OMA 2016 News and Updates!!!

PA use to have a state series for BMX. There were 8 tracks so 7 of the tracks ran a qualifier and the other had the championship. The championship rotated each year. You could run all seven qualifiers but only your best 4 and a double points championship counted for your award. This pushes the riders to race more than just the tracks in their back yards.

2. Is there now a board of directors? If so who and how does one get that placement?

-Yes, By Majority Vote

3. Will there be scheduled meetings that riders can attend?

-We are progressive, they occur over the air waves, its like a matrix deal

4. Kinda linked to #2 but is there a "voice of the racer rep"? Someone who the riders can voice concerns AND positive comments to that will take them to the board.

-Me or Jason

5. Is a new rule book in the works and or available for review by the racers before finalization?

-We revise it every year

6. All or some AMA sanctioned?

-Some

7. B and C class advancement point system?

-For simplicity and ease of use, we will continue to use the rider classification used by the AMA

8. Transponders for all events? (Please)

-No

My personal opinion is that the OMA make all their races AMA races. This provides consistency with everything, class advancement is calculated on all the OMA races, etc. Why would there be any reason not to have all the races be AMA races??

My personal opinion is that the OMA make all their races AMA races. This provides consistency with everything, class advancement is calculated on all the OMA races, etc. Why would there be any reason not to have all the races be AMA races??
One reason I don't like them all AMA is the advancement points,doesn't take much if you race a lot to get bumped up.

One reason I don't like them all AMA is the advancement points,doesn't take much if you race a lot to get bumped up.

I disagree. We have had guys do very well in C class, and technically still be able to stay in C class under the AMA system. I believe the AMA system is fair, and would do all the tracking for the OMA for advancement.

I'm pleased to announce the first major change to the OMA for 2016. We will be adding a "D" designation class for beginning racers, there will be no year end points for this class, and we reserve the right to bump any rider out of the class if we feel they above this level or if they should be at a higher level. We will also be adding a 125cc 2 stroke class. This is the name of it, we will determine the CC limits prior to the first indoor event at Summit.

Additionally, KTM is back onboard for the Battle for Ohio Series, and they are putting together a year end contingency package for the Overall OMA Series!

I like the idea guys, but the main problem is that there needs to be an advancement process with the classes we have. The problem is not there isn't a beginner class...it's that theres C riders that should be forced to head to the B class. And same with a few B riders. The sandbagging in the C class is kind of ridiculous. I like the thought and innovation but in my opinion the true problem are advancement issues. The C class should be having the moving up process. (In my opinion) but ay what do I know, back to you David Bailey

I like the idea guys, but the main problem is that there needs to be an advancement process with the classes we have. The problem is not there isn't a beginner class...it's that theres C riders that should be forced to head to the B class. And same with a few B riders. The sandbagging in the C class is kind of ridiculous. I like the thought and innovation but in my opinion the true problem are advancement issues. The C class should be having the moving up process. (In my opinion) but ay what do I know, back to you David Bailey

Tough boat to float. There's Been 9 page discussions on dropping b and c and combining to a B/C. I don't want to explain why but that's pretty much not happening. Helps to force competition locally and doesn't interfere with the LL chasers. It's just a Theory who knows if it would work.

I think more about how our decisions will affect our tracks in the various areas. Id like to think I'm a little wiser and that we have learned valuable lessons on previous decisions.

Back in my short stint at D11, I often thought about Ohio as one big motocross unit, how could it happen. I knew Malvern was a very key component. The day that Jason called to inform me he was buying Malvern, I was intrigued. The day he decided to leave CRA, I was excited. Now, I think we are closer than ever. Its not getting any easier, we still have plenty of doubters, plenty of people that disagree with us. That's fine. I now about 800 people that will be psyched out of their minds come January 30th at the 2015 OMA Banquet and awards festival.
So goes life.

I think you are learning...slower than we like sometimes. (said in earnest)

I try to learn too...and you could say the same about me in ways.

Regardless of where we stand. OMA is Ohio Motocross.

Drop C. its a championship. If you dont make it try try again. only the top 42 125,250 or whatever make it.
Kids classes need to be age classes like they are.

Cats are getting restless again........Gotta let one more out before the weekend.

We are pleased to announce the addition of TV Land to the OMA promotor group. Trevor is a veteran racer with tons of motocross experience. He will anchor down the north east part of the state. Welcome aboard Trevor!

Last edited:
Back