Eastfork Race

ck1racerx

PR Addict
The south half of the state only has 3 tracks with only 23% of the races on the schedule for the year. Clearly the south has more Then 1/2 the racers so do you really think we are going to drive 4 hours to race a regular local race each weekend? Yeah, if that is the final plan then it will not work. Plain and simple.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
It's never going to be perfect, but we have been able to stick to only one Oma point paying event on one day, as far as I know, since our inception, not a stupid 50 mile rule or 2 hours apart or what have you from other districts or sanctioning bodies. Only 1.

So what should we do? Tell the tracks sorry you will only buy fuel from our selected distributors? U can only use John Deere equipment, you can only have table tops? You can't have guys in sign up? i think you guys need to contact east fork directly and tell them how you feel. Turning this into an Oma needs to rule the world type issue doesn't work. If you don't like it go vote for Bernie.

This is survival of the fittest, i guess we will see who promotes the best event.

hershey

PR Elite
It's never going to be perfect, but we have been able to stick to only one Oma point paying event on one day, as far as I know, since our inception, not a stupid 50 mile rule or 2 hours apart or what have you from other districts or sanctioning bodies. Only 1.

So what should we do? Tell the tracks sorry you will only buy fuel from our selected distributors? U can only use John Deere equipment, you can only have table tops? You can't have guys in sign up? i think you guys need to contact east fork directly and tell them how you feel. Turning this into an Oma needs to rule the world type issue doesn't work. If you don't like it go vote for Bernie.

This is survival of the fittest, i guess we will see who promotes the best event.

Wow, thats a strong statement. Basically your tell tracks you convinced to join the OMA that its every track for themselves. Its not about what product to use, its about unity of the OMA. Tracks join the OMA hoping for more attendance by virtue of a race schedule and belief that the organization has their best interest in mind.

Your last statement directly throws them to the wolves. I predict the OMA, if those values remain unchanged, will not last in its current form more than 5 years.....if that.

John250

PR Founding Father
I actually like the 150 mile radius rule for local races. it would increase OMA numbers with sign ups....doesn't so much per entry go to the banquet? As Knox said, people are not going to drive 4 hours for a local race. If EF race coming up was OMA points paying, who benefits? my opinion the OMA and the riders. Now for the big races, battle of Ohio, I totally understand those weekends should be off limits to run against, because you want maximum amounts of people at those three weekends.

As I said, the radius rule would be good. If your gonna let a track practice 15 minutes from a track racing, do you really think two tracks both paying points racing against each other over 150 miles apart is an issue???

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app

John250

PR Founding Father
Actually Dirt Country ran a SWOHMX race against CTMX battle round and drew fairly well still. And they are not that far away. Some people are looking for something smaller with less crowd.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app

jrminiquad

PR Addict
I don't have a problem with the East Fork race being the same day as WRMC, ONLY because of the distance between them. I don't think WRMC would have drawn many riders from the Cincinnati area.

There is a problem though that all new OMA tracks were told that IF they ever wanted to be considered for a Battle race in the future, they needed to show that they had the capability to handle a race of that level. The Super Series race was meant to showcase those capabilities. Part of the requirements were a minimum number of sign-ups. So by having another OMA track having a race the same day, WRMC is already handicapped on that portion of the requirements.

hershey

PR Elite
There is a problem though that all new OMA tracks were told that IF they ever wanted to be considered for a Battle race in the future, they needed to show that they had the capability to handle a race of that level. The Super Series race was meant to showcase those capabilities. Part of the requirements were a minimum number of sign-ups. So by having another OMA track having a race the same day, WRMC is already handicapped on that portion of the requirements.

WRMC would be a perfect venue for a Battle round!! I remember racing the old CRA Triathalon there, what a fantastic fun weekend those were, probably the funnest races Ive ever been in. MX, HS and Flat Track events combined scores for an overall finish.

I believe you would pull riders from southern Ohio, its a series event and its already been cut short 2 races due to weather. Obviously the OMA doesnt care how well you promote or what your turnouts are. JO made that clear above. Im glad I dont treat my employees like that, Id be working by myself.

jrminiquad

PR Addict
I guess what we are missing here is East Fork's response to all this. Why the necessity to schedule a race on top of another member's race (and a Super Series race to boot)?

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Its not an OMA race. I would bet that the East Fork crowd and the WR crowd are 95% different, if not more. No difference then a track having practice against a scheduled race. There is only 1 points paying event that day. If points is what your after then have at it. If not, then The Fork is giving us in the south an option.
Its a tough call. Guess this can be chalked up as growing pains???

OK, I do have one question about the "Super Series" hindsight being 20/20... If a track has a Battle Race why do they get a SS race?
Just though of another ? What if a couple of the non Battle tracks created another series within the series?
Whatever happened to the "Track championship" Us to be kinda important. Any tracks still do that? Back when we had stone wheels and drum brakes. Local sponsors would look at that as important.

jrminiquad

PR Addict
Every track got a Super Series date, whether they had one race or ten races on the schedule. It was to be billed as their "big" race of the year. As far as tracks that have Battle races, why would you penalize them from having both? The Battles are the best thing going, more economical to racers than the qualifiers, great competition, and frankly, I don't think any other track is ready to host one of those other than the big three now.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
I don't think it would be a "penalty" for the three to not have a SS race. I think it would work in the other direction. The three already have a special race so maybe the SS would be a way to build the other tracks so one day they could have a Battle type event. No big deal, just a view point.

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
So what should we do?

You should represent your initial proposal of the OMA being a non-profit organization that's here to represent Ohio MX riders by bringing a strong racing scene to our state....... Not every man or track for themselves.

I appologize ahead of time if I misunderstood the reason behind the OMA.

Last edited:

MX_Implements

PR Addict
Sure Jeremy is an a*****e/dick , has red hair , rides quad and kinda chubby but he isn't an idiot. The people complaining don't have a dog in this fight.
First you complain about practice and now this. D11 survived a long time running like this. Almost every weekend 2 to 3 track would be running.

owndjoo

PR Member
I see no problem with it. Either you are chasing OMA points or you're not. No way in hell am I driving all the way across the state for the WRMC race, but I'm also not chasing points. I'm just happy to find a place within 2 hours to be able to race at and not just PRACTICE. The NE is spoiled with tracks, I used to live there. Being over here near Bellefontaine, really puts it in perspective about travel and choice of races/practices. It's not an OMA race, so it's not detracting from those racing for OMA points. It IS providing a place for others to race that is closer and is providing a great option for the track's more local clientele. Like has been said before, the racers that will be going to the Fork, are not the ones that would be going clear up to WRMC. It's outlaw, it's on the opposite side of the state, and there's no points involved for any type of series. Tracks have to be able to make $$ and this also is a great way for tracks to try things and work out bugs for these races, which will help their OMA rounds run much better.

663dad

PR Addict
Ok I am going put this out there regards to East forks race. Where is everyone going race at on the 15th, how far away do you live away from the race you are attending. Yes I am doing a numbers crunch, Please note I am not affiliated with East Fork track and just trying to get honest answer from eveyone. East Fork is not trying to hurt the turn out numbers of any tracks.

JBrown118

PR Addict
East Fork for me. 45 minutes from my place. I wouldn't drive 4 hours up to WRMC even if it was a Battle race. Just not interested in driving that far anymore.