Round 8 at Georgia Dome

So if Hershey's brother JS7 was not racing 5 and 25. Why did JS7 look back at them a couple turns back then not move over?
Read some of MM stuff or listen to his post race interviews, where MM said he looked back at them and thought he was going to yield like the other 10 or so riders they lapped.

Dick move.

Actually he said he was told by others that he looked back. JS7 held his line, thats all the rules require him to do. He let them both by cleanly in the corner and moved far left exiting after they went by before tripling when Dungey only doubled.

Only an Obama or Hillary endorser would think it was JS7 fault.

BTW it was reported that JS7 made a 5k deposit in his bank monday morning.........

So if Hershey's brother JS7 was not racing 5 and 25. Why did JS7 look back at them a couple turns back then not move over? .
He did. He was far left.

Read some of MM stuff or listen to his post race interviews, where MM said he looked back at them and thought he was going to yield like the other 10 or so riders they lapped.

Dick move.

I didn't say he couldn't have done more to let them by, just that I didn't think he was the worst thing to talk about that happened the past weekend. The opportunity was there. MM didn't take it as well as he could have. I feel bad for MM. Wanted him to win and to be honest was thinking dick move on JS7's part at first, but after replay felt he gave them plenty of room. Dungey didn't have an issue and he had to avoid a squirrel....

Far left. So he was 2 feet from the spline. The. He takes up another foot. Which hogs up 2 more feet to his right.

That 5 feet of real estate on a 20 foot wide track. That's 25% of the track. So two competiters only had 75% to race on when js7 coulda backed it off and hugged the inside and let them race into the rhythm. But no, the fastest man on the planet wasn't bout pull off, he's not a quitter!

Im drinking a lot of water today. Preparing for the pissing match that is about to ensue....

They are professionals. Their is this thing called professional courtesy. Bubba got Blue Flag 4 times. He should have slowed for a brief second, and moved over on the flat start straight. Let the leaders by.........that is what is called professional courtesy. If Bubba had been MM, and MM did not move over for Bubba, Bubba and Big James would go ballistic. Riding around in 14th place, he was no factor in a podium finish, and should have been a professional and moved over. In the words of DD...........Dick Move.

What's it matter now !?! Applies to dead ambassadors for Hillbillary and effing up the race leaders when you're in 14th for Stewart . Might be a family trait as Mookie must not have seen the yellow flag before he rode into the downed bike either .

From my point of view there seemed to be 2 things that combined to bring Musquin down on the last lap of the race.

First, James should have gotten out of the way more and let those guys by in an easy part of the track when they came up on him and it's 2 guys fighting for the lead. The perfect place was the flat start straight..... just go slow down the start in any straight line and they blow by you and it effects no one.

Second, Marvin cased the triple he was going for outside of James being in his way and almost went down because of his own "coming up short" on that jump. Now, was James a factor and did Marvin take a different line / rut on the take off than he had been taking earlier, I don't know. If Marvin moves over 1 or 2 ruts from his normal line, there is the possibility that the launch was lower and more worn in than what he was used to and caused the "almost" crash, therefore James being there screwed him up. But those guys are adjusting to different lines the whole race when they come upon lappers (James being the 8th guy that they were lapping at that point) and should be able to do the jumps from almost any line on the track with the proper run at it.

I think they were both at fault here to some degree, and Dungey is always there to capitalize, but boy was that close to being a pile up of the leaders on the last lap, almost giving Reed the win!!!! Racing things happen, look at Hahn, Short, and Nicoletti who are all injured in a racing incident that just happened. It's part of the deal. No matter who you are, you still need a little luck on your side from time to time.

Ok, you sound like hillary.

My point exactly, all of you "It was Stewart" people sound that way. Its a race, ride according to conditions. JS7 did exactly what the rules say to do. If he hadnt MM and KTM would be all over the AMA to get him fined. An interview the next day MM said he didnt really want to blame it on JS7 , it was his own fault.

Its just a coincidence that MooseGain managed to jump the triple out of the corner 19 straight times with no problem. All with The Dunge right on his rear wheel.
Within the rules? Sure.
Dick move? No doubt.

But hey, Stewey still managed to be the center of the attention even a lap down. Maybe it is nothing more then marketing genius.

It is 70% Stews fault and 30% Marvins. Stew had ample time to move over or stop. He was getting blue flags just after going over the wall. It was all Stews fault from wall jump until the whoop section after the finish. He started to head left in the whoops and aimed for the inside of the turn. He accomplished this and now after 3 sections was finally out of the way. However he had 0% involvement with MM making a mistake. He hit that line 18 other laps, he knew what speed he needed to clear that triple. He went for it on his own after not hitting the turn fast enough. Also what makes it MM fault is that he could have just doubled in, past stew, and more than likely would of held on for the win. Dunge was trying to go inside(he definitely wouldn't triple) and there would have been no room to get by Stew and MM. Its a bummer Stew stayed in front long enough for this to be a discussion but in reality it was MM that went for the triple and had the mental error.

If he hadnt MM and KTM would be all over the AMA to get him fined.

Keep in mind KTM still won the race. If that caused KTM to lose the race and someone like Reed win, you bet they would be complaining about it to the AMA. And, how do you know they aren't complaining? I'm willing to bet Stewart got a little talking to about it.

Back