was truly meant to be a "baker" haha.

Anyway, love CHILITOWN, and you think it can't get better but it does every event. That's what I gather just from reading as I wasn't in attendance.

My only gripe is the PA. It sucked bad this time.
And they had the music playing on the PA till 10:50 PM for those of us with kids racing. ( 5 to 9 years old) It was loud if you were near or close to a speaker.

Shut that PA down at 5 PM, by then we need quiet and tranquilizers!

Other than that awesome.......

No, it is a current recipe but the key to making it that good is time. See, I did not have 37 different chili pots going all at once.
I got a hot chilly sample on a cold night! Thank you CK! Was awesome! My wife was angry I did not share!

My biggest complaints were the piss Willy music blaring from the PA till almost 11pm and the 2hrs of fire works was a bit much. I'm all for seeing fire works but they went on too long...my dog and other dogs were flipping out because of it.

This was my first trip to CT and it was fun, loved the pits! Had some awesome racing with Smith!

My biggest complaints were the piss Willy music blaring from the PA till almost 11pm and the 2hrs of fire works was a bit much. I'm all for seeing fire works but they went on too long...my dog and other dogs were flipping out because of it.

This was my first trip to CT and it was fun, loved the pits! Had some awesome racing with Smith!

Really? You call crashing 2 times, hurting your shoulder and breaking your nose fun???? I think we have that racing magnet thing going, kinda like Hudak and Rocket.

Oh, and how in the hell did I miss out on CK1 chilli? Or any for that matter? No one came and knocked on my door before heading up?? Effing cold weather sucks.

Oh, and how in the hell did I miss out on CK1 chilli? Or any for that matter? No one came and knocked on my door before heading up?? Effing cold weather sucks.
should have been out at the fire. Not my fault if you dont drink beer. Are you a commie or something?

Really? You call crashing 2 times, hurting your shoulder and breaking your nose fun???? I think we have that racing magnet thing going, kinda like Hudak and Rocket.
image.jpg

Great time this weekend despite the cold temps and busting my ass in practice saturday! Too many positive comments to post, but the one negative i have is the short ass races. 4 laps on a 1:30-40 lap time track goes WAY too quick!

Thanks for another Great weekend of racing Chillitown! Hopefully i have better luck there next year! lol

1:30 is blistering fast on that track. I couldn't stay at 1:50 consistently.... either they cut some out, or I'm just stupid slow. (but I am slow, not arguing that!)
Let's do the numbers:

4 laps at 1:50 lap time:
4 laps @ 1 minute = 4 minutes.
Add 50 seconds x 4 laps = 200.
Divide 200 by 60: 3.33 minutes;
Add 4+3.33 = 7.33 minutes per moto.

Seems reasonable.

Anybody got their lap time print outs they wanna scan?

Last edited:
The track was fast this past weekend, likely due to the windy conditions drying it out quickly before it got very rough.

Back