OMA 2016 News and Updates!!!

We were at Muddy Creek this past summer for one of their Mega Series races which is promoted by Victory Sports and AMA sanctioned.
They ran they following beginner classes and it seemed to work for them:

- 50 beginner
- 65D
- 85D
- 250D
- 450D
- Unlimited C/D

I know in their first year the OMA ran a beginner mini class for 65/85's.

We were at Muddy Creek this past summer for one of their Mega Series races which is promoted by Victory Sports and AMA sanctioned.
They ran they following beginner classes and it seemed to work for them:

- 50 beginner
- 65D
- 85D
- 250D
- 450D
- Unlimited C/D

I know in their first year the OMA ran a beginner mini class for 65/85's.

NO! Way to many class additions. A D rider really should not be on the track with another class probably. In the 65 and 85 class, I don't worry too much about true beginners. They dont have issues at that age. My opinion, just one D class is needed. Unlimited motor size, as long as it is a minimum 125 and up.

NO! Way to many class additions. A D rider really should not be on the track with another class probably. In the 65 and 85 class, I don't worry too much about true beginners. They dont have issues at that age. My opinion, just one D class is needed. Unlimited motor size, as long as it is a minimum 125 and up.
I can agree with that.

So, adults with at lease better reasoning skills get a class broken up into A, B, C and now D, but an inexperienced child has to ride with ALL of the other kids on the same size machine? If you had never been around motocross and heard that, you would assume it was a typo and was clearly intended to be the other way around. Youth classes by FAR have the biggest difference between first and last. Yes, my son is slow. He has been lapped EVERY moto but one this year in the 50 7-8, but not once have I or any else that I know of, asked for a 50 beginner class. (50 PW not included) He has not won a single trophy this year (aside from the participation awards that he no long bothers picking up) and he is fine with that and understands that he has to improve to win a trophy. But a grown damn man has to have a special class just so he can win a $3 dust collector? Really?
Im torn, if it brings people to the sport, than I guess I can handle it. If it is just another class that lengthens the day and shorten the motos for everyone else just so some douche who may never race again can win a trophy, then I hope it disappears quickly.

Victorys policy for D class

ALL D Class Riders:
During a series if a rider receives 3 wins or 4 second place finishes or a total of 4 race combination of the two (must be a miminum of 7 riders in the class) the rider will be advanced at that time. At the end of the year all D class riders who have won an event will be advanced as of December 31. If you’re fast enough to win the D Class, then you need to start the series in the C Class. If a rider has previously won a championship in any series any class (excluding Women & Girls) that rider has to advance by December 31 that same year. When you get advanced, you don’t take your points with you. The D Class is a beginner class and a chance to try racing to see if you like it. It isn’t a place to plan on winning a championship.

Youth D Class Riders:
You can race a 2nd class, but if you place in the “TOP 30%” you will be out of the D Class. This Youth Rule is based on 10 rider minimum class.

He has been lapped EVERY moto but one this year in the 50 7-8, but not once have I or any else that I know of, asked for a 50 beginner class. (50 PW not included)

Haha, My son got lapped when he got 5th at the first Chillitown battle race in the PW class. Talk about sandbagging! But I havent heard anyone asking for a beginner PW class either. The kids that won the PW class jumped on to their KTMs and Cobras to go place very well (and win) the 50 cc Jr class.

Come on, give us the REAL meat and potatoes of it before I spill the beans!!!!
No beans this time......

So this time the kittens came out of the bag first?

What came first, the kitten or the cat? How many bags until the kitten has to be advanced to a cat? If the kitten signs up as a cat, but is actually a kitten, can it still be considered a kitten for moto 2?
I will release the one of the two biggest cats this evening, prefereably after dinner. I find it easier to let them out on a full stomach.....

That's it, I can't take it any more! OIR has been taken over by mxsports and will be holding an AMA national event that will also be part of the OMA series!

rah rah is in there, just got to dig deep
I could see the need for a 50 beginner class. First time riders, age 4-8 any 50cc bike.These little guys may not have the track wherewithal that older kids have when lapping slower riders. And would give newbies a place to run crf 50s. But that would eliminate the 50 open. Don't need 5 50 classes. Or run beginners with PWs and jr/sr together. Eh, that is a different thread don't want to hijack this one. Still waiting on the bigger news, like when is the banquet? Is that what we are waiting for?

This is my honest and immediate thought to whether kids need a D class:

How GREAT would it be if the new Miss Monster would interview The Dung on the podium and he busted out that answer.
"Congratulation Ryan on your big win. Tell us how you made that pass?"

"I like turtles"

Her head would explode.

Back