Yett another Bubba move

So he practiced all week, I am sure ran a few 20 laps mains, and NEVER experienced blurred vision? I call BS. He would not have been there if he had any slight issues during the week.
But what I want to know, was there a second shooter on the grasses knoll. Lol!

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt this week. But He should seriously not be riding. And if Suzuki supports him they need to bench him.

It's not just the concussion. No one would even be debating if the last three years were different.

I don't like the guy since he was celebrating races by doing the sprinkler, the worm , remember all that?

But, none of us know what's up, I guarantee, he would rather to be racing.

Now that being said, he always said he likes seeing how bad he could beat everyone, winning was not enough.
Maybe it is ego, but 5 months after my concussion my head is still not right. For real, it's frustrating.

There ya go! I teed it up for all you DD bashers! Haha

I like you John but you are being an idiot. You have no idea about concussions.

http://www.pulpmx.com/swizcorner/swizcorner-ignorant-or-stupid
Good read.

Photos By: Jani Hovi

A couple weeks back when we saw James unable to line up for round-two of the series, I waxed on about how I hoped we’d see him back healthy this series. I was genuinely concerned that all the head trauma from years of pushing the speed(and helmet capabilities) to the limit and beyond was going to become a debilitating roadblock for James.

When he couldn’t make it past practice at Anaheim 2, I was actually a bit encouraged. He knew he wasn’t feeling 100% yet and made a tough, though mature, choice to forgo the night program.

This week though, that ill feeling in the pit of my stomach returned during James’ heat race. James’ intensity is always a little unsettling(maybe just invigorating) to watch but it was clear to me that everything was coming to James a little faster than his body was preparing for. He was shorting landings and twitchy in response to contact with obstacles he appeared to be expecting seconds and fractions of seconds later.

In the Main Event, this appearance of late reaction and bewilderment only amplified. It was obvious that something was wrong and James heeded his bodies insistence that he park it.

Here’s where my confusion with a vocal sect of the sport comes in. Even some former elite riders chiming in with completely ignorant takes on James thus far into 2016 and even specifically regarding his pulling out of the action in Oakland.

Raise your hand if you saw James go to sleep at Anaheim 1… Ok, that’s all of you. Keep your hand up if you’ve ever dealt with head trauma which resulted in you going to sleep… ok, a good number of hands down. All of you with your hands still up who believe James “quit” in Oakland because he was getting passed; you’re a hater and stupid. Not ignorant. Stupid.

I could be wrong but those eyes spell "surprised" in my mind.

Put yourself back in those shoes from when you were counting sheep after hitting your head, now imagine that being a recurring deal over your career and press fast-forward on your speed. Here we are, 3 weeks out from your most recent on-track slumber, which was no quick-blink from consciousness and trying to maintain pace with the #1 guys on the earth on SX. Even if you haven’t dealt with repeated concussions, everyone has dealt with over-exerting their body and the light-headedness that comes with maxed out heart rate when they are at less than 100%.

Those of you who haven’t been concussed but still believe James quit out of hurt pride or embarrassment, well you fall into the ignorant crowd. Until you have been concussed, you cannot begin to imagine the level of decline your body goes into when attempting to recuperate from such impacts. There is no more dynamic and complex system on the planet than the human brain and as much as the medical field has learned about it’s function and responses to medicine and trauma, it’s merely a grain of sand in relation to complete understanding.

Many of the negative affects of such trauma are immediate and unrecoverable, while others take longer to reveal themselves but similarly can be unrecoverable. One thing they have in common is, they are all forms of brain damage and to bring pride and entitlement into a far more serious discussion of health is disgusting. It’s not as simple as aligning your disdain for a rider with the basic visual of them just “quitting”.

Unfortunately, brain-injury is nowhere near as simple as much of the opinion-formulation expressed in this matter since Saturday.

Again, here’s to hoping James makes it back, healthy, in 2016.

Sponsor:

My last concussion - Dr. Told me - no dirt bike for 21 days and it was not nearly as severe as what JS7 experienced. I hope he makes a full recovery. Then, we will all be able to see what he does or does not have left. At the end of the day JS7 has 2 more titles than the rest of us like him or not.

Last edited:
Calling him a POS is pretty classless thing to do considering you have know idea what's going on his head! And your last sentence, please and thank you.
Your correct, I don't know what is going on in his head. Classless? Is this my first post you have read? If not then it should be no surprise.

