OMA 2016 News and Updates!!!

Wow Route 62 Western Reserve two great tracks we love to ride, along with the existing OMA tracks. Never Been to Easy Fork or Dirt Country, lookin forward to it.

Question for ya JO...what has changed in your mindset from when you were apart of starting OMA to planning your 4th year...seriously?

Question for ya JO...what has changed in your mindset from when you were apart of starting OMA to planning your 4th year...seriously?

I think more about how our decisions will affect our tracks in the various areas. Id like to think I'm a little wiser and that we have learned valuable lessons on previous decisions.

Back in my short stint at D11, I often thought about Ohio as one big motocross unit, how could it happen. I knew Malvern was a very key component. The day that Jason called to inform me he was buying Malvern, I was intrigued. The day he decided to leave CRA, I was excited. Now, I think we are closer than ever. Its not getting any easier, we still have plenty of doubters, plenty of people that disagree with us. That's fine. I now about 800 people that will be psyched out of their minds come January 30th at the 2015 OMA Banquet and awards festival.

Congrats to the new tracks, western reserve suprised me. Great track and all around facility, just thought OMA was strictly no clubs.

Congrats to the new tracks, western reserve suprised me. Great track and all around facility, just thought OMA was strictly no clubs.
Honestly, they impressed us with how they conducted their meeting. They had good questions. And quite frankly, I think they want to do a good job, that's the quality that I think all of our tracks have. Whether its a good day or a bad day, they want to do better.

I like it. More $10 gift cards for me. The schedule will be interesting. Will there be divisions?
Maybe this will finally give some of the tracks left out in the cold here in the south to make the badly needed changes. Guess we shall see

With more tracks comes more opportunities for creavity.

A GP series can work now as long as each track puts in a good effort unlike the past.

Division`s in 2016...but that might be pushing it...maybe 2017.

Expand Battle Series with qualifiers at different tracks. North and South qualifiers. Maybe 2 races each for 2016.

Integration of more separate quad and bike days. (Invite OTC on quad days.)

Dedicated Youth Championship.

Dedicated and Honest Promoters...Hopefully.

CTMX adds a three wheeler race somewhere in there..many a folk have modded mini trikes (Pit bike racing basically) and their is also some nicely done 450 trikes. Lots of fun. Ya never know until you try. Well kinda. :)

So much to be thankful for.

Last edited:
I like it. More $10 gift cards for me. The schedule will be interesting. Will there be divisions?
Maybe this will finally give some of the tracks left out in the cold here in the south to make the badly needed changes. Guess we shall see
I think the negatives to create the blatantly obvious north and south, is that by defining where people should race you place limits on people. You will hamper the crossover racers that say live in the center of the state. I think for the first season we need to see how it goes. Take everyone's best 12-15 finishes, and let the racers define their series.

I will be unveiling criteria for the new and existing tracks to shoot for to gain consideration for a Battle event in the future. These events will be earned.

Ok not divisions persay...but an integration of structure to hold divisions as well as state races in the future. Business plan.

As for people to choose north or south is good...but can compete at any OMA tracks.

It's already a geographical certainty with the amount of tracks and racers in Ohio. Just not mature enough yet economicly speaking.

If you want and are ready for it (as much as you can be)... then start small but meaningful (qualifiers.)

As long as the world doesn't go to pot for another five years...keep racing.

Last edited:
That's kinda also the purpose for qualifiers...a chance for tracks to grow...qualifiers don't have to be fancy...just done right.

Back