OMA 2016 News and Updates!!!

I just say divisions because of having 9 outdoor tracks and just 26 to 30 weeks only allows 3 races per track all year.

I like the D class idea. My son hasn't raced since 2012 either, and realistically, just hasn't developed any speed. He's 14 now on a CRF150R now. What D class for him?

Every track has indicated how many races they would entertain running, it cant be a boiler plate 3 per location, some locations like OIR, Briarcliff, and Chillitown do not want to run 3. Some only want to run 3. Either way scheduling will be like our first year, tight. But we've done the math based on preliminary numbers, and the schedule is achievable.

I'm a northwest rider and would like to see an OMA track closer but of the 3 tracks in the region I'm not sure any of them are a great fit. Plus it would be hard to pull the northwest riders when Michigan tracks are closer.

Wow that's one big cat! That's great news for Ohio motocross. Easy Fork that's funny. The rutts down there were intense this weekend. All these tracks are top notch. Well done.

The PitRacer Series (Trademark pending) will be awesome. One race at each track throughout the year.

Having a series which would include a mandatory race a each track would be cool for some, but definitely tough for others due to the overall distance the OMA covers. For sure nothing first time or local racers would be interested in. Fortunately a lot of the tracks also offer free overnight camping.

A lot of tough decisions to be made but I'm sure it will all get worked out.

Having a series which would include a mandatory race a each track would be cool for some, but definitely tough for others due to the overall distance the OMA covers. For sure nothing first time or local racers would be interested in. Fortunately a lot of the tracks also offer free overnight camping.

A lot of tough decisions to be made but I'm sure it will all get worked out.

First time and local racers usually arent interested in a year end award either.

One year in CRA many moons ago I lost the 125B championship by one point. I only raced the person who one maybe 2 times that year, he raced every sat night at Malvern and I never did. I beat him both times I raced him. For a year end series award it would be nice to include the largest majority of the races AND require at least one race at each track. If this growing OMA body keeps the sunday races as a independent series from the Indoor, Fair and Night series it would be fantastic! It would also keep the number of races possible to something racers would be willing to try for. In the CRA back when I chased points in the mid 90's early 00's there were about 140 races between all of that and you counted your best 35. It didnt make sense to me.

Love the new improvements and the OMA growing. Just hope almost all tracks are quad friendly.
Thanks!! Getting excited forb2016 and the off season hasn't even been a month

So will dirt country and East Fork have to race quads now? Never have in the past.

SWOHMX Series points system is pretty fair. Must race a minimum of 50% of the scheduled races for year end awards. If there are 20 races, then the top 10 races would be counted towards your points. For example if you look at the points, my son is not in first in his classes because he did not race as many races as someone else. But when you figure the top 50% of the races, Matthew wins both classes. He had the most wins, and beat the guy ahead of him in total points every time they raced head to head. So that seems like a fair system to me. They also offer some bonus points if you race all the races at a track.

I heard something about the temperature in hell dropping significantly before quads race at DC, The Fork or 62...
Last I checked the forecast was for record highs.

So everything sounds cool so far but with the growth comes some obvious questions.
Keep in mind this is coming from purely the "racer standpoint"
1. It is still District X or X 11 version 2.0? Ok that one was for pure entertainment.
2. Is there now a board of directors? If so who and how does one get that placement?
3. Will there be scheduled meetings that riders can attend?
4. Kinda linked to #2 but is there a "voice of the racer rep"? Someone who the riders can voice concerns AND positive comments to that will take them to the board.
5. Is a new rule book in the works and or available for review by the racers before finalization?
6. All or some AMA sanctioned?
7. B and C class advancement point system?
8. Transponders for all events? (Please)

I will ease into this so I think that is enough for now?

Back