Unadilla - "The Home of Horspower"

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Non current millenium class. Kreps and me on the 97-98 RM on Saturday. It was wet and slick!

Saturday was cold and rainy. Not much you can do about that. I skipped a moto early on because of the mud and raced one moto later in the day when the track started turning around.

Sunday was overcast, cold, windy, but no rain! Track was very nice -- they really didn't till it up much because of the rain but the very large turnout of bikes worked the track in very nicely. Very fun!

Bruce Stratton and Todd DeHoop were having great battles all day. Hucking the skyshot table and all that on the old bikes, fun to watch. Chuck Sun, Rodney Smith, Dick Burleson, Barry Higgins were some of the other names there.

I completely drilled a guy in the start of a Pre-Millenium moto, hope he's ok. Had a good start, dmx153 was near the lead and tangled with a guy on a KX ---- KX guy highsided off Dave's rear wheel and his body shot like a rocket right under my wheels. I basically rode ride over top of him. I asked people after the race and they said he was up and walked off but didn't get back into the race. I'm sure he's super sore today but hope that's all! DMX153 actually might have broke his foot in the collision but didn't realize it until the end of the day when he took his boot off!

Mooch and I had a lot of laughs during the 14 hours of travelling. Thanks again for going with me Mooch!

Awesome Pic's. Thanks for posting.
What a difference in the weather. It was hot, super sunny, dry and dusty. But we did have a decent breeze both days.

Pit in the pre-millinneium moto 1 I figured it would be you but the green fender has me perplexed? Am I color blind or is that not you?

Just a video I found online, no idea who it is.

The other vids I took with my phone while watching.

Just in case anybody thinks VINTAGE MX is too tame for them, Todd Dehoop on Skyshot on a PV Yamaha at Unadilla this weekend. OMG he passed (Lapped) me in the Can-Am race in a similar style at a speed I didn't know existed.

13466022_1703172819943033_4143388169764271479_n[1].jpg

It wasn't tame for the poor KX racer that highsided off DMX153 and planted his back right into the side of my bike that was pinned in 3rd gear! Boot and footpeg to the back and knobbies going over your head and neck isn't tame no matter what you are racing! Glad he looked somewhat ok afterwards.

Really a strong turn out for a two day Vintage MX event.

AHRMA Vintage 243 entries, AHRMA Post Vintage 397 entries, Promoter Support Classes 244 entries, total 884 entries.

Additionally there were 53 in the Can-AM race, and 36 in the Legends, 973 paid Motocross entries, and close to 1,100 if you count the Cross County on Friday. Must be a record for any vintage event in the USA ever.

Even with a 2 hour delay Saturday morning the event ran very smoothly, right on schedule both days. Even with the delay on Saturday we had time to clean up before the SWAG giveaway and free dinner & reception, and by 4:30 Sunday we were pulling out. The Robinson family knows how to run MX races.

Its a must do event.

Back