Unadilla - "The Home of Horspower"

Cross County & trial included, my guess is around 650 - 700 total entries in AHRMA, plus the supporter classes, plus the CAN - AM Challenge, plus the Team Legends race. Biggest and best vintage event of the year for sure. My second class 50 + intermediate only has 24, but was 39 last year, many guys only race once a year and buy weekend memberships that preclude pre-entry.

Well once again the drama has hit me and now I don't know if I can go this weekend. We thought for sure we had everything lined up perfectly this time, but BOOM, in the matter of 4 hours it all falls apart.
AND I have 90% less drama in my life than most people with kids! JEEZ. Something is trying to tell me I'm not supposed to be racing this year I guess.

Well once again the drama has hit me and now I don't know if I can go this weekend. We thought for sure we had everything lined up perfectly this time, but BOOM, in the matter of 4 hours it all falls apart.
AND I have 90% less drama in my life than most people with kids! JEEZ. Something is trying to tell me I'm not supposed to be racing this year I guess.
"WTF" you need to be there, the "Pit Racer Team" needs the founder

Ha. I'm getting sick of cancelling plans this year. We've cancelled 4 trips already because of this situation and we just can't seem to get away from it.

Is anyone still looking for a travel partner? If I can still go Kari will have to stay home to deal with our drama.

Mooch? Blaumann? Buehler?

Happens to everybody with friends and family. Life's little rough patch's.
I have to remind myself often that this is just a hobby (and a preoccupation, and obsession, and distraction, and a passion, and a mission, and a destiny, etc. etc. etc. ) But that no matter what, family comes first. I can always park this game for a while if I have to and come back to it later.

Mooch - as I think you know I live down this way. I am on the fence as I have to be on a plane on Monday in Columbus for business so if I go my plan is leave Friday and camp out Friday and Saturday night. As soon as my last moto is done Sunday I am riding my bike on to the trailer and leaving asap. I have no motorhome but a reliable Escape and a 3 rail and would have room for 1 bike if I go. Pre-register ends 5/30 at noon so I will wait to make my decision until that day around 11. Weather will play a big role in my decision so if it looks iffy I may wait even longer. If I go a passenger/cost splitter would be great! If you have interest let me know.

Bill, thanks for the offer to ride up with you and your reliable vehicle! I'm kind of wussyish when it comes to roughing it in a tent for several days at the track and was torn about it. I see that you're not going now so that helps me live with making the tent decision :) . Where abouts do you live? If close to Columbus, you'll have to come and check out the track at my house in Sunbury sometime. I'll shoot you a pm.

Is anyone still looking for a travel partner? If I can still go Kari will have to stay home to deal with our drama.

Mooch? Blaumann? Buehler?

John, apparently I've not been keeping on top of this thread as I just noticed your post. I'll shoot you a pm to see if we can work something out.

Kari is taking one for the team and skipping the trip to stay home and drama-sit. Mooch and I leaving Friday morning and heading Unadilla-way!

May sound weird but happy to hear you guys pulling this together at the last minute.
Make Ohio proud and race your ass's off.

Mooch - I live in Pickerington and you bet would like to ride your track, I have to believe it is vintage type! Glad, not for Kari of course, that you are going to make it to Unadilla. I have not been since 2013 but it is just an unreal event. It is everything you think MX should be-have fun everyone!

Last edited:
Enroute! 7 suzukis. 1 Honda. 1 Yamaha!! 3 grown men!

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app
4bf051df207b58317c31c3e7f8c1a4ca.jpg

Did you guys roll the camper on the way there?

Bickley better change his shirt or he will get kicked out!

Back