As the season comes to an end, something the promoters need to think about.

I like these suggestions and also feel there are WAAAY too many classes (speaking of GLMX and D14 in MI).

Perhaps it wouldn't help turnouts by reducing classes, but it would sure make it more meaningful to place xth out of 15-20 bikes instead of 1st out of 5.

True, but then promoters would have to give trophies out to 15th place so everyone feels like they won something. You must of missed the memo that American's would rather be provided for than earn something they are proud of!

You did purposely wait and wave by Jeremy hand at big games 2 stroke day so you didn't have to do an extra lap.....:rolleyes:

What this heck is Trail and 85/100? I never hear the "trail" contingent complaining about moto, never.

What do you mean " what is trail" Trail = trail bike classes i.e. what we have now in CRA at least jr. sr. trailbike..... uhhh, 85/100 = jr. sr. and super mini..... What are you, new?

No vet classes, no need for them, they all will fall into the C,B,A groups.

No need for them? They are one of the largest demographics actually AT the races....and I for one am not lining up against some 15 year old that doesn't have the maturity level to know how to make a clean pass because he wants to take home a trophy, he's not paying my medical bills if he causes me to go down, he's not going to fill in for me at work while I'm out injured....

What are you, new?

First off... I would like to thank all the promoters, track workers, vendors, flaggers, and all the others that help every weekend to put on a race.
Well done...
Now, I really can't understand why there's so much complaining about everything. You should feel lucky that we have a place to race and practice.
Also, cutting any classes will cut that number of racers and money to keep the track operating.
For the most part...getting a larger number of racers per class is getting harder and harder because of the tracks the are open for practice that day.(another can of worms).
This is one of the reasons there are multiple classes on the gate.
The bottom line...if you don't like the number of classes and who's on the gate with you...don't race.
All these people that are putting on a race for you...and all you do is bitch.
Once again...Everyone that runs these programs for us.
THANK YOU.

Michael Brian
Vet+50 #21

First off... I would like to thank all the promoters, track workers, vendors, flaggers, and all the others that help every weekend to put on a race.
Well done...
Now, I really can't understand why there's so much complaining about everything. You should feel lucky that we have a place to race and practice.
Also, cutting any classes will cut that number of racers and money to keep the track operating.
For the most part...getting a larger number of racers per class is getting harder and harder because of the tracks the are open for practice that day.(another can of worms).
This is one of the reasons there are multiple classes on the gate.
The bottom line...if you don't like the number of classes and who's on the gate with you...don't race.
All these people that are putting on a race for you...and all you do is bitch.
Once again...Everyone that runs these programs for us.
THANK YOU.

Michael Brian
Vet+50 #21

Ironically the facts do not back-up your statement.
Here are the FACTS on one given race. Chilitowns spring race.
They ran 26 bike classes with a total of 445 entries by 254 different humans. That is an average of 17.11 per entries /per class OR 57% of the riders are riding more then one class.
If they would have had just the 13 classes that I proposed they would have had 284 entries by 213 different humans. Or 21.84 per class. OR 75% of the riders are riding more then one class.

So reducing the number of classes by 50% results in a decline of just 36.2% of entries but only 16.2% of the humans coming in the gate.

I understand that promoters want to boost on the "we had 700 entries" but the number you should be trying to hit and be most proud of is the average per class. That creates efficiency and should increase the profit margin.

This is not bitching. This is making suggestions to improve the experience for the riders while sustaining the tracks. I am very thankful to the owners and promoters and offer and give help anytime I am asked, but without the riders, they don't exist... and vice versa. So why not make the process befit both sides?

Here are the results from Glass City M/C (Delta, OH) from May 30, 1987. This was enough classes back then. I don't expect we'll ever go back to this, but one can always hope.

Capture.JPG

So reducing the number of classes by 50% results in a decline of just 36.2% of entries but only 16.2% of the humans coming in the gate.

I understand that promoters want to boost on the "we had 700 entries" but the number you should be trying to hit and be most proud of is the average per class. That creates efficiency and should increase the profit margin.

I'm sorry but this is absurd. Reducing the classes by 50% results in a decline of JUST 36.2%. That's more than 1/3 of the promoters race fee income! Take away 1/3 of any tracks income and they will close within a year.

OMG....what is everyone missing here???????????

Its not about cutting riders, its about cutting classes!!!!!!!!!

The same number of riders will show up and still pick a second class to ride in! Im racing 2 classes if its 450 B and +40 or if its +30 and Extra. Remember that class? Extra? It was to give people another chance to race. Cut all these BS "give me my plastic trophy or stupid wooden plaque" classes. Lets race some full gates. And if people wont ride 6 or 8 laps then leave them at 4 or 5 and the day will be shorter. And back in my hay day we raced rain or shine. You couldnt let everyone know by internet that the track was rained out so you just raced. Lets bring that back too!

If not I will still be there, lets race!

Ironically the facts do not back-up your statement.
Here are the FACTS on one given race. Chilitowns spring race.
They ran 26 bike classes with a total of 445 entries by 254 different humans. That is an average of 17.11 per entries /per class OR 57% of the riders are riding more then one class.
If they would have had just the 13 classes that I proposed they would have had 284 entries by 213 different humans. Or 21.84 per class. OR 75% of the riders are riding more then one class.

This is not bitching. This is making suggestions to improve the experience for the riders while sustaining the tracks. I am very thankful to the owners and promoters and offer and give help anytime I am asked, but without the riders, they don't exist... and vice versa. So why not make the process befit both sides?

You wouldn't get even 284 entries, that's a linear assumption. The turnouts are based on a curve of the weather conditions and whether or not people think its a big race. If you cut out the possibility of a 700 rider turnout you will lose more riders than the classes you cut. Stamp it.

OMG....what is everyone missing here???????????

Its not about cutting riders, its about cutting classes!!!!!!!!!

The same number of riders will show up and still pick a second class to ride in! Im racing 2 classes if its 450 B and +40 or if its +30 and Extra. Remember that class? Extra? It was to give people another chance to race. Cut all these BS "give me my plastic trophy or stupid wooden plaque" classes. Lets race some full gates. And if people wont ride 6 or 8 laps then leave them at 4 or 5 and the day will be shorter. And back in my hay day we raced rain or shine. You couldnt let everyone know by internet that the track was rained out so you just raced. Lets bring that back too!

If not I will still be there, lets race!

another assumption

You wouldn't get even 284 entries, that's a linear assumption. The turnouts are based on a curve of the weather conditions and whether or not people think its a big race. If you cut out the possibility of a 700 rider turnout you will lose more riders than the classes you cut. Stamp it.
That is an assumption Maybe the numbers go up because people KNOW they are going to get more bang for their buck...
Its all an assumption because no one is willing to try it and see...
Adversely, if you had 54 classes are you going to get 1400 entries?

If this is the the best thing for motocross and everybody wants it (just like everybody wanted a GP series for the same reasons) then surely it is being done successfully somewhere in the country. Give us an example. We have an example from Kentucky and one from Pennsylvania where it didn't work and still we have guys standing along the fence cheering for it. Why? Because when it fails, hey it's not going to cost them anything.

That is an assumption Maybe the numbers go up because people KNOW they are going to get more bang for their buck...
Its all an assumption because no one is willing to try it and see...
Adversely, if you had 54 classes are you going to get 1400 entries?

No didn't I just say its on a curve......if you go to far up the curve it goes the other way, because there are too many people! ha ha.

Meaning people at some point don't go because they think there will be too many people. True story.

Back