Concussions are the main topic in tons of sports right now. Movies, lawsuits, a documentary about dudes that had many concussions are on every other day. I find it next to impossible that you could find ONE doctor that would clear someone, anyone, let alone a superstar of the sport to return to action if they showed ANY symptoms or lingering effects. He had to be cleared by his doctor and the medical staff at the track. So at least 2 MD's agree he is fine? So if he is still have effects and he was cleared by the doc's, is that grounds for a lawsuit?
Said it a hundred times. The guy is great for the sport. Heck, he is the sport for tons of people. He draws more coverage than anyone else while on the track. Even last week. He faded to mid pack and only rode half the race and was on the screen more then the Dung. If he is hurt then fine, sit out a month or two. But I for one believe his feelings were hurt ALOT more then his brain.
Prove me wrong James, sit out until the outdoors. Come back strong and win a championship. I will be more then happy to eat my words.

At one time, James was the best rider on the planet, and not sure anyone would disagree with that statement whether you like him or not. He had a record going for a few years where he either won the SX race or crashed, nothing in between, win or blow up..... while that sounds silly, who can go that fast to win every time if he doesn't crash? No one else, not even McGrath. Then he was also extremely fast outdoors..... he was riding a 125 against the 250F's and winning when the 250f's clearly were the way to go. He was that fast that he could take an inferior bike and still win against the superior bikes because of his superior skill. I think he may have been the best 125cc 2 stroke rider of all time! Then he went out and put together a 24-0 outdoor MX season on a 450 against the best riders in the world, won every moto...... he was the best. BUT - age and injuries catch up to everyone, and you start to slow down no matter how good you are. We love our old warriors that can still get the job done in their sport, like Brett Farve, Peyton Manning, Alex Rodriguez, Kobe Bryant, Jaromir Jagr, Mike Larroco, Chad Reed and many others that have still been great at advanced ages in their chosen sport. James is there now, he's old for the sport of Professional SX / MX and he has had his share of injuries and set backs over the years. He's not the fastest guy on the track every time he stays upright anymore, and he has to work for it. But even in his slowed down old state, he's pretty good and can still run at the front end of the field. And with the right layout, the right dirt consistency, etc he might be the only guy to be able to do something on the track, and will still be able to win a race or two in a season. I don't think he has any championships left in him, because that would require a whole season of great races and I don't think he can last that long. But he's got enough left in him for someone to employ him as a professional rider and hope he gets 1-3 wins a years plus all the other hoopla that goes with him. He attracts attention still.....

So his career is waning, but given the choice between a proven winner like Peyton Manning or drafting a College Phenom like Johnny Manziel....... would you put your money on the new young guy or pay that old guy to hope he's still got enough skill left to win games for you? I think that answer is pretty clear from the people writing the checks..... safer played money is on the old proven winner, while the super risk takers go with the Johnny Manziels and hope for the miracle. James earned these rides now in his younger years when he was winning everything, and those young bucks gotta step up and knock him off his pedestal and prove they are better all the time, to get him out of that spot.

As for his concussion symptoms, I won't comment because it's different for every person and they are the only ones that know if their head is right or not. I hope he gets back to riding well and makes it interesting for a few races with some great racing. I love Dungey and KTM, but would like to see some good racing for my entertainment. James can provide that sometimes when he's riding well.

OK, I've sat back and listened to all of your untrained opinions long enough.
Let's first take a look back a few years when James was Bubba. I recall a few times he crashed hard staggered to his bike, got run over because he had no clue which way was up, and the boards lit up because he had no business on the track. He was not only endangering himself but everyone else on the track. We can't have it both ways.
If I remember wasn't it head injuries that cut Mr Heplers career short?
You have to give it time. And no one really knows how long that is. Including James.

I got knocked out at Dirt Country two years ago. First and only time ever the lights went out on me. I don't remember the wreck to this day. Was in lala land for the next couple hours. I never went to the doctor, but I am sure I probably had a concussion. I stayed off the bike for about a month, just in case I did .

The thing that I am getting at is the same thing Knox is saying. A doctor would NEVER clear him if he had symptoms. Also, he obviously practiced fine through out the week. So just seems a little strange to me that he has issues in the main.

Back