Unadilla - "The Home of Horspower"

Mike

PR Addict
Who's going this year?

If you only go to one AHRMA race this year ( or ever) then this is it. 3 days of non stop MOTO and MOTO related fun, free dinner with some of the coolest Legends.

Vintage, Post Vintage AHRMA classes, promoter classes up to 1999, Junior Modern 85/125/250 for kids of participants only.

CAN/AM Challenge Race, USA currently holds the trophy, Canada is up to the challenge this year

Legends team race, sign up to race with your team captain, Chuck Sun, Brock Glover, Ron Lachine and others, $250 to enter with $600 of free swag.

And of course the star attraction, the track........ GRAVITY CAVITY, THE BRIDE, SKYSHOT, and the amazing hills and valleys. Also full gates, 50+ intermediate had all 40 gates full last year.

I know a bunch of Ohio guys are planning to go, rumor has it VET261 is even making an appearance.

http://www.unadillamx.com/mx-rewind/

My buddy Al Pizzino & myself from Wiseco Piston & Pro x will be setting up in vendor row. Al will be coming out of retirement hopefully racing his restored Maico 490. See you Ohio boys there.

My buddy Al Pizzino & myself from Wiseco Piston & Pro x will be setting up in vendor row. Al will be coming out of retirement hopefully racing his restored Maico 490. See you Ohio boys there.
Cool bring lots of "SWAG" we love free stuff

I'd like to go but my pickup is getting long in the tooth and not the most dependable, also hear the nearest motel is a bit of distance away.

Any of you guys with a motorhome have room for some company and a bike? I'd of course chip in on gas and such. I'm only mildly annoying :)

I pre-registered today for Pre-Millennium B and Open Age B. Both Promoter Support classes.

Mooch Kari and I are making a little vacation out of it, hopefully you can find a travel partner --- isn't Mike Bickley down your way? They have showers at the track that are decent, last year our group just stayed at the track in tents and it was fine.

Mooch - as I think you know I live down this way. I am on the fence as I have to be on a plane on Monday in Columbus for business so if I go my plan is leave Friday and camp out Friday and Saturday night. As soon as my last moto is done Sunday I am riding my bike on to the trailer and leaving asap. I have no motorhome but a reliable Escape and a 3 rail and would have room for 1 bike if I go. Pre-register ends 5/30 at noon so I will wait to make my decision until that day around 11. Weather will play a big role in my decision so if it looks iffy I may wait even longer. If I go a passenger/cost splitter would be great! If you have interest let me know.

We are packed with bikes and people already. I can provide hot coffee in the morning ! I see a big Ohio possee brewing !!!! Circle m up and lets go....a do not miss event.

Less than two weeks away! I never got the '98 out for testing....hopefully this week either at Smith Rd Wed or Cabin on Thurs.

Where else can you pay $30 for a second AHRMA class and chase Chuck Sun around Unadilla..........

Racing Legends Headed to Thor MX Rewind At Unadilla

Motocross History Comes Alive June 10-12!

New Berlin, NY (June 1, 2016)- With just a little over a week remaining until the kick off of the 2016 edition of Thor MX Rewind, Unadilla is pleased to announce the legends line up. Twelve former racing legends will be attending Thor MX Rewind at Unadilla on June 10-12, 2016.

Representing the early years of motocross racing will be Joe Annunziata, Dick "King Richard" Burleson, and Barry Higgins. All three of these riders raced at Unadilla in our beginning years.

In addition, four new racers representing the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s will be in attendance, including Todd DeHoop (early member of the Michigan Mafia), Arlo Englund, Canadian Doug "The Sweeper" Hoover, and one of the most versatile off-road racers ever, Rodney Smith.

Returning this year is popular legend Chuck Sun, the 1980 500cc National Champion and member of the winning 1981 US Motocross and Trophee des Nations teams. Also returning to thrill fans with their riding and fan friendly natures are: John Dowd, Doug Henry (1993 and 1994 125cc National Champion and 1998 250cc National Champion), Trey Jaworski, and Bruce Stratton.

Time is nearing! What's the plan, who's in?

We are leaving Friday morning early and making a few stops on the way, should be at Unadilla by late afternoon Friday.

Doing a little more test-n-tune this week on the '98 RM but pretty much ready to go!

98RM250.jpg

John, your bikes always look factory or Pro-Team built and intimidating to line up against.
Fine work as always.

Who's going.....

Mike, Mike and jack
Todd & John
Vet261 & his better half
Wheeler Dealer
Jason our Michigan buddy

Bill ??????

Must be a bunch more PIT RACERS going??

It was a really difficult decision but I am not going to make it. I have travel/work commitments on both ends that would make it too much. Plus I was hoping to have a newly plated, polished, and ported top end in and I have not got it back yet. The CR's a bit down on HP at the moment... I know my buddy Tim and some of his non posting crew will be there. As mentioned above Adam and will be there with Al from Wiseco. Adam should have a sweet 79 KX there he just got done with. I will go down and support the cause at Camp Cattail on Saturday - fun time last year. You guys have yourself a good one!

Looks like a good weekend ahead of us, not to late to join the fun,

Over 450 preregistrations for the three day event,

I couldn't help giggling a little bit.....the pics on AHRMA's website listing for a few of the race events (including Unadilla) is of people racing at Mid Ohio AMA VMD on Non Current bikes that are not legal for AHRMA racing. EDIT --- It's the same pic for both just cropped differently.

Mike where are you seeing over 450 pre-entries? AHRMA website shows 162 Saturday and 206 Sunday.

Also, with that total of 368, there are still 30 classes over the two days that have two racers or less. There are many with only 3 racers in them as well. So what's that tell you about AHRMA classes? Uh, maybe get rid of like half of them? You clearly don't need A/B/C divided up in every single class. Do we really need 80 classes of motocross to choose from?

The ironic thing about this, is we are "celebrating" and "preserving" the vintage and post-vintage era of motocross with over 80 classes to select from, when that actual era only had like 5 classes on a given event day.

Last edited:
Back